Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 10:31   #826
BHPian

Smart Cat, your route guide (map, pic-2) tells the story how extensively you have used that, its tore in most of the parts.
Old 13th May 2010, 10:48   #827
BHPian

Good to see you back on road.

Hey buddy, good to see you back on road.Keep it going.I can see you have really used the map (wear n tear marks it), but in one of your pics i have seen you using Garmin GPS. Don't you believe in that? or is it the latest addition?
Old 13th May 2010, 11:24   #828
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Aaha. welcome to agumbe. the capital of the king cobra!
Malgudi Days was shot here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Smart Cat, your route guide (map, pic-2) tells the story how extensively you have used that, its tore in most of the parts.
Unfortunately, the map did not survive our road trips. I finally had to let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prancing Horse View Post
I can see you have really used the map (wear n tear marks it), but in one of your pics i have seen you using Garmin GPS. Don't you believe in that? or is it the latest addition?
Garmin GPS was bought in 2004, and at that time, only Bangalore & Mumbai were mapped. Mapmyindia never existed at that time. Even then, the Garmin was useful in unknown cities like Jodhpur, where the GPS used to store the road we took. Helped us get back to our hotel room from the Fort for example.

But anyway, we need a proper map because we don't plan our routes beforehand. One of us picks up the map (always used to be in the car) and says "Hey! Shall we go to Goa via Jog Falls?"
Old 13th May 2010, 11:44   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post

But anyway, we need a proper map because we don't plan our routes beforehand. One of us picks up the map (always used to be in the car) and says "Hey! Shall we go to Goa via Jog Falls?"
Well, I was the official 'route planner' for all my road trips with my friends and my map was in an even worse condition than the one in the pic. So, when I started browsing through t-bhp, the map was retired gracefully (more so because it couldn't take any more abuse from me).
Old 13th May 2010, 12:56   #830
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Malgudi Days was shot here too!
Aaha. Seems some one has not been following my log properly. I've already mentioned that in one of my logs ages back Mr. Cat.
Old 13th May 2010, 13:18   #831
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Thats called Integration by Parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Well, I was the official 'route planner' for all my road trips with my friends and my map was in an even worse condition than the one in the pic. So, when I started browsing through t-bhp, the map was retired gracefully (more so because it couldn't take any more abuse from me).
I retired mine when I saw Google maps for the first time.

Good (re)-start Mr Cat. Agumbe snaps are very nice.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:21   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thats called Integration by Parts.
I retired mine when I saw Google maps for the first time.

+1, same here. Goople map is so cool & effective .

With the normal maps we use to literally search for places, with latest technology like Google map and GPS/GPRS they have made the normal paper maps a
Old 13th May 2010, 14:30   #833
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I still love the paper maps. During my florida days, I used to walk in to AAA office, show my license and pick up road maps! Even when I don't drive, I'd be sitting with the maps and analysing them and planning on routes.
I do the same even now, but with google maps. Nothing beats the old world charm of paper maps!
Old 13th May 2010, 17:12   #834
Team-BHP Support

Totally agree. Nothing can match the "feel" of a paper map.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:55   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Pic 3: Some people truly have no road sense - jumping lanes and stopping on other side blocking traffic at the railway gate.
Is that picture taken from the rear of the car?
Old 13th May 2010, 18:28   #836
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Guess he's complaining about Jagga. I have a query here. Did you put any special props for Jagga to sit and drive. If he's the shortest, how did he manage to see beyond the wheel? Did his legs reach the gas pedal or did you use your freakishly long legs to help him with that?
Old 13th May 2010, 19:23   #837
Team-BHP Support

Height adjustable driver's seat set at the highest setting, steering wheel set at the lowest setting and the driver's seat pushed all the way forward usually does the trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Guess he's complaining about Jagga.
That's the front of the car allright. And yes, Jagga was trying to show that the Optra could easily go under the railway gate - these shorties always have such strange ideas.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-picture-010.jpg
Old 13th May 2010, 19:56   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CHITRADURGA FORT TRIP PICS

Pic 1: Chitradurga Fort is in Chitradurga town, about 200 kms from Bangalore on the Bangalore - Mumbai highway. Binny, Karthic, his wife, Shaiju and myself were the intrepid travellers on this trip.

Hey I know shaiju , darn the world is definitely small . Whats he up-to these days, last we spoke he said he used to work from some construction company. We used to go to the same church for quite a few years.
Old 13th May 2010, 20:24   #839
Senior - BHPian

Except travelogue, everything else is going on in this thread; @Smartcat, you told there're several road trips & I don't see anything coming up; was that a list of road trips you did or intend to do?
Old 13th May 2010, 20:52   #840
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Hey I know Shaiju, darn the world is definitely small . Whats he up-to these days, last we spoke he said he used to work from some construction company. We used to go to the same church for quite a few years.
hehe! Small world allright! Shaiju is still working with "Total Environment". He is married now and also has a couple of kids. Send me a PM if you want his phone number.

P.S. I'm not sure about the kids part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Except travelogue, everything else is going on in this thread; @Smartcat, you told there're several road trips & I don't see anything coming up; was that a list of road trips you did or intend to do?
"Roadtrips that I intend to do" list is atleast 3 pages long

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks