Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni

A Friendship - from a Virtual world to the Real world.

I had met Starvegabond on TBHP Forum. I found his views very much positive, unbiased. Over the course of time became an avid fan of his admirable logs. Similar interests like travelling, driving, photography and writing made us friends.

This Friendship Day both our families joined together for a great weekend at Tranquebar. It was decided just like that, to drive, to take some photographs, to have a great weekend.

Tranquebar here we come!

The Honda siblings Civic and the City too had its share of fun. Watch this space!
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I had met Starvegabond on TBHP Forum. I found his views very much positive, unbiased. Over the course of time became an avid fan of his admirable logs.
Very true about star's views but i have not seen his actual view[ his photo] despite reading his logues.

Many of bhpians are eager to meet star, may be our wish fulfilled during kaas drive next month.
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:57   #3
BHPian

well, well; this should be a double treat with brilliant photography and writing;

March on..
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Lalu

You are indeed quick, yes, last 2 days were fun, indeed good drive overall.

Quote:
A Friendship - from a Virtual world to the Real world.

I had met Starvegabond on TBHP Forum. I found his views very much positive, unbiased. Over the course of time became an avid fan of his admirable logs. Similar interests like travelling, driving, photography and writing made us friends.
Feelings are mutual. I am happy that Virtual has become Real.

Quote:
This Friendship Day both our families joined together for a great weekend at Tranquebar. It was decided just like that, to drive, to take some photographs, to have a great weekend.

In fact i was not aware that yesterday was a Friendship Day. I learnt about it once my wife started receiving SMSs wishing her, Few of my friends woke up bit later, i also received few, I also sent few. SMS has simplified the Greeting Cards Industry and probably made it low cost as well.

I am sharing here one of the SMS greetings received by me.

Quote:

Thanks to those who hated me, They made me a stronger person
Thanks to those who loved me, They made my heart bigger
Thanks to those who were worried about me, They let me know that they actually cared
Thanks to those who left me, They made me realize that nothing lasts forever
Thanks to those who entered my life, they made me who i am today

Just want to thank you my friend, for being there in my life..
Friends make our growing years, what they are. I had my share of friends during my growing years, but never had a consistent one from childhood, as the frequent movement due to father's job transfers made sure that i had new friends once every couple of years. Not having the luxury of social networking sites those days ensured that the friends were lost for time being...till we rediscover some where..some place.

First sunday of the month of Aug, is being celebrated as Friendship day in larger part of the world, now i think this occation is also becoming popular in India like Valentine Day etc. Good for Mobile Servcie Providers, Resturants, Gift Article makers, and ofcourse for friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Very true about star's views but i have not seen his actual view[ his photo] despite reading his logues.

Many of bhpians are eager to meet star, may be our wish fulfilled during kaas drive next month.
Ashishbhau, Once again, feeling here is mutal, i also want to meet you guys, Insha allah... our wish may come true. I want to come to Kaas, i am trying to ensure that i am free on those days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
well, well; this should be a double treat with brilliant photography and writing;

March on..
Lalu would lead, i will contribute with my views as necessary along with some pictures.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 2nd August 2010 at 13:30.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:20   #5
v&v
Senior - BHPian

I am hooked to your log. Looking forward to some good photos.

"Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. False friends are like leaves, found everywhere."

Its difficult to find true friends with common interest.
v&v
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Lalu, not fair. not at all fair.

I meant the absence of teaser pics

Quote:
Lalu would lead, i will contribute with my views as necessary along with some pictures
See, you blocked star from putting some nice pics and me from putting "nice pics, keep them coming". Hehehe.

EDIT: I got many SMS yesterday, and the best I liked was from our ramky. Thanks Ramky.

Quote:
My life means a lot to me. Not because I love my life, because I love people in my life. World calls them friends and I call them my world. Happy Friendship Day.

Last edited by mjothi : 2nd August 2010 at 13:43.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Had a chat with StarVegabond last Tuesday. Finalised on Tranquebar. Had a list of nearby places in hand to chose with the availability of time. We had to drop a few on the go, and finally the drive shaped out to be -

Bangalore - Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni - Bangalore

A total of 1100KMs and 48 hours.
Days 2, 31.07.2010 Saturday and 01.08.2010 Sunday

The recent travelogues on Tranquebar and Mahabalipuram are quite informative and almost all historical data you could collect is available there.

A few Links on Tranquebar
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ted-beach.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-getaway.html

A few links on Mahabalipuram
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ndicherry.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ndicherry.html
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:00   #8
BHPian

Wow,

Hooked on to this TL. Would love a few teaser pics.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:02   #9
MX6
Senior - BHPian

This log is going to make me cry I guess. On frienship day (I didn't know that), I was watching forrest gump. The way Gump and Bubba's friendship was shown was very nice. Left some tears.
This log is going to make me cry I guess.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
but i have not seen his actual view[ his photo] despite reading his logues.
All DSLRs, P&S has a problem when you try to photograph a STAR. So I have to admit our inability in this regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
"Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. False friends are like leaves, found everywhere."

Its difficult to find true friends with common interest.
v&v
Very true V&V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
i will contribute with my views as necessary along with some pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
See, you blocked star from putting some nice pics and me from putting "nice pics, keep them coming". Hehehe.

To spill the beans, this drive happened as a side effect of StarVegabond acquiring a DSLR

Quote:
Lalu, not fair. not at all fair.

I meant the absence of teaser pics
So now you really know why I did not put a teaser picture. It has to come from Star.

Quote:
EDIT: I got many SMS yesterday, and the best I liked was from our ramky. Thanks Ramky.
Yes! Ramky - Thanks a lot.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All DSLRs, P&S has a problem when you try to photograph a STAR. So I have to admit our inability in this regard
Khallas, aage kuchh hopes hi nahi hai!!!

May be during kaas drive!!!
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So now you really know why I did not put a teaser picture. It has to come from Star.

Here you go..

Sunrise on 31st July
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-sun-rise-31st-jyly-2010.jpg

Somewhere in Tamilnadu
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-somewhere-tamilnadu.jpg

Something very interesting inside this box..but un-known
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-some-thing-very-interesting-but-unknown.jpg

Civic the Leader...City the follower
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-civic-leader-city-follower.jpg

My friend from mumbai (who happended to be in Bangalore over the weekend) also joined this trip. He seems to have developed a liking for Civic as a car. He has shot over hundreds road photos with Lalu's Civic in them. i won't be posting them here. So current standing road photograph upload records on T-BHP stands as it is.

Honda siblings taking a break onthe way
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-honda-siblings-taking-break.jpg

A Home..under the beautiful sky, on a fertile soil, filled with togetherness.
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-home.jpg

more to come in the evening..

Last edited by StarVegabond : 2nd August 2010 at 14:41.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Something very interesting inside this box..but un-known
Attachment 397768
And this should be the Radham of the temple. Where is this?
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:50   #14
BHPian

I guess the third pic is in Kanchipuram on the way out of the town.
In the last pic, how I wish those wires not there.

@Lalu: thanks for linking my log. hope it was helpful in planning.
Looks like quite a bit of drive - would have loved to join - but I have to wait for my kiddo to grow up a little before we take such an arudous journey.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:56   #15
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Yes. That's the ratha or theru or the temple chariot/ car. That road is called theradi veedhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks