Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 20:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
OT - But tell me something, why this thread is titled "SriSha's D'Log" instead of Srikanth's & what does that D stands for?
I think it would stand for "Drive" log.

Great pics and narration Srikanth
Old 13th May 2010, 20:48   #17
BHPian

nice log sri..the pics remind me of our trip to munnar.

BTW, We stayed at Olivebrooks homestay and thoroughly enjoyed the stay and the food. But where is this Shamrock that you have mentioned as the other property of Olivebrooks ?

Pic of Olivebrook
Attached Thumbnails
SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-ob.jpg  

Last edited by s3va : 13th May 2010 at 20:51.
Old 14th May 2010, 18:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Amazing room with an amazing view! With such a view, my wife and I would forget about dinner!
Absolutely, I wasn't the one worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Srikanth, the photo of the clouds and the waterfall is just mesmerizing. I think i will be planning for a trip to Munnar by first week of next month. Will check out Shamrock for sure.
Great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
"A Room with a View" Does that ring a bell?

Nice place. Also NH45 looks very clean, nice and very bright. I have driven on the NH45 for just a mere 13Km; from Tindivanam to Mailam.

But somehow I felt it looked much better than NH7. Not that I am comparing, but I guess the fresh tar looks very inviting!
Having driven both recently, for me both are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Another Munnar TL, with those mesmerizing scenes! How do I hold till we got to be there! Thanks Sre for sharing. @ ElantraGT, if everything goes as per plan, we hope to be in Munnar during June 10-11, may be we can even cross somewhere. Will PM you when our plan finally freezes.
Great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Great pics, Sri. A trip to Munnar is long due for us too!
Thank you! nothing when i will see your pics of Munnar

Quote:
@Srikanth - the views & the hues are amazing. Pics 135, 129, 128 are simply beautiful. Is Pothmedu on the way to Devikulam or Mattupetti side?

When you come from Devikulam side, you need to take right for Mattupetty and straight and cross bridge - right for Rajamala and straight towards Pothmedu (this road goes to Cochin as well), after 2 kms, there will be a single lane bridge, you need to cross this and take right.

OT - But tell me something, why this thread is titled "SriSha's D'Log" instead of Srikanth's & what does that D stands for?
First three letters of my name and my wifey name comes to SriSha, D is just added to create a title as Sam said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I think it would stand for "Drive" log.

Great pics and narration Srikanth
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
nice log sri..the pics remind me of our trip to munnar.

BTW, We stayed at Olivebrooks homestay and thoroughly enjoyed the stay and the food. But where is this Shamrock that you have mentioned as the other property of Olivebrooks ?

Actually this is en route to Olive Brook from Pothmedu side.

Pic of Olivebrook
Old 14th May 2010, 18:59   #19
BHPian

nice pics Srikanth. The view from the view with dark clouds and towering peaks is amazing!!
Old 14th May 2010, 19:00   #20
BHPian

next day we have a great breakfast, especially the fresh fruit juice he makes is superb we get ready and start towards Mattupetty. I add some fuel at the BP bunk on-way and start the ascent, we enjoy the whole scenery around us and cross the Mattupetty dam. We cross 2 kms after dam and then....
Attached Thumbnails
SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020153.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020174.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020175.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020180.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5010083.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020185.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020188.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020191.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020193.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020196.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020213.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020220.jpg  

Old 14th May 2010, 20:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

and then what??? C'mon Srikanth, don't leave things in suspense. So I assume that you stayed towards Devikulam right?
Old 15th May 2010, 14:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
and then what??? C'mon Srikanth, don't leave things in suspense. So I assume that you stayed towards Devikulam right?
I am posting now aargee
Old 15th May 2010, 14:30   #23
BHPian

as you can see from last pic some traffic infront of us. This traffic is the Sunday Munnar traffic, the queue of vehicles was for the next 5 kms + and the last 5 kms was same scenario

One car which came down, he was kind enough to roll down his window and let us know that the traffic will take a long time to clear and we lost hopes for the day. Instead of waiting in car for 3-4 hrs, we thought its better to relax at room.

So - U-Turn and we came back down and headed towards finding a nice place for lunch. We went to Guru's hotel a small and typical local place - very very nice Kerala food - fish curry and fry were awesome.

After food we returned to room and for the remainder of the day we just spent resting , India's ICC match kept us busy for the evening.

Some issue in uploading photos, will do it later.
Old 17th May 2010, 17:33   #24
BHPian

finally could post some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020227.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020232.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5020239.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030240.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030245.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030250.jpg  

Old 17th May 2010, 18:03   #25
BHPian

Hey Sri, I loving the place and your photographs of Munnar.

Oh Man that traffic is bad, Were you guys planning to go side seeing ?

I have planned to visit Munnar on June ... can't wait to be there ....

Last edited by ranjith.rajaram : 17th May 2010 at 18:04. Reason: add info
Old 17th May 2010, 18:29   #26
BHPian

Next day we get up early and start off towards Top Station, en-route we find out that Boating starts only at 10:00 AM, we were there by 8:30 AM, the gatekeeper told us you can come back in return. So we proceed towards Top station not knowing what lies ahead. We enjoy the route and road alot and make it to the top only then I find a Board that some Wildlife Sanctuary starts from here and 50 m ahead there is no road :( The last 2 KMS is completely mud and due to previous day rain and all the traffic road has turned pathetic to drive with deep muddy slush. The road was small in width and we were seeing depths so deep that I was thinking what will happen if another vehicle comes in front.

Luckily nothing came in front of us, hence we reach the parking spot safely. We walk down and see some beautiful valley & enjoy the views. After spending a good 45 mins+ we turn back. While heading back we see that vehicles have started to come and the scary 2km stretch is there for us, mud is so deep sometimes vehicles are skidding a lot onto others.

We line up behind a Scorpio & a jeep and start to move in slush, a mini bus comes in front and doesnt want to go back, he has a fleet behind as well, the situation was we were not in a position to move back, so finally a gentleman spoke to the fleet infront and made them go back so that we all can pass.

Once the stretch is done, it was all smooth butter, no worries. We came back to boating place, hear that all tickets are sold till noon, 2 hrs left, no way we can wait there. Hence had some tea and heard this story from the tea shop owner -
" yesterday was very heavy crowds, however a sad incident happened on way to topstation, some drunkards have thrown beer bottles at a resting elephant. Elephant went angry and destroyed 30 vehicles which are all lined up in queue and died due to injuries" I could not digest this for next 1 hr and was cursing that instead of elephant those drunkards deserved to die.

Finally wifey decides to enter the flower garden, thats when my mood changes. Some pics -
Old 17th May 2010, 18:38   #27
BHPian

some pics here, rest tomorrow -
Attached Thumbnails
SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030259.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030264.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030265.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030281.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030283.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030284.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030291.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030295.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030296.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030303.jpg  

SriSha's D'Log - Trip to Munnar & Thekkady-p5030305.jpg  

Old 17th May 2010, 18:54   #28
Team-BHP Support

Amazing snaps. The customary snap of the line of trees is very nice. One never gets tired of them.
Sunday traffic PLUS summer vacation will add up to the crowd.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Curious to know why you did not take NH45 all the way to Dindigul and take the shorter route via Periakulam to Theni? Is it because of the road being a mess between Trichy and Dindigul?

Quote:
So we proceed towards Top station not knowing what lies ahead. We enjoy the route and road alot and make it to the top only then I find a Board that some Wildlife Sanctuary starts from here and 50 m ahead there is no road :( The last 2 KMS is completely mud and due to previous day rain and all the traffic road has turned pathetic to drive with deep muddy slush. The road was small in width and we were seeing depths so deep that I was thinking what will happen if another vehicle comes in front.
The bad patch is because Top Station is in TN and the good road ends right on the KL border, the 2 kms of TN roads is always in such a bad shape.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:35   #30
BHPian

[quote=hvkumar;1890670]Curious to know why you did not take NH45 all the way to Dindigul and take the shorter route via Periakulam to Theni? Is it because of the road being a mess between Trichy and Dindigul?

Yes sir, due to the mess between Trichy and Dindigul, i took the Madurai route and am very glad I did, the route I took was all the way delightful to drive. I am sure smooth roads and the amount of time we save justify the extra distance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks