Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 21:29   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All whats is the route from chennai to Horsely hills? i need to decide between Yearcaud and Horsely hills
Drive to Palamaner (via Chitoor) on NH4. At Palamaner you will see diversion for Madanapalle. Take that road (NH219).
At Madanapalle ask any one for directions. This part is also I think explained in an earlier post.

Last edited by ampere : 4th August 2010 at 21:30.
Old 16th May 2011, 15:06   #62
BHPian

Re: Weekend Travelogue: Horsley Hills

Hello Folks,

I am planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Horsley Hills. Is anyone aware about the differences in the rooms offered by AP Tourism's Harita Resorts? The AP Tourism brochure and the website lists the different room and tariffs but there are no pictures or description of the various rooms. The rooms and the tariffs listed are :

Whisper Winds Rs.1500/-
Wind Whilstle Rs.1400/-
Wild Winds Rs.2000/-
Wind Fall Rs.2700/-
Governor Bunglow AC Rs.2300/-
Governor Bunglow Non AC Rs.2000/-
Cottages (Big) Rs.1700/-
Cottages (Small) Rs.800/-

The worst part is when I visited the AP Tourism office in Hyderabad, the staff there were also not aware of the differences and neither had any photos for reference!!

When I asked the person about the differences, he said the price depends on the name of the room!! I get a similar response when I call up Harita Resorts at Horsely Hills. The person says : More the tariff the more the luxury! He was also not to provide the differences in the various rooms! The only information I could get from him is that there are only 4 rooms with AC i.e. the Governor Bunglow rooms. The rest are all non AC.

If any of you are aware of the difference, please share.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 25th August 2011, 20:52   #63
BHPian

Folks, I had planned to visit HH on 31st Aug 2011 and 1st Sept 2011 and will return on 2nd morning. Due to Ramzan and Ganesh Chaturthi we have 2 days of leave and I cannot think of stayin at home those 2 days.

Booked online via the APTDC website Haritha hill resort. Booked Wind Whistle for 2 days and 2 rooms totalling Rs. 2650/- i.e. Rs 1365/- oer day per room. My friend and I would drive there on Wednesday morning and the plan is to start at around 8 AM so that we reach by 12 PM which is check in time.

I had gone through all the posts here and took notes, thanks to all who contributed. Any other words of wisdom on the travel and staying there would be most welcome.

Will write my travelogue once I am back.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
Folks, I had planned to visit HH on 31st Aug 2011 and 1st Sept 2011 and will return on 2nd morning.
A trip to HH is a good choice to spend a couple of holidays! It must be a different experience now that you are going in the monsoon season. I had been there in May 2011 to beat the Hyderabad heat. Check out my travelogue : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...s-viceroy.html

If time permits or if you have an extra day to spare, try visiting the places that I had missed out. Ensure to carry enough cash as the credit card machines at the resort are not reliable.

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 30th August 2011, 13:03   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
Folks, I had planned to visit HH on 31st Aug 2011 and 1st Sept 2011 and will return on 2nd morning. Due to Ramzan and Ganesh Chaturthi we have 2 days of leave and I cannot think of stayin at home those 2 days.

Booked online via the APTDC website Haritha hill resort. Booked Wind Whistle for 2 days and 2 rooms totalling Rs. 2650/- i.e. Rs 1365/- oer day per room. My friend and I would drive there on Wednesday morning and the plan is to start at around 8 AM so that we reach by 12 PM which is check in time.
I wonder how you booked online. When I checked 2 weeks ago, all the rooms were booked over this entire weekend.

Nevertheless, have a safe trip and educate us of the difference in various types of rooms and road conditions.
Old 30th August 2011, 22:09   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I wonder how you booked online. When I checked 2 weeks ago, all the rooms were booked over this entire weekend.

Nevertheless, have a safe trip and educate us of the difference in various types of rooms and road conditions.
Yes for Weekends were all booked, but I will be there on Wednesday morning/noon and get out of there on Friday morning/noon. I will write my logs as soon as I am back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
A trip to HH is a good choice to spend a couple of holidays! It must be a different experience now that you are going in the monsoon season. I had been there in May 2011 to beat the Hyderabad heat. Check out my travelogue : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...s-viceroy.html

If time permits or if you have an extra day to spare, try visiting the places that I had missed out. Ensure to carry enough cash as the credit card machines at the resort are not reliable.

Rahul Waghmare.
I am not sure if I can go to Talakona water falls, its another 120 kms away from Bangalore but I will still try it, if possible.

Carrying enough cash with me. I had already paid in full the hotel bill - in advance.
Old 2nd September 2011, 16:03   #67
BHPian

Very good report. Horsley Hills is one of the least known hill stations of the south. I was looking to make a trip there. Your travelogue has proved to be a catalyst. I will visit shortly. thanks again
Old 15th May 2012, 13:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

Planning for a short weekend getaway. Please let know if May is a good season to visit Horsley Hills and how is the recent experience with the AP Tourism run resort and the roads from Bangalore. I got the tariff plan from the AP tourism website - APTDC - ANDHRA PRADESH TOURISM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION OFFICIAL WEBSITE: Destinations, Hyderabad, Tirupati, Visakhapatnam, Puttaparthi, Rajahmundry, Vijayawada, Warangal, Themes, Heritage, Nature, Wildlife, Religion, Beaches, Adventure, Fairs & Festi

Earlier in this thread it was recommended that Governors bunglow was a good option. Any other suggestions on the choice of the cottage and which would be best for a couple.
Old 15th May 2012, 20:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Planning for a short weekend getaway. Please let know if May is a good season to visit Horsley Hills and how is the recent experience with the AP Tourism run resort and the roads from Bangalore. I got the tariff plan from the AP tourism website - APTDC - ANDHRA PRADESH TOURISM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION OFFICIAL WEBSITE: Destinations, Hyderabad, Tirupati, Visakhapatnam, Puttaparthi, Rajahmundry, Vijayawada, Warangal, Themes, Heritage, Nature, Wildlife, Religion, Beaches, Adventure, Fairs & Festi

Earlier in this thread it was recommended that Governors bunglow was a good option. Any other suggestions on the choice of the cottage and which would be best for a couple.
The Last time i went to horsley i stayed at Punami / Harita resort (APTDC). It was very good. I mean you may not have the finesse of a "posh" hotel but the beds and loos are clean. The resort is a "multi-layered" resort and is a good option.Their food is outstanding. These comments are of my visit sometime in March 2010
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 13:14   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Planning for a short weekend getaway. Please let know if May is a good season to visit Horsley Hills and how is the recent experience with the AP Tourism run resort and the roads from Bangalore.
May is a good season to visit Horsley Hills. Best time to escape from the heat of the city! I had been there in May last year. You can check out my travelogue : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...s-viceroy.html

We had stayed at Wild Winds which is pretty good. Each section of Wild Winds has a living room with a couple of chairs, coffee table, mini-cot and writing table and chair. There is a small room that has a sink, a drinking water flask, an electric kettle and a mini fridge. The bedroom has 2 single cots, TV, wardrobe, dressing table and attached bathroom. Overall a good place. You get coupons for breakfast and usage of the swimming pool.

Cannot comment on the road conditions from Bangalore as I had been there from Hyderabad. Have a nice trip!!

Rahul Waghmare.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 14:37   #71
BHPian

During my recent trip to Tirupati i Jan, I happened to cross the junction from where you cut for HH. The roads are awesome.

I left Hyderabad @ 7:45 am and was crossing HH junction @ around 1:30 pm. Anantpur is a cool 4 hours and then a nice stretch of road awaits you.

Enjoy the drive!
Old 19th November 2012, 11:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Horsley Hills Route

Hi

Planning to travel from Bangalore to Horsley Hills. 2 Innovas & 1 XUV. Families with kids traveling

What is the best route to travel? Comfort, rather than driving, is the key requirement.

Heard of the following routes:

1. Via Devanahalli, VIjayapura, Chintamani, Madanapalle, Horsley hills
2. Bangalore - Hoskote - Chintamani - Rayalpadu - Madanapalli - Horsley Hills
3. Bangalore - Hoskote - Chintamani - Gownipally - B.Kothakota - Horsley Hills

Please let me know which is the best route.

Also, any ideas on what are miss-not places in Horsley? Currently, the idea is to chill out.
Old 19th November 2012, 14:12   #73
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore - Horsley Hills Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
2. Bangalore - Hoskote - Chintamani - Rayalpadu - Madanapalli - Horsley Hills

This is the best option. Go till Hoskote and take the Madanapalle SH via Chintamani. Ask any one at Madanapalle for
Horsely hills and they should be able to guide you. At Madanapalle, you should take the road to Kadiri for about 20km and divert
and exit left for the road to Horsely hills.

Last edited by ampere : 19th November 2012 at 14:13.
Old 8th August 2013, 23:28   #74
BHPian

Re: Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore to Horsley Hills

Any one biked here lately or can give feedback if the route can be done on a bike? Some quick info will help as we are planning for this weekend if the weather permits
Old 9th August 2013, 02:10   #75
Senior - BHPian

Re: Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore to Horsley Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish.Krovvidi View Post
Any one biked here lately or can give feedback if the route can be done on a bike? Some quick info will help as we are planning for this weekend if the weather permits
We did this route on 3 bikes way back in 2006 and more recently on an I20 couple of years back. It is definetly doable on a bike. The last time we travelled, there was some repair work going on for the roads and the recent monsoon may have had an impact, but hey, whats the fun of riding a bike on smooth roads?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks