Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 01:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

Went through the entire thread in one go......thanks for sharing, engrossing and beautiful tale and pictures, never been to Jim Cobert, but areas around it. Your story has made me add it to the list.

You are one lucky dude, 3 tigers in 24 hours!!!! I had to take 4 safaris in Bandhavgarh last year to get one very lucky sighting of the big male B2. There are people who have gone 15 times and were not able to see once.
Old 12th November 2009, 09:34   #92
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys, am glad you enjoyed the tale.

I would urge all of you to take your families out to a holiday at Corbett. Its such an enchanting place. I'm sure there's much more to see in Uttaranchal but this reserve is truly something.

Those Sal forests remain deeply etched in my mind and will lure me back to that place over and over again.

I will post a video soon here of a Tigress my host encountered blocking a road just 10 days before I visited. You guys have to see it to experience a wild and electric moment.

Last edited by DKG : 12th November 2009 at 09:36.
Old 12th November 2009, 13:05   #93
BHPian

DKG,

There is nothing on this planet of ours to compare with the Himalayas, nothing.
Just think of it, a chunk from the African plate detaches itself and rams itself on the Eurasian plate, and lo and behold- you have the HImalayas.

We who travel the world and are entranced by the beauties elsewhere, sometimes forget the dewdrop at our door- the dew which reflects the whole world- that is the Himalayas.

Uttarakhand is devbhumi- the abode of the gods, the land of Shiva.

The terrain, the people, the myths and legends, the temples, the unspoilt beauty of it all. Unique.

Regards
Old 12th November 2009, 13:12   #94
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
There is nothing on this planet of ours to compare with the Himalayas, nothing...

The terrain, the people, the myths and legends, the temples, the unspoilt beauty of it all. Unique.
Would love to spend a couple of weeks every year in that tranquil and pristine environment.
Old 12th November 2009, 13:24   #95
BHPian

DKG,

I go to Uttarakhand on an average once a year.

I am thinking of driving down (or should it be up?) from Bombay upto Corbett.
Its a very familiar feeling (the sights, sounds, smells, food) as I have spent a considerable amount of my life in UP.

P.S. : If you happen to drive down ( up actually) from Delhi, recommend you take the Dadhiyal-Bazpur-Kaldhungi enroute to Haldwani-Kathgodam-Nainital
(this is not the route to Corbett Park) once past Moradabad; you can stop at Kaladhungi at Corbett's winter home there. This road is sublime.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:47   #96
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of driving down (or should it be up?) from Bombay upto Corbett.
I would love to do the trip by road. Being in Hyderabad I'd have to head up through Nagpur, Bhopal to Delhi and then try the route you suggest
Old 12th November 2009, 17:14   #97
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Manson for making this thread alive, had missed it earlier. Envy you DKG, you been so lucky, I have been visiting the forests in South for last 20 yrs hoping to catch a glimpse of the Tiger - the big hearted gentleman. Envy you again for having such a lovely nephew who shares your interests (lucky him for having an uncle like you). Did he manage to pull out some mahaseers? One shot shows he has one on the hook, but snap with his first catch is missing. I rate this is as one among the best thread in Team BHP

Last edited by gadadhar : 12th November 2009 at 17:15.
Old 12th November 2009, 17:43   #98
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Thanks Manson for making this thread alive, had missed it earlier. Envy you DKG, you been so lucky, I have been visiting the forests in South for last 20 yrs hoping to catch a glimpse of the Tiger - the big hearted gentleman. Envy you again for having such a lovely nephew who shares your interests (lucky him for having an uncle like you). Did he manage to pull out some mahaseers? One shot shows he has one on the hook, but snap with his first catch is missing. I rate this is as one among the best thread in Team BHP
Its holidays like these which remain etched in our memories forever. A 1000 miles away I can still feel that cool crisp morning air of Corbett, the hauntingly beautiful call of jungle fowl, the mist hanging low on grasslands, as an elephant herd gather for their morning rituals, and that ever present electric feeling of eyes watching you, eyes of one of nature's most majestic creatures, the royal Bengal Tiger.

Children are so deeply affected by their childhood experiences and I am glad my bro-in-law and I were able to share such a special holiday with the little fellow. I do recall a lot of excitement while he tried catching his first mahseer, I was a little away neck deep in a silent flowing river, enjoying the serenity of the moment, so couldn't take more pictures but they must have caught and released some small fish

You know oddly when we left the park satiated to the core at having seen Tigers on three occasions I felt it was thanks to the purity of a child's heart that the king of the jungle revealed himself so often to us

Last edited by DKG : 12th November 2009 at 17:46.
Old 12th November 2009, 18:33   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DKG,

There is nothing on this planet of ours to compare with the Himalayas, nothing.
Just think of it, a chunk from the African plate detaches itself and rams itself on the Eurasian plate, and lo and behold- you have the HImalayas.

We who travel the world and are entranced by the beauties elsewhere, sometimes forget the dewdrop at our door- the dew which reflects the whole world- that is the Himalayas.

Regards
Completely agree, there is no denying this fact. Been to the himalayas(kedar,badri,vaishno devi) and have experienced it. No amount of words,photos can explain the beauty and tranquility of the place
Old 12th November 2009, 23:48   #100
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Just a week before we arrived at Ramnagar our host and his family encountered a magnificent Tigress on the road to Vanghat. Phenomenal video

Old 13th November 2009, 08:51   #101
Senior - BHPian

Deepak,
Amazing sighting, like she was trying to recognize a long lost friend before marking her territory, The head size fools you to believe it is a male, indeed a huge female.
Regards,
Old 13th November 2009, 09:35   #102
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Deepak,
Amazing sighting, like she was trying to recognize a long lost friend before marking her territory, The head size fools you to believe it is a male, indeed a huge female.
Regards,
Unfortunately the clip on you tube is not as clear as the one I have. But I don't know how to edit it and post.

The Tigress wanted to cross with her cubs. She kept looking in the direction of the cubs below the road. I just love the way she tries to walk toward the car hoping they would clear the way. She does that twice. The third time she goes below the road to check on the cubs and comes back wanting to make another attempt but gets disturbed by another car coming up from the other direction

What a magnificent animal. Her poise, that expression, amazing !!
Old 13th November 2009, 11:53   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
I would love to do the trip by road. Being in Hyderabad I'd have to head up through Nagpur, Bhopal to Delhi and then try the route you suggest
As of today, the best route to get to Delhi from Hyderabad seems to be via Mumbai. This should change once the North-South corridor is complete.

Cheers,
Old 13th November 2009, 12:18   #104
BHPian

Absolutely brilliant travelogue. Very nice pictures. You captured the environment very well. A better camera is definitely suggested Sir.

Thanks for sharing the video. Simply mindblowing and must have been an awesome experience.

Tiger Camp looks promising. Thanks for bringing it to us.
Old 15th April 2010, 15:58   #105
BHPian

Great travelogue and very lucky indeed, I must add. Another NP which has not been ticked off my list yet. Hopefull will be soon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks