Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2023, 15:34   #121
BHPian

Re: Kaas (Maharashtra) -The Plateau of flowers

Hi

1. Out of the three slots which one would be better?

2. Would last weekend of September (long weekend) is better or first weekend of October, since rains might abate and fog cover could also be less.

3. Can this be done in a single day from Mumbai say, starting @ 5/6 am and returning the same day.
Old 25th September 2023, 20:44   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
Hi

2. Would last weekend of September (long weekend) is better or first weekend of October, since rains might abate and fog cover could also be less.

3. Can this be done in a single day from Mumbai say, starting @ 5/6 am and returning the same day.
Hi,

I had visited this place twice in past, 2017 and again probably in 2018. We had started quite early , around 03:30, so as to reach the place in the early morning. Though its been a long long time, but I guess not much has changed with the weather condition over there. Basically, as the day progresses, the weather becomes hot and since once has to walk under the sun, it quickly becomes tiring. Also, since its a stone surface, the heat dissipated will be more and you might end up feeling exhausted. With that in mind, I will recommend the morning slots. Please do remember to carry water and cap all along.

Google tells me that it takes an approximately 6 hours to reach Kaas from Mumbai. Since the first slot starts around 7, unless you plan to do an over night journey, you will miss this morning slot. I had seen decent accommodations enroute to this place during our visits in past and you can check via the google.

P.S., The rates are now 150 per person as I see in the link below. I had paid 100. Link for booking is "https://www.kas.ind.in/booking.php". I am not sure if one can still manage the pass at the entrance.

The best time varies from time to time and it usually hovers around September October. The google might help you in this case for this year's best time.
Majumdarda is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 22:22   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
Hi

Visited Kaas on 23rd Sept. Reached around 10:30 there but there was still lot of fog at that time. I would suggest take the second slot and reach early.

There are very less flowers this year but route from Satara to Kaas is too beautiful at the moment. Visit Bamnoli as well for boat ride.
shashant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 14:32   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Visited Kaas on 23rd Sept. Reached around 10:30 there but there was still lot of fog at that time. I would suggest take the second slot and reach early.

There are very less flowers this year but route from Satara to Kaas is too beautiful at the moment. Visit Bamnoli as well for boat ride.
Thanks for the latest update. Are there any parking arrangements at Kaas? Also, is the route congested?
I am planning to visit on 01st October from Panchgani.
Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 20:03   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Thanks for the latest update. Are there any parking arrangements at Kaas? Also, is the route congested?
I am planning to visit on 01st October from Panchgani.
Thanks
Yes there is a dedicated parking area. From there you have to board the tempo traveller(free) to Kaas. Takes 2-3 minutes.

Roads are excellent 👌. If you plan for banmoli, the route will go through kaas plateau.

Hope you have already done the booking.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 17:22   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Yes there is a dedicated parking area. From there you have to board the tempo traveller(free) to Kaas. Takes 2-3 minutes.

Roads are excellent 👌. If you plan for banmoli, the route will go through kaas plateau.

Hope you have already done the booking.
Yes, thankfully I have booked the tickets. Hoping for a good visit 😊
Old 8th October 2023, 15:22   #127
BHPian

Went to Kaas over the Gandhi Jayanti long weekend on 01st October 2023. Since it was a long weekend there was a 2 kms long queue of vehicle to get into the parking. Seeing this we parked the vehicle earlier and chose to walk for 2-3 kms to gate number 1, 2 and 3. It was raining the whole time and upon reaching the destination it was all foggy. The flowers, however, have started to bloom and it might have been at their best this weekend.

For someone traveling from Panchgani to Kaas, be careful in following Google Maps and ask people on the way. Below are the videos, few seconds apart.

Old 11th October 2023, 00:28   #128
BHPian

Am planning to visit this weekend from Mumbai. I have booked Saturday 3 pm slot and Sunday 7 am. But now when I see this thread people are saying it's foggy in the morning. Need recommendation on what time is better.

Also and recommendation for a nice stay nearby. Looking for a air conditioned room (assuming it's hot) with clean bathrooms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks