Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 09:11   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
Kudos Bro!

I should also say a big thanks not just for this brilliant travelogue but also for giving a confidence booster to undertake such trips. I too am planning to a similar trip (some thing like Trivandrum - Leh - Kanyakumari ) and share your experience with my wife to convince her.
Thanks arunmichael! I am glad that this travelogue is giving confidence to many
We too have plans for Leh, but that will take some time.

Quote:
Just one question mate, you and your better half shared the driving wheel or was it you all along ?
It was me 100% on the driver seat.
Old 30th May 2015, 12:57   #77
BHPian

Re: 7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari

Thank you Arun for this travelogue. Hats off to your wife and kids too! Amazing enthusiasm and energy!

After reading it, I'm now confident of taking my family along for a 4000+ km long drive that I've been planning for a really long time.
MorePower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 01:31   #78
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue of an amazing trip. I am impressed by your kids. I was reliving your adventure by reading your travelogue

- Krishnan
ksakotai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 14:46   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
Thank you Arun for this travelogue. Hats off to your wife and kids too! Amazing enthusiasm and energy!

After reading it, I'm now confident of taking my family along for a 4000+ km long drive that I've been planning for a really long time.
Thank you MorePower!!
Best of luck for your 4K+ long drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakotai View Post
Wonderful travelogue of an amazing trip. I am impressed by your kids. I was reliving your adventure by reading your travelogue

- Krishnan
Thanks Krishnan for your kind words!!
Old 2nd June 2015, 17:26   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Been planning of reading your travelogue ever since it came live, was able to do that only today.

Amazing drive and travelogue.

Also, been seeing your posts frequently, was surprised on reading that this is your first travelogue. Hope to see many more.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 2nd June 2015 at 17:27.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 12:06   #81
BHPian

Hi Arun,

One of the best Travelogues I have read!

I'm planning for a drive to Bhutan from Bangalore with a 2.5 year old kid. So wanted your suggestion on Car seat for the kid. Did you use one? If so, which one?
In most of our drives, my son would hardly sit for couple of hours on the seat and my wife ends up carrying him on her lap.
Any suggestions?
chaith.turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 09:11   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Been planning of reading your travelogue ever since it came live, was able to do that only today.

Amazing drive and travelogue.

Also, been seeing your posts frequently, was surprised on reading that this is your first travelogue. Hope to see many more.
Thanks a lot mpksuhas! This time since this was a very long trip we made sure to capture it in a travelogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaith.turbo View Post
Hi Arun,

I'm planning for a drive to Bhutan from Bangalore with a 2.5 year old kid. So wanted your suggestion on Car seat for the kid. Did you use one? If so, which one?
In most of our drives, my son would hardly sit for couple of hours on the seat and my wife ends up carrying him on her lap.
Any suggestions?

Thanks chaith.turbo for the compliment!

Yes, my kids were using child seat. Elder one has a booster seat and he uses it 100%. Younger one was in child seat most of the times. He preferred to use the car seat whenever he wanted to sleep. But yes, he comes out of it when he is awake. I will post the pic of the child seat later.

Best of luck for your Bhutan trip.
Old 5th June 2015, 15:43   #83
BHPian

Wow. Must have been an epic journey and loads of experience especially with a young kid. Hats off to you man.

Just showed your travelogue to my wife and trying to convince her to hop on for a long vacation. Hope she does
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 05:03   #84
BHPian

7K+ and that too with kids, amazing. Keep it rolling my friend :-)
cooldudesunny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 09:08   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaith.turbo View Post
Hi Arun,

Any suggestions?
This is the one we are using for him. Initially it was a rear facing one till 15 months and then we bought this one for him. You can check in shoppers stop/mother care, sometimes they give good discounts as well.

Also, check the below thread,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...bies-kids.html
Attached Thumbnails
7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari-20150606_060509optimized.jpg  

Old 29th July 2015, 15:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Re: Day 5: Agra-Nainital

Excellent travelogue. I may visit UK next year , in my Punto , when the school vacations start in April. May reach out to you if I need any help or information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
[*]Route taken: Ghaziabad-Hapur-Gajraula-Moradabad-Rampur-Kaladhungi-Haldwani-Nainital
I see a direct route https://goo.gl/maps/GrK43 from Kaladhungi to Nainital, any reasons for taking the detour via Haldwani ?
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 19:12   #87
BHPian

Congrats on your fabulous trip bisecting India almost in half (TWICE!!) More than your perseverance, I am pleasantly surprised by your kids' enthusiasm.

Thank you for your well-written log. And Good luck on your future travels!!
r.praveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 08:42   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Excellent travelogue. I may visit UK next year , in my Punto , when the school vacations start in April. May reach out to you if I need any help or information.

I see a direct route https://goo.gl/maps/GrK43 from Kaladhungi to Nainital, any reasons for taking the detour via Haldwani ?
Thanks sdp1975! Sure, you can reach me anytime for queries.
Regarding the Kaladhungi to Nainital route, we took the longer route for good roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.praveen View Post
Congrats on your fabulous trip bisecting India almost in half (TWICE!!) More than your perseverance, I am pleasantly surprised by your kids' enthusiasm.

Thank you for your well-written log. And Good luck on your future travels!!
Thanks r.praveen! Kanyakumari was not in the plan and was decided only during the return journey from Nainital. Otherwise, we would taken a different route, may be Nagpur - Hyd - Chennai - Kanyakumari.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 16:47   #89

That was quite a road trip. I enjoyed reading it.
rohitchandra21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 11:02   #90
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Eventful Day 0 and Day1

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
[*]Lunch@Vittal Kamat near Satara,MH around 1:15 PM(We skipped few hotels before this as the kids were sleeping.
Arun, Superb road trip, Excellent travelogue and pictures, amazing family - to do it with young children is never easy
Had a question on your timings - start at 4am from Bangalore and by 1:15pm you were at Satara, that's a lot of distance you covered! The 10 minute break for the packed breakfast was the only stop during this time ?
I'm asking since I wanted to get an approximate idea when one can reach Belgaum if starting at 4am from Bangalore. For a contrast, what if the start is 4pm from Bangalore ? Assume weekdays for both.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks