Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2015, 07:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing.

That is one LONG drive Arun. A perfect complement for the Linea.
Thanks ampere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Awesome read - finished all of it!

Kudos to your kids for being so well behaved for such long durations, else the driving pleasure and the spouse's happiness go away if kids get irritated!
Yes they were the heroes of this trip. They never showed any signs of being bored..

Quote:
Q: Didnt you visit FASS one time too many in the trip, considering your service interval is 15k? Precautions are good, but they rob critical time on SUCH epic trips. I generally avoid it esp out of the fear of any bad mechanic who may actually spoil the car and derail the trip completely.
I agree. Maybe, if I was not with my family, I would have ignored both the visits.

In Jaipur, I allowed them to remove only the left front tyre to check the brake pad and for any small stones in that area. This was due to the incident near Ranikhet.

Salem visit was just a checkup. Also, as per manual every 15K Wheel alignment is required to keep the warranty intact. As per the initial plan, I was supposed to do this after the bangalore return when I would have reached 45K. But with the plan change to Kanyakumari, bangalore return will take the ODO close to 47K, hence we decided to do this in Salem. The manager here was very understanding and he said since all fine we will just check the reading.

Quote:
SO - when are you doing the North East? That should be a 10k round trip.
Its North East or leh/ladakh. But after 2-3 years only as we want our younger one to grow up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Take a Bow Arun !!!

Now that is called "Hyper Serious Mile Munching" . Everything else fails in front of this trip !!
With a 2.5 yr old kid in tow, I am just bowing in front of you. It is such an impossible task to drive 200kms at a stretch with my 2 yr old ! I wonder how you guys managed ! Amazing !
Thanks Soumyajit9!
It was easier to manage him inside the car

Quote:

The roads look amazing and sure you had fun driving on the superb tarmc.
Must say the Linea held up solidly without any let downs !
Yes, hats off to Linea!
Quote:
If I were in your position, seeing the heavy traffic within Bangalore I would deviated from Silk Board to my south Bangalore home.
Old 19th May 2015, 08:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: 7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari

One word Arun. AWESOME...

Whats a trip and what a narration, I am sure you and your family must have enjoyed this outing to the hilt. Hats off to your family for being patient throughout the trip esp your kids for not getting cranky. Actually all this helps a lot in keeping your patience levels within limits.

1.3K kms in a single day on day 12. Man that must be something.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 10:02   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant Arun!!!

Finally we get to read and see the Travelogue of one of the most interesting cross country drive.

Well executed and needless to say that even before the man or machine, Hats off to the occupants who are the real heroes of this entire drive (like I kept telling).

You drove them on straights, expressways, ghats and what not and they all loved it. And am sure the next time you plan another one, they'll all be the first one to get excited and that exactly matters.

The Marathon drive on the last leg from Shirdi to Salem reminds of the one I took 2 days back from Bangalore to Ahmedabad and my wife and Kid managed it without a complaint.This was 1504 kms in 22.5 Hours.

You were plain unlucky at Ankleshwar. I passed it without an issue and latest news is that the situation is not at all bad even on the regular bridge and takes 20 minutes!!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th May 2015 at 10:03.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 10:26   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic Travelogue Arun. Nice pictures.

Hats off to your family and kids, this surely will remain in your memory for a long time.

Thanks for sharing.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 10:49   #20

Hi Arun
I am planning a trip from Delhi to Bangalore later this year .
Delhi- Jaipur- Udaipur - Mumbai/ Pune - Bangalore . Can you give me your contact number to discuss a few points realted to thsi trip?
kjrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 11:36   #21
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari

Arun - Awesome Trip, excellent travelogue and pictures, thanks for sharing
Kudos to the entire family for making it such a successful trip, those kids are heroes
Now I know whom to ask if I ever plan such a trip!
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 14:53   #22
BHPian

Re: 7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari

Hello Arun,
Beautiful travelogue.
I might be visiting Nainital and Kausani next week.
How is the weather there? Can it be covered in two nights and three days from Delhi?

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th May 2015 at 11:05. Reason: adding "from Delhi"
igybeck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 15:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Awesome Arun Good to read your travelogue and every petrol head should do a marathon run like this at least once in his lifetime. Even I am planning for one few years down the line.

Also good to know the car behaved well without any hassles and took you and your family to all destinations perfectly. Keep munching miles and let many more trips like this happen your way. Keep revving
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 15:41   #24
BHPian

Excellent is one word.
Passionate drive, nice photographs, and an awesome clean log, too good for a first travelogue.
I voted 5 stars, but it isn't accepting in my office. Will go home and do it.
Ddrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 18:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thanks Soumyajit9!
It was easier to manage him inside the car

Yes, hats off to Linea!
Our road trips have dried up as he has grown. Because managing him is tough - he can get jumpy and trouble his mother far too much.

So either its serious mile munching in the night, or its short dashes. The wife cringes at the very thought much daytime driving. There's no chance I'd ever do a trip like yours, with my son being the naughtiness king that he is!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 19:10   #26
BHPian

Awesome trip, Arun, and thanks for sharing - read it all in one go!

Question: your right headlight does not seem to have the yellow strip sticker that is apparently compulsory in GJ (there's a thread on it). Did you not have any problems with the cops there?

Comment: In a photo early in the thread, you show your car's trunk before departure. Did you all travel with so little luggage for a 2-week trip? I ask because with my family (me, wife, daughter) a 2 day trip fills up the Linea's trunk!
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 20:06   #27
BHPian

Absolutely fabulous anna!!! Cant imagine that you drove 1200+ Km on a single day!!!
Very well planned and executed. Such a long trip with the family (especially with little one) is something that needs lot of courage that too when its through unknown roads / places. Kudos to you & your family.

The travelogue is interesting with the pics and complete with all the info.

I ve always wanted to do something like this. Will take your guidance then.

Just curious, what was the average speed that you maintained during the trip (on proper highways)?
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 20:34   #28
Team-BHP Support

Arun,

Why head to Noida from Agra for Nainital ? Office work ? Or just wanted to experience the expressway?

The best option is either Kasganj/Badaun/Bareilly or Aligarh/Narora/Sambal/Rampur.

Of course roads may be rough, but then I think its a big detour via Noida.
Old 20th May 2015, 01:23   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
One word Arun. AWESOME...
Actually all this helps a lot in keeping your patience levels within limits.
1.3K kms in a single day on day 12. Man that must be something.
Thanks ghodlur!
Yes, as I mentioned earlier, the kids made this trip a memorable one.
And even I was surprised that I was able to do 1300 Kms in one go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Brilliant Arun!!!
Thanks parag!
Quote:
You drove them on straights, expressways, ghats and what not and they all loved it. And am sure the next time you plan another one, they'll all be the first one to get excited and that exactly matters.
Yes, they are always game for long drives. And now, the long drives have been redefined.
Quote:
The Marathon drive on the last leg from Shirdi to Salem reminds of the one I took 2 days back from Bangalore to Ahmedabad and my wife and Kid managed it without a complaint.This was 1504 kms in 22.5 Hours.
You have just taken marathon drive with family to the next level.

Quote:
You were plain unlucky at Ankleshwar.
Good to hear that the situation has improved on the golden bridge. I really felt bad for the truck drivers who get stuck for hours and can't do the stunts that we do to get out of that mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Fantastic Travelogue Arun. Nice pictures.
Hats off to your family and kids, this surely will remain in your memory for a long time.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Krishna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrohit View Post
Hi Arun
I am planning a trip from Delhi to Bangalore later this year .
Delhi- Jaipur- Udaipur - Mumbai/ Pune - Bangalore . Can you give me your contact number to discuss a few points realted to thsi trip?
I am not able to send PM to you. Hence I have send a note to Mods with my number to pass it on to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Arun - Awesome Trip, excellent travelogue and pictures, thanks for sharing
Now I know whom to ask if I ever plan such a trip!
Thanks NPV!
Sure, any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igybeck View Post
Hello Arun,
Beautiful travelogue.
I might be visiting Nainital and Kausani next week.
How is the weather there? Can it be covered in two nights and three days?
Weather was good, very cold during the nights.
Nainital is a bit crowded and Kausani is more of a scenic place.
I feel two nights will be bit hectic as traveling from Nainital to Kausani(115 Kms) will take 4-5 hours and will be tiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Fantastic Awesome Arun
Keep munching miles and let many more trips like this happen your way. Keep revving
Thanks a lot fusionbang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
Excellent is one word.
Passionate drive, nice photographs, and an awesome clean log, too good for a first travelogue.
I voted 5 stars, but it isn't accepting in my office. Will go home and do it.
Thanks for your kind comment, Ddrive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Question: your right headlight does not seem to have the yellow strip sticker that is apparently compulsory in GJ (there's a thread on it). Did you not have any problems with the cops there?

Comment: In a photo early in the thread, you show your car's trunk before departure. Did you all travel with so little luggage for a 2-week trip? I ask because with my family (me, wife, daughter) a 2 day trip fills up the Linea's trunk!
Thanks, TheTeacher!
GJ police did stop me to check my papers. But they didn't ask about the yellow sticker. I was aware about this yellow sticker and was planning to put it on the last day before the drive. But due to the fuel issue, I missed it.

Regarding the boot space, We did pack for all days. It was basically one big and one medium-sized suitcase + other miscellaneous things. Maybe, it depends on how we stuff the things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Absolutely fabulous anna!!! Cant imagine that you drove 1200+ Km on a single day!!!

I ve always wanted to do something like this. Will take your guidance then.

Just curious, what was the average speed that you maintained during the trip (on proper highways)?
Thanks a lot Judil!
Sure, you can reach me any time.
Regarding speeds, mostly it was in the range of 110-120.
But some really good speeds on Baroda - Ahmedabad, Chittorgarh - Jaipur, Agra - Noida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Arun,

Why head to Noida from Agra for Nainital ? Office work ? Or just wanted to experience the expressway?

The best option is either Kasganj/Badaun/Bareilly or Aligarh/Narora/Sambal/Rampur.

Of course roads may be rough, but then I think its a big detour via Noida.
Yes, to meet my colleagues in Noida. But even otherwise, I would have taken the noida route to experience the Yamuna Expressway.

And during such long drives, I don't mind taking longer routes if it gives a stress-free drive.

Ex: Noida - Jaipur, we took the Yamuna Expressway, Mathura route than the normal route and it was really stress free.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 08:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Arun, 7618km in 2 weeks is simply amazing!

I'm just back from a Hyderabad-Trivandrum round trip of 3139km and your thread makes me feel like I didn't drive at all.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks