Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 14:20   #796
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
We'll invite aargee too with the bait of a luxury road trip. And then, we'll make him climb the Kumaraparvatha!
Sounds good. Can we also take Khoj there, leave him in the mantapa and come back?
Old 6th May 2010, 18:38   #797
BHPian

Smartcat waiting eagrly for the road trip , frankly speaking got bored of trek's.
Old 7th May 2010, 10:21   #798

After 6 hours of continuous reading the entire post from start to finish and 4 days wait of seeking mods approval for membership.. Just two words for smartcat.. Simply Superb
Old 7th May 2010, 10:56   #799
BHPian

Welcome board chin2_2much, and for a starter you are on the right thread.
Old 7th May 2010, 11:04   #800
BHPian

Fantastic log smartcat. Have been following the thread silently.

The kumaraparvatha trek is the toughest in Karnataka. Did it a few years back from Somwarpet side while ascending and descending towards Kukke subramanya. We did camp on top at night, without tents and sleeping bags.
Old 7th May 2010, 11:20   #801
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Smartcat waiting eagrly for the road trip, frankly speaking got bored of trek's.
So far, we have 2 votes against trekking pics and 4 votes for trekking pics. Since we are in a parliamentary form of democracy, I need to bow to the wishes of trekking pics supporters who have got 2/3rds majority.

One more vote can change everything though.

Anyway, I am taking a small break from posting travelogue pics - normal service will resume within a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chin2_2much View Post
After 6 hours of continuous reading the entire post from start to finish and 4 days wait of seeking mods approval for membership.. Just two words for smartcat.. Simply Superb
Thanks man, but why are you standing infront a "Saavdhaaan" board? I think whoever put that board there wants you to move quickly from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
The kumaraparvatha trek is the toughest in Karnataka. Did it a few years back from Somwarpet side while ascending and descending towards Kukke subramanya. We did camp on top at night, without tents and sleeping bags.
Yes, our original plan was to get to Kumaraparvatha and get down from the Somwarpet side - that's why we didn't take the car.

Any pics?
Old 7th May 2010, 11:29   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So far, we have 2 votes against trekking pics and 4 votes for trekking pics. Since we are in a parliamentary form of democracy, I need to bow to the wishes of trekking pics supporters who have got 2/3rds majority.

One more vote can change everything though.

Anyway, I am taking a small break from posting travelogue pics - normal service will resume within a week.

Yes, our original plan was to get to Kumaraparvatha and get down from the Somwarpet side - that's why we didn't take the car.

Any pics?
One more vote here for a trek

I've got a few pics of KP. Let me see if I can find them today.
Old 7th May 2010, 11:57   #803
BHPian

Quote:

Any pics?
Unfortunately nobody had carried digital cameras at that time. After this trek, everyone swore never to trek KP again, but now I feel like doing it again.

On top of KP, there was airtel signal.Everyone called home after reaching there.
We guys had actually carried proper food and abundant water, there was another group of guys, who had neither, we shared food and water with them.
The wind was so strong at night, that the campfire did not last too long. . I still dread the cold night we spent on top of Kumaraparvatha. Next time, we will be fully prepared.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:54   #804

SmartCat: Thanks man, but why are you standing infront a "Saavdhaaan" board? I think whoever put that board there wants you to move quickly from there.

Bingo my friend.. but driving daily a distance of 40 Kms in a city like Delhi has somewhat given rise to my alter personality of a daredevil.

Nevertheless, the board was there to avoid the following (btw that shot is the final product of a 4X Optical Zoom and 6X of Digital Zoom) and yes 1 more vote for Treks...
Attached Thumbnails
100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-untitled.jpg  

Old 7th May 2010, 13:26   #805
BHPian

If you want a hard trek in karnataka, KP it is.. i have done KP 6 times most of them during mansoons and dec.. 4time s from Kukke side and 3 times from somwarpet. Its a lovely place. planning to go there this year some time in June.
Old 7th May 2010, 13:56   #806
BHPian

wow, well written and the raw sense of humor was a perfect blend. It took me 4 days to complete this but the time and effort was worthwhile, your one liners were real stress busters. Inspires me to write a travelogue of the numerous treks, trps, camps, safaris et etc with friends. Cheers buddy and wish you more wonderful journeys in life!
Old 7th May 2010, 16:01   #807
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I've got a few pics of KP. Let me see if I can find them today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Unfortunately nobody had carried digital cameras at that time. After this trek, everyone swore never to trek KP again, but now I feel like doing it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
If you want a hard trek in karnataka, KP it is.. i have done KP 6 times most of them during mansoons and dec.. 4time s from Kukke side and 3 times from somwarpet. Its a lovely place. planning to go there this year some time in June.
KP, KP Everywhere, But Not a Single Photo to See.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chin2_2much View Post
Bingo my friend.. but driving daily a distance of 40 Kms in a city like Delhi has somewhat given rise to my alter personality of a daredevil.
When we were in Delhi during our HP trip, we noticed that almost all the cars in the city have a dent, ding or a long scratch. We were discussing this in a Delhi mall overlooking the open parking lot - at the same instant, we saw a Honda Accord scraping a Maruti Swift while pulling out of the parking lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babupaul View Post
Inspires me to write a travelogue of the numerous treks, trps, camps, safaris et etc with friends.
Well, what are you waiting for? Make a start right away.
Old 11th May 2010, 02:10   #808
BANNED

What? The party is over?
Old 11th May 2010, 11:38   #809
Team-BHP Support

Taking a small break now.

I just checked my "Travel" folder, and it looks like I haven't posted about our trips to these places yet -

ROAD TRIPS:

Balmuri Falls
Chunchi Falls & Sangama
Devarayana Durga
Road Trip to Goa
Hiriyur Dam
Horsley Hills (Andhra Pradesh)
Igloor Falls & Sangam
Kumarakom & Vembanad Lake (Kerala)
Madikeri
Mangalore to Bangalore in "Palio Sports" in the monsoons
Mantralaya (Andhra Pradesh)
Solo road trip to Mumbai & back via Goa
Muttati Falls
Ooty 2004 Trip (Tamil Nadu)
Pondichery (Tamil Nadu)
Yelagiri (Tamil Nadu)
Yercaud (Tamil Nadu)
Innovative Film City

TREKS:

Kemmanagundi Trek
Narasimha Paravatha Trek
Yana Trek (also a road trip)

OTHERS:

Malaysia
Bike Trip to Goa
Ajantha Ellora Nasik (Maharashtra)
Old 11th May 2010, 11:50   #810
Senior - BHPian

@Smartcat - buddy you better start posting in the order you've listed. Hence, lets start first with the huge tasks - The Road Trips . Waiting eagerly & hence do not disappoint me.

Last edited by aargee : 11th May 2010 at 11:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks