Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 10:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Very surprising. 42K for service on a 2800 km trip in a Honda City? Unbelievable. There must be some other issues as well. I would be very interested in the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
safari is a nice car to do extreme long drives, My friend went to mumbai via jaipur in his Honda City ZX, and got a bill of Rs. 42k in servicing..lol..(psst: and I was planning to do same in my zen), thank god he went before me and that was an eye opener for me..

will you add some more pics or were you busy in meeting after that all the time ??
Old 20th March 2010, 11:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai - Delhi via GQ is a real treat to drive and amazing roads all the way. I am sure you must have thoroughly enjoyed the GQ leg to and fro.

Only that the traffic near ankleshwar bridge is a real pain sometimes.

I took the same route to and fro in Dec09.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...e-gulmarg.html has all the details of my adventure on this route.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 20th March 2010 at 11:15. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 20th March 2010, 17:43   #18
BHPian

@ pravdr & gd1418..

3 of my friends visited Delhi -Jaipur - Mumbai - Goa - Mumbai - Jaipur - Delhi
Yes there were many issues as they drove wildly and madly all the way, so the damages made are as follows:

1 tire was burst, 3 rims were damaged (2 were badly damaged), crack in left headlight (due to an impact made on the highway @ a bump), front bumper & fog light was broken (so he had to get a new pair of fogs), brake shoe, brake pads changed, engine oil, gear oil & air filter change, a new car battery (which was due) and they messed up around in the car, so interior had to get dry cleaned..

they made a trip of 20 days..
the car was given to Honda's authorized service station..
Old 20th March 2010, 21:22   #19
BHPian

2800 kms on the GQ in even the most basic car of today is no big deal. Good that you clarified, else Honda owners would have had their hearts in mouth
Old 21st March 2010, 00:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ pravdr & gd1418..

Yes there were many issues as they drove wildly and madly all the way, so the damages made are as follows:

1 tire was burst, 3 rims were damaged (2 were badly damaged), crack in left headlight (due to an impact made on the highway @ a bump), front bumper & fog light was broken (so he had to get a new pair of fogs), brake shoe, brake pads changed, engine oil, gear oil & air filter change, a new car battery (which was due) and they messed up around in the car, so interior had to get dry cleaned..

I did 5000 kms in 11 days in my spark Delhi - karnataka - Delhi with only brake shoes changed with regular service before the trip - Expenses Rs 2K.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...lhi-spark.html

They sure must have had a wild time ( maybe unfortunate ). As someone said here , all the basic cars can do this stretch.

V & V - Nice pics and TL
Old 21st March 2010, 10:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

That explains. Honda is supposed to be one of the least maintainance cars. The figure of 42K alarmed, since the roads all the way on this sector are excellant.

What caused a tyre burst & the rim damages? It seems your friends OTRed in the ZX.

The "messup around in the car" sounds very interesting... You can PM me the details...if it can not be mentioned here....

Quote:
@ pravdr & gd1418..

Old 21st March 2010, 14:26   #22
BHPian

ha ha..yeah, will sure PM you, they were driving crazy and more than 15 times (as the owner of the car told me), car was going on 120/130 + and a bump...that made the bumper, suspension and rims give up..
Old 21st March 2010, 19:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
ha ha..yeah, will sure PM you, they were driving crazy and more than 15 times (as the owner of the car told me), car was going on 120/130 + and a bump...that made the bumper, suspension and rims give up..
It must have been a deep ditch then a mere bump...
Old 21st March 2010, 21:09   #24
BHPian

@kaushik ji: yeah, but i am sure that those Bumps were better than those 3 BUMPS who were driving..
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

v&v; lucky you. Been dreaming of a inter state drive atleast :( Hope this happens sometime this year atleast!

Could you post better pix of that phone holder please.
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:34   #26
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
v&v; lucky you. Been dreaming of a inter state drive atleast :( Hope this happens sometime this year atleast!

Could you post better pix of that phone holder please.
JK these are impulsive decision. Planning it never happens. The mobile holder is standard one. I will take the pic and post it or let me see if i have a clear pic in the lot.

v&v
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:43   #27
v&v
Senior - BHPian

My official work was over by Friday evening. We had two option, either stay at Mumbai another day or start the return journey on Saturday morning. Yet another impulsive decision , why to visit Mount Abu while return as its a weekend

Will write details shortly.

Last edited by v&v : 23rd March 2010 at 07:44.
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:47   #28
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
I think the first two (Kapashera and Manesar) toll amounts should be 18/- and 23/- respectively.
akp you are correct. Actually i was using Tag, missed to log the correcct amount of these two tolls.

v&v

Last edited by v&v : 23rd March 2010 at 07:49.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:23   #29
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai - Mount Abu - Day 4 20th March

Day - 4

Route taken :
Mumbai - Vapi - Surat - Vadodara - Ahmedabad - Himmatnagar - Idar - Khedbhrama - Ambaji - Abu Road - Taleti - Mount Abu

Started early morning 5 am from mumbai. Even at 5 am , western express highway had good traffic. Faced a mini jam at Dahisar. Mumbai - Surat has very high density of trucks, cruising was very difficult. it took good 6 hrs to cross the Narmada river near Baruch which we crossed at 11 am.

There is a drive in Mcdonnel after Vapi, it OPENS ONLY AFTER 9 AM.

We had our breakfast break at Vimano restaurent ater Bhawada Toll.
After Baruch traffic eased up and again we were able to cruise at 100+ kmph.

Lunch break just before Himmat nagar, then took the Ambaji road for Mount Abu. its around 180 kms from Himmatnagar. Road are 2 lane with decent traffic.

Reached Ambaji by 5 Pm (12 hrs drive with 2 breaks of 30 mins each). Now headed to Abu road which is 27 kms from Ambaji, this road meets NH-14. Took a shortcut throught Taleti Village and reached Moutabu 6.30 Pm.

Total distance travelled : 756 kms - Time Taken : 13.5 Hours.
Will post the log later.

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-235.jpg

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-241.jpg

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-261.jpg

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-263.jpg

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-264.jpg

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-274.jpg

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-277.jpg

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-278.jpg

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-279.jpg

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-283.jpg

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-301.jpg

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-320.jpg

Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi - Official cum Family long  drive trip - Safari 2.2  VTT-l13m10-321.jpg
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:30   #30
BHPian

Will it be comfortable to do delhi-mumbai-delhi in indica vista quadrajet. I will be doing it with my wife and two kids.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks