Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2019, 18:23   #1
BHPian

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey

Dear fellow BHPians,

Team-BHP has been a great platform for us car lovers/enthusiast and being an avid reader myself, I know how helpful can these initial ownership report be for the potential buyers. So here I am, sharing my initial ownership report of Grand i10 Nios on the forum.

We got Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT (Titan Grey) in our family on September 8, 2019. The main requirement here was to get a small automatic petrol hatchback on a strict budget of under 8 lakh rupees and after considering various options, we narrowed down to Nios for being best AMT option in this segment.

Having owned an Xcent in the past, which we all know is basically Nios's predecessor with the boot, I can well relate to the upgrades that Hyundai has brought into the segment.

• Smooth 1.2 Kappa Engine (BS6 compliant)
  • Great visibility from driving seat
  • Low window line gives a good sense of space
  • Interiors and cabin fit/finish
  • 8 inch infotainment unit
  • Digital speedometer and MID is a neat touch
  • DRVM
  • Projector Headlamp and Boomerang shaped DRL
  • Rear seat space and bench cushioning
  • Smooth AMT gear box
Dislikes
  • Front seats are not as comfortable as the rear seats
  • Push start/stop button and door request sensor are not on offer on an 8 lakh rupee car (AMT is only offered in Magna and Sportz; top of the line Asta variant is only available with MT)
  • Stiffer suspension (not really a bad thing as it helps in handling, but then the car really doesn't swallow the potholes as you would expect)
  • Shut lines are on the thicker side
  • Grey seats are prone to get soiled (so does beige though)
  • Boot space is nothing to write about
  • No auto-dimming IRVM
  • Fixed type headrest for front seats
  • No leather wrapped steering wheel in Sportz variant

Research and Booking
The alternatives considered were:
  1. Tata Tiago - Dropped after reading reports of issue with AMT;
  2. Honda Jazz, Maruti Baleno/Toyota Glanza, - Dropped as the on-road price for CVT was going out of budget; None of the car dealers offered any substantial discount to make it an interesting proposition; (Despite all the slow down news in auto industry, I didn't get any lucrative offer)
  3. Honda Brio - Had to drop as it is no longer in production
  4. Honda Amaze - This one is actually well priced for what it offers (better priced than Jazz, IMO), but got dropped as the requirement was hatchback and not a sub 4 meter sedan. Also, the auto version was going out of budget.
  5. Grand i10 - Older generation had good offers because Nios was about to be launched, but FE is a concern with automatic and buying an older generation when new one is almost there just didn't feel right. Hence, dropped.

Why Grand i10 Nios?
Well, I was actually waiting for the next generation Grand i10 to arrive and we did hold off the buying decision until the news on arrival of Nios became official. In the meanwhile, I read up all about the Grand i10 1.2 Kappa motor and gathered that it is good reliable motor. But, I also read the stories of Grand i10 automatic being a guzzler. Soon more leaks came in and it was confirmed that next gen grand i10 will arrive with AMT. Having read the Santro's AMT official review on Team-BHP and all the appreciation this AMT received overall, I knew that Hyundai's AMT is as good as it can get when it comes to AMTs. I also remember reading somewhere that a bigger engine would work better with AMT.

In my head, I started absorbing all this information about next gen Grand i10 retaining its engine (Petrol becoming cleaner - read BS6) and the AMT being on offer (which should take care of the FE). 'So what can go wrong here?' I thought and the answer I got was barring the price 'Nothing'.

We booked the Grand i10 Nios Titan Grey before the launch at Himgiri Hyundai, Gurgaon by paying a token amount of INR 11000/-. We also got a written confirmation for 100% refund in case of cancellation. While we were there, I decided to test drive the Santro AMT, just to have an idea of AMT operation and its smoothness. Having read good reviews, I had a little higher expectation of AMT and it didn't blow me away, but it was good when driven on a light foot. But booking was done, and now I could just hope that Nios will be better and smoother to drive. Dealer promised delivery in the first week of September.

The Global Launch
August 20 - the Grand i10 Nios was officially launched. Variant list was leaked before the launch, so AMT not being on offer on top variant was not a surprise. Sportz AMT was launched at the ex-showroom price of INR 6.98 lakhs. Pricing was good, although I was a little disappointed for missing out on some features that Asta had, but having an automatic was more important and this was in budget.

Test Drive and Pre-Delivery Inspection
Went to see the car in the showroom and test drove the MT as the AMT was not available for test drive. I was impressed with the interior quality, space and driving dynamics of the car. Sadly, the AMT was never offered for test drive, but the dealer did deliver on its promise of early delivery. Car came to the dealer on 4th September and I requested to carry out the pre-delivery inspection. Bigger concern was the titan grey colour and how it looked in flesh.

I saw her for the first time on the evening of 5th September and immediately fell in love with the colour. It was beautifully complimented by the 14'' inch Gun Metal alloys and looked extremely sexy. I don't think any other colour is as well matched with these gun metal alloys as the Titan Grey does.

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-predelivery-phone_img_20190905_160527.jpg

Showroom Experience
The sales advisors at Himgiri Hyundai are not well trained. My sales representative didn't know anything about the first in segment variable warranty on offer. Even when I mentioned that this is a first in segment feature where customer can choose the warranty package they want with Nios, he looked at me weirdly and said standard warranty is for 3 years and you can purchase extended warranty by paying extra.

I showed him the variable warranty option mentioned on Hyundai India website. He got back to me next day and said that the customer needs to opt for one of the warranty package at the time of delivery.

Variable Warranty Options
  • 3 years / 100000 kms
  • 4 years / 50000 kms
  • 5 years / 40000 kms

He further confirmed that extended warranty option will not be available if you opt for basic warranty of 4 years/ 50000 kms or 5 years / 40000 kms.

They were also not informed of extended warranty price and tried to get their way out of the conversation by saying that Hyundai has not released the extended warranty prices. He went on claiming that extended warranty price hasn't even come for Venue yet, so we'll have to wait for Nios's extended warranty and it should not concern us because we have 90 days from the date of purchase.

Hyundai India updates the extended warranty price on its website soon after the launch. I checked it myself and sent the pdf file to the SA, he had no reaction/answer. I told him that we will be opting for 3 year / 100000 kms basic warranty and will be taking extended warranty for the 4th and 5th year / 120k kms additionally. Price for this extended warranty was INR 8960/- (INR 7590 + 18% GST).

Day before the D-day
Himgiri insited to take loan and insurance from their inhouse teams and the SA went on to the extent of telling me that it is mandatory for me to take atleast one of these two from Himgiri. "Is it the law?" I asked smilingly and he understood that I wasn't gonna let him take me for a ride. However, I did take the insurance from Himgiri because for almost same premium, I was getting few added benefits such as personal belonging cover and key cover etc. Paid INR 30,800/- for Bharti Axa General Insurance.

Their finance team called separately and did offer the same quote as I was getting at HDFC, but I decided to stick with my banker and politely refused. However, they were not happy and told me that bank loan transfer can cause troubles for me on the delivery date, as there can be instances of money not being reflected in Himgiri's account and if I take it from their inhouse team no such issue will arise. And that is exactly what happened, it just felt like a vendetta on customers for not opting for things from the dealers' inhouse team. A day before the delivery, they created a scenario where my banker confirmed that payment has been made, but the SA kept on saying that since the payment has not hit our account yet and we cannot give delivery on Sunday as promised. All communication with respect to payment were shown, emails were sent out to Himgiri by HDFC team and the SA even accepted that he knows payment has been confirmed, but kept on insisting that payment must reflect in our account to give delivery.

After much debate and frustration, the SA said that he will take approval from the Manager and deliver the car tomorrow. He also told me that he was making this exception and this is not their standard practice, I somehow refuse to believe this. IMO, it is just a ploy to unnecessarily harass the customers.

Delivery
Reached the showroom at noon and saw the car being ready for delivery. I proceeded to finish the formalities.

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-showroom-phone_img_20190908_140007.jpg

The on-road price break up is as under:-
  1. Ex-showroom price - INR 6,98,350/-
  2. Handling Charges - INR 3,000/- (Will be writing a letter for refund of this amount after receipt of the RC)
  3. Registration (RTO) - INR 57,900/-
  4. Insurance (0 Dep.) - INR 30,800/-
  5. Extended Warranty - INR 8,960/-
  6. Mudflaps and Mats - INR 1,500/-
Total - INR 8,00,510/-
Himgiri didn't fail in disappointing me further. The car ran out of fuel and engine turned itself off while the SA was giving the demo on the car. I was charged INR 1500/- for mats and mudflaps, but the mats given were standard rubber type mats (not specifically designed to fit floor of Grand i10 Nios). On being confronted, they accepted that these are not car specific but generic mats and will be replaced when the official accessories for Nios arrive at their dealership. Car wasn't spic and span and no freebies were offered. Not even a pouch that you get for keeping manual and service booklet. A not so good cake and a bunch of 3 almost dead flowers was presented. IMHO, I think its time for the dealership model to go away, manufacturers should just follow Tesla's footstep and set up experience centres for customers. If the customer decides to go with the car, he/she can just place the order online and get the car delivered at its door step.

Anyway, the car was finally ours with 40 odd kms on the odometer and it looked amazing. We took off from the showroom and went on to a short drive for celebratory lunch.

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 26th September 2019 at 12:21.
rahul_goyal is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 16:39   #2
BHPian

re: My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey

Exteriors
From the front car looks bigger. The grill is very wide and holds boomerang shaped DRLs that look neat. Rear is very similar to Tiago (tail lamps are identical). Side profile is attractive and Nios has decent ground clearance for its segment.

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-side-profile-dsc_0111.jpg

Interiors
Best fit and finish in the segment, as expected from Hyundai. The car gets honeycomb pattern design on door pad, on space above glove box and on the moulding around gear shifter. Interiors carry a theme in ivory grey color and to be honest I didn't really like it when I saw it in pictures. But it looked much better in flesh. I wish they provided leather wrapped steering wheel in sportz variant. Rear seat is a comfortable space to be in as the bench provides great cushioning and there is acres of leg space (even with taller passenger at front). Recline angle helps in increasing the comfort. Front seats are decent, but I wish they were thicker and had more cushioning.

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-dashboard-dsc_0043.jpg

Safety and Security
The car gets 2 airbags, ABS, emergency stop signal (on emergency braking, the hazard lights flash to alert the car in the rear) and speed alert system (a beep is heard when you hit 80 km/h and 100 km/h).

Kilometres completed and average use
So far the car has completed 750+ kms. First free service is due at 1200-1500 kms or 2 months, whichever is earlier.
I expect monthly usage of 1500-1800 kms.

Infotainment and MID
8 inch infotainment unit comes with Arkamys premium sound mood and lets you connect to more than one phone at a time (I tested with two phones). Only one phone at a time can be connected for making/receiving calls over bluetooth. Sound output is good and an average user will not complain. Android Auto and Apple car play is supported as well. Reverse camera turns on automatically when the car is shifted to R and gives wide view of the space/things at the rear. Seat fabric quality is good but the grey colour is prone to get soiled. I will go with dry cleaning in future and haven't planned to install any seat covers as of now.

MID is updated and only has a tachometer dial, rest information is digitally displayed (including speedometer). It provides Dual Tripmeter, Distance to Empty, Average Fuel Consumption, Instantaneous Fuel Consumption, Average Vehicle Speed, Elapsed Time (Engine Running).

Ergonomics and Storage
In typical Hyundai fashion, every thing is where you would expect it to be. USB charging points, controls on ACC, Infotainment Unit and driver side door pad buttons are easily accessible. There's a dedicated space provided to keep your mobile phone (In Asta variant, it provides support for wireless charging). ORVMs are carried forward from previous generation and are of the right size. Support for electric adjustment and power folding is present in ORVMs. Steering can be adjusted for height (Tilt), telescoping function is given a miss. All doors can hold 1 litre bottles and boot space is adequate. Rear seat arm rest is not provided. Driver's side window gets one touch down feature.

Air Conditioning
Automatic climate control does a decent job in cooling the cabin. I usually keep the temperature at 22 degrees and found it to be just right to my liking. Air flow from the front vents is good but it the the rear AC vent that really left me impressed.

How is it like to drive?
One word answer, smooth. I have been driving turbo diesels for more than 10 years and am so used to the engine vibration that I ended up cranking the already on engine a few times. It is that silent.

Slot the car into D, lift your foot off the brake pedal and a split second later, the car starts crawling at the maximum speed of 9 km/h. People stuck in bumper to bumper traffic everyday would appreciate this feature. Ride quality is good and the suspension has become stiffer when compared to the last generation. Finding a comfortable seating position is not an issue and with seat height set up high, you get a very good commanding view of the road in front. NVH levels are good but I felt cabin insulation was better in my Xcent. Brake bite point is just the right amount, no complaints here.

Steering weighs up nicely at higher speeds and car cruises between 75-80 km/h in 5th gear with minimum effort. Ride feels planted and Hyundai's handling at high speeds is getting better with every car and Nios doesn't disappoint either.

Projector headlamps provides adequate light for night driving; high beam is strong too. Visibility and sense of space from driver's seat is the best I have witnessed in this segment.

How jerky is the AMT?
Let's get the elephant out of the room, the AMT on Grand i10 Nios felt much better than the one I drove with Santro. That being said, the jerkiness and head nod (typically associated with AMTs) would depend on how the car is accelerated. On a light foot, I didn't feel any jerkiness or head nod. While the upshifts to 2nd/3rd gear can be felt, the upshifts to 4th and 5th gear are barely noticeable. Downshifts are not felt at all. When driven with a heavier foot, the AMT delays the upshift giving you a wider powerband and gear changes become noticeable with a slight head nod. The car is best enjoyed when driven in a relaxed manner.

Letting your foot off the accelerator for AMT to upshift doesn't work. The AMT shifts on the basis of rpm and force applied on the accelerator pedal. To have a complete seamless experience, one can slot into M (Manual Mode) and upshift as required. Driving in manual mode gives you best of both worlds, as you don't have to deal with clutch and you get more control with upshifts. Downshifts are automatic even on manual mode and too early upshifts (where rpm is not high enough) are ignored by the AMT gearbox, it is only when you reach an optimum rpm, the AMT lets you upshift.

IMO, this is the best AMT available right now and makes Grand i10 Nios, a breeze to drive.

Fuel Efficiency
On a tankful to tankful method, the car returned an average of 11.55 kmpl for the first 335 kms (with city usage and AC on at all times), the MID showed 12.5 kmpl.

For the next 353 kms, the car returned a fuel economy of 12.74 kmpl on tankful to tankful method. The MID showed 13.7 kmpl.

Some significant things
  • Unlocking the front passenger door no longer unlocks the whole car;
  • Doors auto-lock when car reaches the speed of 15 km/h;
  • Doors unlock when the key is taken out;
  • Boomerang DRLs are connected with handbrake and turns on automatically when handbrake is released;
  • Pressing the brake is mandatory before making any shift on gear lever (car beeps and a warning comes up on the instrument cluster);
  • More than one phone can be connected with the infotainment to play music;
  • Only one phone at a time can be connected for making/receiving calls;
  • Car honks once on locking via remote and twice on unlock; (There's no way to stop it from honking and horn is very loud, while locking one can lock the car from the lock button on the door and shut the door = no honking, but do not forget to leave the key inside)
  • Infotainment keeps on playing music even when key is taken out (tested for over 2 minutes); it turns off as soon as the door is opened.
  • Holding the reset button on MID over 'Distance to Empty' changes the temperature reading for MID and ACC from celsius to fahrenheit and vice versa
  • Previous generation had this feature where if you unlock the car, open a door and put stuff in the car and shut the door - the car would lock automatically after a minute. This is a nifty feature which really helps in case someone forgets to lock the car. For some reason, this has been given a miss in Nios.

Planned upgrades
  • Ceramic Coating at Detailing Devils, Sohna Road - Quoted price INR 15,000/- for 3 years with annual touch up;
  • Door guard on all 4 doors (already purchased from Amazon) - will get them installed after ceramic coating;
  • Anti rust coating (underbody protection) with 5 year warranty from 3M - Quoted Price INR 4800/- with half yearly inspection and touch up;
  • Noodle mats (cut from a roll according to floor size), if I replace the standard rubber mats with official Nios fabric mats;

While I am keen on ceramic coating, I have mixed feeling about anti rust coating. I have gone through the forum, but didn't quite make up my mind on the necessity of going for antirust coat. I read that it's not required in Delhi NCR. Say if the underbody does get rusted, isn't that covered in your warranty?

I welcome opinions of senior members and experts, to advice me on noodle mats vendor in Gurgaon, anti rust coating and ceramic coating.

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 26th September 2019 at 19:46.
rahul_goyal is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 01:12   #3
BHPian

Enough talk. Now, I'll let pictures do the talking.

Exterior

Front view
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-front-dsc_0027.jpg

Side profile
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-side-profile-dsc_0111.jpg

Wide grill with boomerang shaped DRL
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-grill_dsc_0033.jpg

Smart Auto badging
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-smart-auto-dsc_0107.jpg

G-10 logo
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-g10-logo-dsc_0081.jpg

Engine Bay
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-engine-bay-dsc_0109.jpg

Rear profile
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-rear-dsc_0030.jpg

Roof rails with caution
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-roof-rails-dsc_0089.jpg

14 inch Gun Metal Alloy Wheels look sexy
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-alloy-dsc_0085.jpg

Tyres are from Hankook (Made in Indonesia) and tyre size is 165/70/R14
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-tyre-dsc_0086.jpg

Interiors

Driver's seat
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-drivers-seat-dsc_0034.jpg

Passenger side interior view
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-passenger-side-view-dsc_0048.jpg

Minimum and maximum rear seat space (Notice that rear seat belts have dedicated space to keep them in place)
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-minimum-maximum-rear-seat-space-dsc_0036.jpg

Dashboard - looks modern and snug
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-dashboard-dsc_0043.jpg

Up-close view of seat fabric and stitching
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-seat-fabric-stitching-dsc_0047.jpg

Only the passenger seat gets a pocket
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-seat-pocket-dsc_0045.jpg

Door pad controls mounted on Driver's side
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-driver-door-pad-buttons-dsc_0040.jpg

Steering control - Pressing the volume button in centre mutes/pauses the music
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-steering-controls-dsc_0065.jpg

Gear Shift
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-gear-shift-dsc_0041.jpg

Driving Modes - Reverse is backlit in Red Colur, Neutral and Drive in Blue colour
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-gear-shift-dsc_0070.jpg

Honeycomb pattern design everywhere
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-honeycomb-dsc_0073.jpg

Rear AC vent is effective and powerful
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-rear-ac-vent-dsc_0078.jpg

USB ports
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-usb-ports-dsc_0077.jpg

8 inch Infotainment unit
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-infotainment-unit-dsc_0058.jpg

Instrument Cluster shows which door is open (even boot) - neat
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-instrument-cluster-door-open-dsc_0038.jpg

Instrument Cluster with all lights on
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-instrument-cluster-dsc_0055.jpg

Fuel Economy was 14.2 kmpl
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-fuel-economy-dsc_0056.jpg

Distance to empty
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-distance-empty-dsc_0057.jpg

Boot Space
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-boot-space-dsc_0082.jpg

Dr. Charcoal non electric air purifier
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-dr.-charcoal-dsc_0075.jpg

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 26th September 2019 at 19:20.
rahul_goyal is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 01:41   #4
BHPian

Features of AMT as explained in the Owner's Manual

Quote:
  • The Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) can be thought of as a automatically shifting manual transmission. It gives the driving feel of a manual transmission.
  • When D (Drive) is selected, the transmission will automatically shift through the gears similar to a conventional automatic transmission. Unlike a traditional automatic transmission, the gear shifting can sometimes be felt and heard as the actuators engage the clutches and the gears are selected. When the gear is shifting, you may sometimes hear operating noise. This is normal and does not indicate a problem with your transmission.
  • The Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) adopts a dry-type single clutch, which is different from the torque converter of the automatic transmission. It shows better acceleration performance and increased fuel efficiency while driving but initial launch might be little bit slower than the automatic transmission.
  • As a result, gear shifts are sometimes more noticeable than a conventional automatic transmission and a light vibration during launching can be felt as the transmission speed is matched with the engine speed. This is a normal condition of the Automated Manual Transmission (AMT).
  • The dry-type clutch transfers torque more directly and provides a direct drive feeling which may feel different from a conventional automatic transmission with a torque converter. This may be more noticeable when launching the vehicle from a stop or when traveling at low, stop-and-go vehicle speeds.
  • When rapidly accelerating at a low vehicle speed, the engine rpm may increase highly depending on the vehicle’s driving condition.
  • For a smooth launch uphill, depress the accelerator pedal smoothly depending on the current conditions.
  • If you release your foot from the accelerator pedal at low vehicle speed, you may feel engine braking, which is similar to manual transmission.
  • When you turn the engine on and off, you may hear clicking sounds as the system goes through a selftest. This is a normal sound for the
    Automated Manual Transmission (AMT).
  • During the first 1,500 km (1,000 miles), you may feel that the vehicle may not be smooth when accelerating at low speed. During this break-in period, the shift quality and performance of your new vehicle is continuously optimized.
Creeping Function
Quote:
The Creeping function helps the vehicle to start smoothly. If you take your foot off the brake pedal when the shift lever is either in R (Reverse), D (Drive) or M (Manual) position, the vehicle will start slowly without depressing the accelerator pedal. To disable the function, depress the brake pedal or pull up the parking brake lever.

The creeping function will not operate when the parking brake lever is engaged with the shift lever in R (Reverse), D (Drive) or M (Manual) position.

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 26th September 2019 at 18:45.
rahul_goyal is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 08:21   #5
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 10:00   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey

A wonderful review! So many little details that nobody would have noticed or paid attention to. Like the DRLs being linked to handbrake for instance. Great that the doors auto-lock on this car. Lovely colour you got there. Looks very stealthy. Especially with those matching stock alloys. No wonder its in today's hot/featured articles already.

Loved reading it right to the end. Let me be the first one to congratulate you for it! Wishing you and your dear ones unlimited safe & happy miles with the G-i10!

Last edited by Reinhard : 27th September 2019 at 10:01.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 14:54   #7
BHPian

Congratulations. I have never been a fan of underbody protection. It is not supposed to go kaput. Every part is galvanised and rust proof applied feom factory. I see no use of it but if users can provide any supporting facts to do it, I am open to change my opinion. I have a 20 year old m800 std without any underbody and nothing went wrong ever.
Sran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 16:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
Infotainment and MID
8 inch infotainment unit comes with Arkamys premium sound mood and lets you connect to more than one phone at a time (I tested with two phones). Only one phone at a time can be connected for making/receiving calls over bluetooth. Sound output is good and an average user will not complain. Android Auto and Apple car play is supported as well. Reverse camera turns on automatically when the car is shifted to R and gives wide view of the space/things at the rear. Seat fabric quality is good but the grey colour is prone to get soiled. I will go with dry cleaning in future and haven't planned to install any seat covers as of now.
Congrats for new car and thanks for detailed review and images, from the image you uploaded it looks like Hyundai changed arrangement of knobs on head unit.
Grand i10 had volume up/down and track next/prev on steering and closer to steering they had given volume up/down (on head unit), that was annoying as for power on/off you have to go to extreme left dial. Any knob/switch or dial which doesn't have steering mounted control (but available only on head unit) should have been closer to driver.
Someone realized this mistake and shifted power on/off to the right and moved volume dial to left side.
Old 27th September 2019, 16:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Rahul, on your Titan Grey NIOS AMT. Looks super like a "Urus" head on. Love how the body color compliments the interior theme. Very useful write up and images. Yeah, I've also got Dr Charcoal in my car! Happy motoring to you! Yours must be the first NIOS AMT ownership review thread in TBHP. It will be useful for others who may be interested in the NIOS. Keep the thread updated.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 16:46   #10
BHPian

I really loved the overall looks of the car and the alloy wheel is quite complimenting. But all through the ad's where a blue shade of the car - but this colour looks the best so far for me.

Decent paint job btw - and loved the black treatment across the grille etc. Great choice and all the best
peterjim13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 16:46   #11
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car. I am also looking at a Nios AMT and the same color as well and the experience from a user perspective is really helpful for someone like me looking to take the plunge. I am looking to move from a Jazz CVT to the Nios AMT (Due to various reasons) and was worried a bit regarding the AT experience and the efficiency. I drive with a light foot and based on your experience and my test drive I think i should be able to adapt quickly without feeling like a too much of a downgrade. Hyundai's AMT is based on electric actuators (Quicker and smoother?) compared to hydraulic actuators in other AMT boxes and as per tbhp review of Hyundai's AMT it seems to be the best implementation as far as AMTs are concerned. FE also seems to be on par with the Jazz CVT under city condition.

I feel that the interior space is almost at par with the Jazz and the rear bench has more depth and comfortable with ample leg room. The boot is much smaller though and expected due to its dimensions.

Hyundai has again short-changed by not giving the AMT option on the top end but at least they have not skimped too much in the sportz variant compared to other models in Hyundai lineup.

Do keep updating the mods/accessories when you add and again wishing you a great time with the car.

Last edited by praveen_v : 27th September 2019 at 16:47. Reason: Formatting
Old 27th September 2019, 16:55   #12
BHPian

Many congratulations on a lovely looking car there and a tasteful choice of colour. Wish you many miles of blissful ownership!

According to this report - https://www.autocarpro.in/news-natio...says-iza-44162 - it's alarming how carmakers in India cut corners and skimp on the basic galvanisation (anti-corrosion) process for their domestic models to save costs.

The report also suggests that with increasing use of High Strength Steel, it is even more important to galvanise the BIW to avoid rusting of this comparatively thinner sheet metal. Now, if Hyundai hasn't gone ahead and treated the NIOS, whose body is comprised of 65% Advanced and High SS, you are better off getting it coated from a reputable service provider. Should keep the hassle away from a long-term ownership perspective
forester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 18:33   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post

I feel that the interior space is almost at par with the Jazz and the rear bench has more depth and comfortable with ample leg room. The boot is much smaller though and expected due to its dimensions.
The interior space is significantly less than Jazz. The rear bench is a strict 2 seater + 1 kid. Jazz has wider seats. Boot space is also way lesser than what Jazz offers.
Old 27th September 2019, 19:15   #14
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. It indeed looks amazing in those gun metal alloys.

Quote:
Creeping Function
Quote:
The Creeping function helps the vehicle to start smoothly. If you take your foot off the brake pedal when the shift lever is either in R (Reverse), D (Drive) or M (Manual) position, the vehicle will start slowly without depressing the accelerator pedal. To disable the function, depress the brake pedal or pull up the parking brake lever.

The creeping function will not operate when the parking brake lever is engaged with the shift lever in R (Reverse), D (Drive) or M (Manual) position.
Please tell me how usable is the creep function in steep inclines. Is it predictable?
Old 27th September 2019, 19:20   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
The interior space is significantly less than Jazz. The rear bench is a strict 2 seater + 1 kid. Jazz has wider seats. Boot space is also way lesser than what Jazz offers.
Jazz is a premium hatchback which should be compared to Hyundai's Elite I20. Nios is a direct competition to Swift.

Let aside the space, why such a (un)fair treatment with the seat fabrics? Will get spoiled in no time.
VWAllstar is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks