Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2017, 09:39   #16
BANNED

re: History, Sand, Hills & Forests - Our Rajasthan chapter from Kolkata in a Toyota Etios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Hotel reviews-
Another excellent travelogue with all the essential details required for anyone intending to do the same circuit.

What was the overall FE for the trip?

Looking at the places you have taken the Etios to, I feel it has done what a 2WD SUV would have, with better FE and lower maintenance.

Quote:
Continuation of day 10
Something which caught my eye.

That brass VW Beetle is by no means an antique toy. It is a model of the 2013-14 VW Beetle...!!!

Last edited by n.devdath : 24th March 2017 at 10:05.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 09:45   #17
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

re: History, Sand, Hills & Forests - Our Rajasthan chapter from Kolkata in a Toyota Etios

One word - BRILLIANT.

Breathtakingly beautiful photographs, amazing narration and fantastic presentation Samba Da.

Although each and every click is spectacular, personally I loved the pictures from the Ganga Aarti at Varanasi and the Tanot-Longewala section the most.

Rajasthan is very picturesque. Your luminous photographs detail out the beauty of the princely states like no other. A lot of development has taken place at Longewala it seems since I visited in Oct 2014. Your travelogue has left me looking at my leave calendar now.

Rating the travelogue 5-stars right away. Thanks for showing us how beautiful our country is !
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 10:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the wonderful travelogue Samba and superb photos to supplement it. Brings back my decade old month long cross Rajasthan travel.

But I am surprised there is no mention of Dilwara temple, when you have driven to Mount Abu, it is hardly a stone's throw from there. We had just walked upto it and back to Mt Abu. It is a fantastic example of archaeology. Maybe next time

Thanks again for refreshing my memories.

Last edited by parsh : 24th March 2017 at 10:27.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 15:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant travelogue, Samba! The teaser pics in your ownership thread set the tone nicely. The full version was delightful Amazing pictures & narration of the trip. It literally felt like a quick tour of Rajasthan
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 16:39   #20
BHPian

Re: History, Sand, Hills & Forests - Our Rajasthan chapter from Kolkata in a Toyota Etios

Firstly, my heartiest congratulations to you both on your marriage; may you both always be blessed with all the happiness. Secondly a big thumbs up for undertaking this extensive debut solo drive (as a couple) trip as your honeymoon covering over 5,000Kms in the heat of Rajasthan !!

I am just speechless to the photographs clicked by you as usual !! Simply mind blowing and words would not be enough to praise your skills behind the viewfinder. Rated a Well Deserved 5* just for the pictures !!

In fact your regular updates on the progress of your trip gave me the encouragement to pen down my recent 2016 Rajasthan Travelogue on Team-BHP which was due from my end and I truely thank you for that. Link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...rajasthan.html

Would like to share just a (previously not shared) picture of my trip :
History, Sand, Hills & Forests - Our Rajasthan chapter from Kolkata in a Toyota Etios-img_2758.jpg

Just an opinion - I sorely missed the "History Part" in your travelogue (as suggested in the title) as there is literally no matter shared for the places visited. Some brief narratives could have made the read more interesting and wholesome.

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 24th March 2017 at 16:40. Reason: Changes
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 17:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: History, Sand, Hills & Forests - Our Rajasthan chapter from Kolkata in a Toyota Etios

Brilliant work as always, Samba! Excellent travelogue and images tastefully taken and presented, voted 5*!
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 17:25   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

As usual, doing what you are best at - travelling and photography!
Samba da, pictures through your lenses are always a treat to watch and this is just that. Rating the thread much deserved 5 stars!

What a marathon drive and I am sure you two must have enjoyed the 'new' destination to the fullest.

Last but not the least, wish you guys a blissful married life. Bring on more of those travelogues.

Regards,
Saket.

Last edited by saket77 : 24th March 2017 at 17:27.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 17:59   #23
BHPian

take a bow, Samba da! what a t-log!
I love the way you keep typed words to a minimum, and prefer to speak with your lense.
The "follow me" camel ride pic, the low angle shot of the auto, the blue sky in contrast with the yellow signpost, I can keep going, but I shall be at the risk of mentioning almost every pic you have uploaded.
keep on clicking, and all the best for your new journey!
cr4nkshaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 18:27   #24
BHPian

Loved it, great pictures and a great trip to start your newly married life. Rated a well deserved 5. I think this was your best turn around time with the travelogue considering the length and breadth of the trip. Wish all 3 of you many happy miles, you, Ria and the Etios. Chuto Ford is not all forgotten, so including him as well.....keep enjoying!
arindam_xeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 20:22   #25
BHPian

Another amazing travelogue from Samba!
A great way to start ur new life. Best wishes to you and your better half.
Rajasthan is a beautiful place and your travelogue has done justice to the place.
Each and every picture is just perfect!
Well deserved 5 stars
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 20:39   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Brilliant travelogue, Samba! The teaser pics in your ownership thread set the tone nicely. The full version was delightful Amazing pictures & narration of the trip. It literally felt like a quick tour of Rajasthan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Brilliant work as always, Samba! Excellent travelogue and images tastefully taken and presented, voted 5*!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
As usual, doing what you are best at - travelling and photography!
Samba da, pictures through your lenses are always a treat to watch and this is just that. Rating the thread much deserved 5 stars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
take a bow, Samba da! what a t-log!
I love the way you keep typed words to a minimum, and prefer to speak with your lense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post
Loved it, great pictures and a great trip to start your newly married life. Rated a well deserved 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Another amazing travelogue from Samba!

Well deserved 5 stars
Thanks a million every one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

What was the overall FE for the trip?
Thanks a ton. The average FE i got for the trip was around 13km/liter.
You can have a look at this post on how Etios performed.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4168310

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
One word - BRILLIANT.

A lot of development has taken place at Longewala it seems since I visited in Oct 2014.
Thanks a lot brother.
I went to Tanot, Laungewala expecting a very lonely drive. But i found atleast 20-25 cars accompanying me. Its now becoming a popular tourist spot.
We were requested to stop at a place for 10 mins before Tanot as Ajay Devgan was shooting for some film over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post

But I am surprised there is no mention of Dilwara temple, when you have driven to Mount Abu, it is hardly a stone's throw from there. We had just walked upto it and back to Mt Abu. It is a fantastic example of archaeology. Maybe next time
Thanks a lot.
I have visited Dilwara temple too. I guess you have missed out reading this paragraph-
Quote:

Post lunch we went to visit the most famous Dilwara Temple of Mt abu. As-usual the cravings on the wall were just awesome but photography was strictly not allowed. So no pics from Dilwara temple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Just an opinion - I sorely missed the "History Part" in your travelogue (as suggested in the title) as there is literally no matter shared for the places visited. Some brief narratives could have made the read more interesting and wholesome.
Thanks a lot. Firstly the 205 sec conti's are looking mean with the gun metal alloys in your Etios!

Regarding the history part, let me be very frank and honest. I have literally very less idea about the history part. We hired guide's in some forts and all of them told us many stories. If i start jotting them now, i may goof up and end up sharing wrong info. So i skipped this part on which am not very sure about. So i just shared the pics on history!
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 23:26   #27
BHPian

2 years back by reading your travelogue ,I went for one of my most memorable road trip to Bhitarkanika (Odhisa). That time onwards I made up my mind to be a part of this elite forum to experience such wonderful travelogues of Bhpians.
So you can understand that I already became a follower of your travelogue even before I became a Bhpian. This travelogue specially will be of great help for me as I am also planning for a similar trip to RJ end of this year. Very neatly placed travelogue with some very useful information and above all awesome pictures.

Note from Support: Spell-check
Sayata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 20:10   #28
BHPian

Brilliant travelogue Samba! It ticks all the right boxes and fun to read as well - rated it a well deserved 5 stars! The length is perfect too - it is not too verbose but has all the essential information and reviews. The pictures, as always, are stunning. I liked the idea of punctuating the pictures with videos - it does bring alive the spirit of the journey.

Thanks for the pointers on Khuri and Longewala - I missed these brilliant spots when I went to Jaisalmer a couple of years back. The tip on the route from Agra to Varanasi will be really helpful for everyone planning trips via NH2.

I agree with AJgotBHP on the history part. A few one-liners about the place/fort/spot makes detailed trip logs more enjoyable to read - in my opinion

Your travelogues are an truly an inspiration - keep the odometer counting and the trip logs running!

Last edited by GhostRider28 : 25th March 2017 at 20:11.
GhostRider28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 23:18   #29
BHPian

Yet another blockbuster blog by Samba. Loved every bit of it. Now that I have virtually traveled with you in your narration, I think its time to do Rajasthan again. All the pictures were great as ever and the clouds and sky played a major role in that. I liked the way you framed some of the pictures with the Horizon , window , another window. The details shared is tremendous and any one seeking a driving adventure could pretty much follow your itinerary.
Regarding the history part its true the storytellers do vary a little but the main narration remains constant most of the time. Its better to cross reference with plenty of authentic reading materials available online. The merit of those structures are enhanced because of the rich history they hold.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 10:08   #30
BHPian

Samba Da, this travelogue is absolutely fantastic! I simply have to bow down to you, the way you combine the photography, the information, the story and everything wrapped up through a car enthusiast's point of view, simply unimaginable! As is the case with most of your travelogues, I am going to read this one extensively a couple of more times and also show it to my family. Also, Etios just looks fabulous in some of the pics.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks