Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 09:34   #1486
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
You can comfortably and safely mount 195 section tyres on your current 5.5j wheels. No problem whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
I went through the forum and sought advice on tyre upgrade for my zdi. 195/60 on stock alloys is the most commonly and best recommended upgrade for the swift.

I have been running yoko a - drives 195/60 since day 1 and have now 1400 kms down. never felt any problem. i guess you can safely go for this upsize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello Beast

I upgraded by swift Zdi tyres on day 1 to 195 60 R15 profile and there are no issue till now . .
Thank you guys, I'm planning to trade my stock MRF ZVTV tyres for XLOs. Any idea how much would be the exchange price for these 5000 kms, 4 month old tyres and approx current price for XLOs in Delhi.
BTW I was wondering why ZVTV are not listed on MRFs official site, do they manufacture it exclusively for Maruti ?
Old 9th May 2012, 09:39   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within

Thank you guys, I'm planning to trade my stock MRF ZVTV tyres for XLOs. Any idea how much would be the exchange price for these 5000 kms, 4 month old tyres and approx current price for XLOs in Delhi.
BTW I was wondering why ZVTV are not listed on MRFs official site, do they manufacture it exclusively for Maruti ?
Well 185 65 R15 are solely made for swift, thats its not listed. Many tyre manufacturers dont make these odd size tyre.
Old 9th May 2012, 13:17   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within
dont think this is exclusively for Maruti. I have seen zvtv on the fluidic verna in my complex. It could be that these are only for oem tyres.
Old 9th May 2012, 14:04   #1489
BHPian

After reading through the thread, I feel that 185/70 R14 is a safe upgrade for 4 year old VDi. Is this a right assumption? My driving is 50% highway and city each.
I ran 62K kms with the stock, and now time to change the tyres, as they are completely out of life. 2 of them are unusable, and needs immediate replacement.

Now I am confused between Yokohoma, Michelin, Apollo Accelere and other options. Any suggestions are welcome.
I am looking for a smoother ride, and longer tyre life.
Running on oem rims, no alloys.

thanks in advance.
Old 9th May 2012, 15:19   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
After reading through the thread, I feel that 185/70 R14 is a safe upgrade for 4 year old VDi. Is this a right assumption? My driving is 50% highway and city each.
I ran 62K kms with the stock, and now time to change the tyres, as they are completely out of life. 2 of them are unusable, and needs immediate replacement.

Now I am confused between Yokohoma, Michelin, Apollo Accelere and other options. Any suggestions are welcome.
I am looking for a smoother ride, and longer tyre life.
Running on oem rims, no alloys.

thanks in advance.
You got 62k out of the stock tyres??? That is very good. I ran my VDi for 50k kms in my stock tyres and then replaced it 185/70 R14 Yokohama A Drives. The A drives have run 30k kms till now and look good for maybe about 10-15k kms more. My usage is very varied with frequent highway runs and frequent trips on very bad (read as non-existent roads) apart from city usage. Even I am running on OEM rims.

There is no problem at all if you upgrade to 185/70 R14. In fact the car looks better with these tyres instead of those skinny OEM tyres. Maybe the FE will decrease, but it is very marginal and you may not even notice.
Old 14th May 2012, 17:33   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Guys need your urgent advice> i am getting delivery of my SWIFT on wednesday. i am confused about my tyre upgrade. The stock tyres are 185/65 R15 goodyear Duraplus. How are those tyres in terms of performance?.

I am planning to upgrade it if it is too noisy. As it is the windows are very thin and NVH inside the cabin is not too good.

What are the possible chances of upgrades? should i retain the stock size 185/65 R15? or opt for 195/60 R15?

What make are available in stock size and upscaled one? I would like to take the car straight from delivery to tyreshop and trade the stock tyres. Please advice
Old 14th May 2012, 18:38   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
You got 62k out of the stock tyres??? That is very good. I ran my VDi for 50k kms in my stock tyres and then replaced it 185/70 R14 Yokohama A Drives. The A drives have run 30k kms till now and look good for maybe about 10-15k kms more. My usage is very varied with frequent highway runs and frequent trips on very bad (read as non-existent roads) apart from city usage. Even I am running on OEM rims.

There is no problem at all if you upgrade to 185/70 R14. In fact the car looks better with these tyres instead of those skinny OEM tyres. Maybe the FE will decrease, but it is very marginal and you may not even notice.
I finally got 185/70 R14 Apollo Acelere over the weekend.
I feel the difference, that the car stays on road, and minor pot holes etc are taken with better poise with this width.
Old 15th May 2012, 19:13   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Guys need your urgent advice> i am getting delivery of my SWIFT on wednesday. i am confused about my tyre upgrade. The stock tyres are 185/65 R15 goodyear Duraplus. How are those tyres in terms of performance?.

I am planning to upgrade it if it is too noisy. As it is the windows are very thin and NVH inside the cabin is not too good.

What are the possible chances of upgrades? should i retain the stock size 185/65 R15? or opt for 195/60 R15?

What make are available in stock size and upscaled one? I would like to take the car straight from delivery to tyreshop and trade the stock tyres. Please advice
Your car must be Zdi since it comes with OEM wide tires.
Majority of us complain about tiny tires because we own the V variant and it has 165/80 R14.

I think your tire should already be wide enough to have decent grip. Goodyear duraplus is that 1Lakh km tire as claimed by the company. Expect it to be hard and noisy, but should still be better than say JK or MRF tires.

If you own a diesel and plan to drive it for alot of distance, then keep the duraplus, it should last atleast 60K as compared to Yoko or Michilin which are softer and hence last 40-45K max

If you dont drive much(say 40-50K in 5 years), then you can go for comfort factor because after 5 years your duraplus will not be of much use even if it has juice left for another 20K

I am not a tire expert, so all my comments are based on discussion with the tireshop guy

But if you still want to change, swapping those duraplus immediately should give you best deal and you need to pay only the differential of 1-2K max per tire(rough)
Old 15th May 2012, 20:36   #1494
BHPian

Thanks to all the members and their posts on Team BHP, which helped me decide for my swift vdi abs tyre change. I did discuss with some of my contact persons and relied upon google to make a broader choice, but Team BHP had a big role in clarifying my specific doubts and finalizing my purchase.

Well, I had goodyear 165 80 R14 that came with my car. I had done exactly 50K on them in two years. High time for a change as the goodyears were totally dead. My car generated lots of noise on the road and the drive was very bumpy.

The new tyres: Michelin XM2 185 70 R14. Purchased from a shop at Palika Bhawan market (near R K Puram, New Delhi) for INR 4800 per tyre. Wheel balancing and nitrogen included; no wheel alignment - yes, I need to get it done asap (since I have already driven it 600 odd kms).

I am in love with my car once again!!!
Old 16th May 2012, 11:16   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
But if you still want to change, swapping those duraplus immediately should give you best deal and you need to pay only the differential of 1-2K max per tire(rough)
Thanks. Myself and Geeash are both contemplating change of tyres. While Geeash is getting a Duraplus, I am getting MRF ZV2K on my car scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Being 15 inchers, the best resale value we are getting in Chennai for a Duraplus is 2600 and 2500 for MRFZV2K while 14 inches on L & D models get much better resale value. Yoko A drives are costing around Rs 5000, so Rs 2500 per Haven't got a quote for ZLO yet from a dealer who is willing to trade off our stock.
Old 16th May 2012, 11:40   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Thanks. Myself and Geeash are both contemplating change of tyres. While Geeash is getting a Duraplus, I am getting MRF ZV2K on my car scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Being 15 inchers, the best resale value we are getting in Chennai for a Duraplus is 2600 and 2500 for MRFZV2K while 14 inches on L & D models get much better resale value. Yoko A drives are costing around Rs 5000, so Rs 2500 per Haven't got a quote for ZLO yet from a dealer who is willing to trade off our stock.
And i thought 15 inch will fetch you more during buyback.
Tyre dealers will always have some reasoning. When i tried to push my 165/80 R14 old ones, my dealer quoted that 165/80R14 is only specific to Swift so he cant really give a better deal

A new duraplus of R14 size costs close to 4K, so R15 would be bit more than 4K, its strange that you are getting only 2.6K
Old 16th May 2012, 11:58   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
A new duraplus of R14 size costs close to 4K, so R15 would be bit more than 4K, its strange that you are getting only 2.6K
True but the demand from cars running 185/65/R15 is miniscule wanting stock Duraplus. i.e only new Swift and Dzire ZDI whose volumes and ageing is very low when compared to the ones running R14 (old Swifts L and D versions which are due for tyre replacement). I infer that the customer base for these tyres are taxi and price conscious private customers.
Old 16th May 2012, 12:06   #1498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
True but the demand from cars running 185/65/R15 is miniscule wanting stock Duraplus. i.e only new Swift and Dzire ZDI whose volumes and ageing is very low when compared to the ones running R14 (old Swifts L and D versions which are due for tyre replacement). I infer that the customer base for these tyres are taxi and price conscious private customers.
May be true. See if you can live with the tyre noise because of hard rubber(its a diesel anyway which makes noise unlike super silent petrol) Apart from that the hard rubber will surely run extra mileage (i am sure you bought diesel because your usage will be more)

Both duraplus as well as the zv2k are equally good/bad. but score high on long lasting(thats why they were designed)
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 16:21   #1499
BHPian

Hey Guys... I need some advice here. I have a May '07 VXi running 195/60R15 on OZ Record rims. Of late the ride has become hard. I've also have several silent skids thanks to Mumbai's concrete roads. Now with the rains round the corner, I do not intend taking changes further. I've not had any troubles with my current 195/60R15 Achilles Platinum - no scraping wheel wells even with 5 adults. I want to get 195/65R15 - for comfort obviously. Which is the best set? Also, has anyone experienced any scraping?
Old 17th May 2012, 22:59   #1500
BHPian

HI Folks,
My new Swift Zxi is expected in 15 days. I plan to upgrade the tyres to 195/60 R15 Yokohama C drives.
Please advise.
Also any pointers on how much I will have to pay for them in BLR?
Thanks...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks