Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 10:18   #16
BHPian

Excellent !!

Lalu - Great snaps... Hope you had an excellent trip and you really enjoyed it. Can you give the details of your stay? (resort?)
Old 10th April 2010, 10:35   #17
BHPian

very nice snaps, i never knew about this place till now. y dont u share us your complete travellogue :-) i am dying to plan one for myself
Old 10th April 2010, 10:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Lalu - Great snaps... Hope you had an excellent trip and you really enjoyed it. Can you give the details of your stay? (resort?)
Thanks Vivek. The trip was very refreshing.

Resort - Ciscilia Heritage - Welcome to Ayurvedic Resort
Food is typical kerala dishes. Average taste for a keralite
Mr. Joe Mon who owns this 100 acre estate is a very nice person to interact with. Do convey my regards to him if at all you happen to go there. He does not give his cottages to bachelors. Also it is around 7 Km away from the centre, and some bad roads - if you are having a low slung car - some skills are required to get it with out scrapping. All cars I saw was hatch backs and SUVs.

ITL resorts is there bang at the centre. Usually booked by weekend. Good parking area as seen. Don't know the facilities. On speaking to the owner on phone, he was very courteus and helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
very nice snaps, i never knew about this place till now. y dont u share us your complete travellogue :-) i am dying to plan one for myself
Thanks Santhosh. This place is often visited as a weekend trip by the Coimbatore and Palghat guys.

I want to, but since we started some discussions I thought we'd close that and continue further. It is coming up asap.
Old 10th April 2010, 11:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi Laluks,

Photographic trailer is amazing. i am all tuned in, Even if I will be travelling out tonight, i will try to log in everyday late evening to get a dose of your narration and pictures.

for others:

Please have some patience, Lalu has said it is just the overview of the trip in terms of pictures. he will post the travelogue soon.

If i know him correctly he is sorting his photographs, re-looking at milage logs, preparing the naration for each post, Deciding which pictures to upload and which to keep personal, copy righting the images etc etc.

Tuck yourself into the seats, grab your drink and popcorn, recline your seatback, relax and wait...

Last edited by StarVegabond : 10th April 2010 at 11:07.
Old 10th April 2010, 11:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Laluks,

Photographic trailer is amazing. i am all tuned in, Even if I will be travelling out tonight, i will try to log in everyday late evening to get a dose of your narration and pictures.

for others:

Please have some patience, Lalu has said it is just the overview of the trip in terms of pictures. he will post the travelogue soon.

If i know him correctly he is sorting his photographs, re-looking at milage logs, preparing the naration for each post, Deciding which pictures to upload and which to keep personal, copy righting the images etc etc.

Tuck yourself into the seats, grab your drink and popcorn, recline your seatback, relax and wait...

Thanks Star.
Perfectly explained
Old 10th April 2010, 11:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi laluks,
Amazing photo for the start. Wonderful details about the fireflies too.
Waiting for the full travelogue. Probably this is the first travelogue after your Ladakh visit or did I miss anything ?
Old 10th April 2010, 13:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi laluks,
Amazing photo for the start. Wonderful details about the fireflies too.
Waiting for the full travelogue. Probably this is the first travelogue after your Ladakh visit or did I miss anything ?
Thanks FM.

You missed only these

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...fted-ooty.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...mmangundi.html

This log was finished later
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ties-love.html

A recent trip details added to this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ted-coorg.html
Old 12th April 2010, 12:55   #23
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Amazing stuff you got there Laluks. The firefly photos made me go back in past again. Good ones.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Amazing stuff you got there Laluks. The firefly photos made me go back in past again. Good ones.
Thanks MX6.

I am not getting much time to start with the travelogue, will do so slowly. Please bear with me
Old 12th April 2010, 13:25   #25
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Thanks MX6.

I am not getting much time to start with the travelogue, will do so slowly. Please bear with me
I understand Laluks. I'm not finding time to complete three of my travelogues. Khoj is behind me full time for that.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I understand Laluks. I'm not finding time to complete three of my travelogues. Khoj is behind me full time for that.
Infact Khoj only gave that much needed push for me to get out
Old 12th April 2010, 13:33   #27
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Infact Khoj only gave that much needed push for me to get out
KHOJ. When are you going on a trip? We'll start bugging you as well.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I missed a lot . But I recall reading your Vrindavan-mathura-agra and Ooty travelogues. Will refresh and go through the threads once again.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

The Trip

The trip was a 4 day trip from 02.04.2010 till 05.04.2010.

The route.

Onwards.
Bangalore - Hosur - Salem - Coimbatore - Pollachi - Top Slip - Udumalpettu - Amaravathy - Udumalpettu - Pollachi - Valparai - Sholayar - Vazhachaal - Athirampally - Chalakudi - Nemmara - Nelliyampathy (A long 833Km)

Return
Nelliyampathy - Nemmara - Palghat - Coimbatore - Salem - Hosur - Bangalore (485 KM)

No. of days: 4
Total Kilometers: 1395 KM.
Fuel Efficiency : 12.76 Kmpl
Stay : Ciscilia Heritage.

There are only a few resorts at Nelliyampathy. ITL is the one at the centre and often preferred, since its easily accessible and enough parking place. Ciscilia is atleast 7 Km away and around 2Km of real bad muddy roads. But a nice location. There are a few more, but did not get into the details.
Old 12th April 2010, 18:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Day 1, April 2nd 2010

Bangalore - Hosur - Salem - Coimbatore - Pollachi - Top Slip - Udumalpettu - Amaravathy - Udumalpettu - Pollachi - Valparai - Sholayar - Vazhachaal - Athirampally - Chalakudi - Nemmara - Nelliyampathy (A long 833Km)

Bangalore - Hosur - Salem - Coimbatore - Pollachi (415 Km)

We started as usual - an early start from Bangalore - at 02:30AM. The good roads till Salem can be covered fast and also to about 70 Km before Coimbatore. Once the two lane road starts you'll slow down a bit. Also the traffic to Coimbatore adds to it till you hit the L&T byepass. We passed Salem by 05:30AM. We reached Pollachi at 08:30AM as planned. Pollachi is 415Km and a decent 6 hours away from Bangalore.

The reason why we do the early morning starts is just to pass the thankless stretches in the night and to be at the destination by daybreak to maximise the time we have for the day. Thus by starting early, we saved the time for this stretch which otherwise would have been easily 8+ hours due to traffic, breakfast and lunch stops if done during the day.

And thus we started our trip from Pollachi at 08:30AM, after filling up a full tank. Till here Swift gave a mileage of 13.18Kmpl.

Time --- KM ----- Place
02:30 -- 000.0 -- Home
03:50 -- 094.7 -- Krishnagiri Toll gate
04:35 -- 160.9 -- Toll Gate
05:10 -- 198.8 -- Toll Gate
05:25 -- 212.0 -- Salem
06:30 -- 299.7 -- Toll Gate
07:30 -- 355.0 -- L&T BP start
07:40 -- 375.8 -- Left turn to Pollachi
08:30 -- 415.2 -- Pollachi

continued.

Most Viewed