Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 01:04   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
You've not used Diamox? It's supposed to be of quite help to not to have AMS.
BTW lovely shots, specially the last shot on Post 39, others are also nice but that one is special.
Thanks

[/quote] Just one request, please add the comments along with the photographs itself instead putting the list at top following by the pics.. It's bit difficult to scroll up and down to view the photo and then read the comment. [/quote]

Actually would love to do that but cannot figue out how. There is only one window to type in and a separate window to attach the files. (hope I am not sounding daft)

[/quote] And you've also seen those bikers ? We found them on all the places we went, first Khardung La(but not in Nubra), then at Panong Tso. At Tso Moriri also have seen few but not sure if those were them. And there were two lady riders too in that NDTV group. Actually have to confess, my ego was little bit hurt when I've seen them riding around Ladakh and myself being driven around. So much wished that I was also driving/riding myself.[/quote]

You have covered a lot more places than us. we would have loved to go to Pangong and Tso Moriri but just could not fit it into our 2 weeks off. Thats why we are going back next year why dont you also write your travelogue.
Old 24th September 2008, 01:07   #47

@locomotive

Guys i Really enjoyed your travelouge.
I have also started feeling to these adventrous Trip with my pals.
will be enjoying it.
nice Snaps revealing the beauty of Ladakh
Old 24th September 2008, 01:08   #48
BHPian

view from top of the Thiksey monastry.

check out how one side of the highway is a desert and the other side lush green
Attached Thumbnails
The Great Indian Roadtrip - Mumbai to Ladakh in a SX4-panorama3.jpg  

Old 24th September 2008, 01:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

Amazing travelogue and pics.!!
This place is definitely worth visiting once before you die.
Hope to do a trip like this someday.

Cheers
Old 24th September 2008, 01:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post

Actually would love to do that but cannot figue out how. There is only one window to type in and a separate window to attach the files. (hope I am not sounding daft)
This is how you can insert your comments in between pictures.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html
Old 24th September 2008, 08:04   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
view from top of the Thiksey monastry.
Fantastic panaroma! That right side mountains are always with clouds or so they told me. Green patch is because of INDUS river basin. One of the highest and longest in the world. Road conditions from your pictures look vastly improved from what I've experienced. I hope you've taken enough shots in Thiksey monastery. That place is loaded with photography subjects. I would love to see all your shots from trip. Keep this passion up. You must do it next year. Who knows, may be we'll meet there..

Here is one from the same spot where you've clicked.

The Great Indian Roadtrip - Mumbai to Ladakh in a SX4-town1.jpg
Old 24th September 2008, 08:43   #52

Great trip and very well written. Hope to do this sometime
Old 24th September 2008, 10:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

@Loco : It must be a typo. More plains start about 6 kms from Pang and Not leh. On the left side of the plains are the Zanskar Hills.
Also Lachungla is one of the most beautiful and long gully pass in the Himalayas. You cross 7 different ranges and 5 watersheds as you travel across it.
Old 24th September 2008, 10:19   #54
BHPian

awesome, is the only word that comes to my mind!and yes you have stimulated me buddie!!
keep going.
Old 24th September 2008, 10:48   #55
BHPian

WOW just amazing. and what an experience!! truly a dream trip. and some fantastic pictures too.
Old 24th September 2008, 12:08   #56
BHPian

Loco, simply amazing. Great journey mate.

So, what all places did you take your SX4 around Leh and how did she hold up. I guess the return trip will be coming. Right !!

Naman
Old 24th September 2008, 13:06   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You have covered a lot more places than us. we would have loved to go to Pangong and Tso Moriri but just could not fit it into our 2 weeks off. Thats why we are going back next year why dont you also write your travelogue.
Yeah, we've covered most of the places except Zanskar region and that anyway is on for next year's itinerary. And would probably go to Tso Moriri again as this time I was not able to shoot there as it was raining heavily and by next day it was AMS. But the best part of this whole trip was probably Nubra Valley, and I'm glad that we didn't returned back from K-top as most of the people do.
Will be writing a travelogue but need to finish processing the photographs before that.

And you know what, climbing Chang-La is much more difficult then Khardungla, try it next time.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 24th September 2008 at 13:22.
Old 24th September 2008, 14:58   #58
Senior - BHPian

@Kaushik & loco: Any info on the road to Padum frm Leh? Is it complete now or the route is still from Kargil?
Old 24th September 2008, 16:21   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Days 8 - 9 Leh - Khardungla.

I think all we did in leh was to rest and eat. Lovely food in the market particularly in the german bakery and a Pub close to it. Loved the Godfather beer available in Leh.

Unfortunately we did not explore too much. This was when we discovered that our car's papers were missing. we had to spend one precious evening in the Leh police station to get the FIR done!!

What caught my attention in Leh was the brilliant roads. On one han we have Mumbai, the economic powerhouse in India, with such disguisting roads and on the other hand was Leh, a tiny town high up in the mountains but with beautiful roads.

I am in complete support for BRO to replace BMC. after all Mumbai is also technically a border.

Khardungla was the very pinnacle of our journey. Highest motorable road in the world. Closest to God one can get in a car :-)

From there onwards the return journey began.

Pic1 - It was raining all morning. when the clouds cleared we saw this strange halo around the sun. Here even though its cold, the sun is incredibly harsh. It is said that if you sit in the sun with your feet in the shade you could theoretically get both a sunburn and a frostbite at the same time!!
Pic2 - Prayer stones at Thiksey Monastary.
Pic3 - trying my hand at some wildlife photography
Pic4 - Thiksey Monastary
Pic5 - Lush green fields in the village surrounding the Monastary.
Pic6 - I dont remember what this was but it had some sort of a religious significance.
Pic7 - Roads leading to Leh.
Pic8 - I vote for BRO for MUmbai
Pic9 - I dont understand how these houses are embedded into the mountain
Pic10 - Welcome to Leh.
finally...good to see the amazing pics of Leh..great work @ loco cheers:
Old 24th September 2008, 16:39   #60
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. Loco: When are we going to see Ladakh in your photos....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks