Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 03:32   #1291
BHPian

Re: Swift Zxi Michelin Energy XM 1+ - Recommended?

Hi

Correct size for your swift tyre is 185 70 R14 and this size comes in zxi model as standard so there is not a problem . Michelin XM 1 plus are very good tyres . Many bhpians and my friend had used without any issues . Go for it , you will feel the immediate difference while driving .

Quote:
Originally Posted by humm View Post
Hi friends,

Its my first tire upgrade to my swift. I had a look today at a Michelin showroom, they offered me Michelin Energy XM 1+

Is Michelin Energy XM 1+ - size (185/60 R14) recommended?

Incase of an upgrade what size or brand can I go for?

I have been quoted 4650 appox for Michelin Energy XM 1+, is it the right price?

Swift Zxi owners what do you recommend?
Old 9th August 2011, 07:00   #1292
BHPian

hi

michelin is good. i too have a swift and just changed to yokohama a drives which came for about 3800 a tyre, standard size 185/70/14

Michelin is good but expensive in my opinion yokos are good soft and have sufficient grip.Just completed a 500km in a day run and felt adequate grip
Old 9th August 2011, 11:46   #1293
BHPian

Go for it without hesitation...I have been using them on two cars for about 35K kms now without any issues. Good balance between comfort, grip, noise and longevity.

Now if you need performance tyres, then suggest you look into the "tyres" section where lots of choices are available.

Note that 185-70/14 is the correct upgrade.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:52   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Great tires, but beware of tire damage in bad roads.
Price looks 10% high.
I was quoted 4200 recently in Gurgaon for 185/70/14.
Old 9th August 2011, 13:09   #1295
Distinguished - BHPian

In 185/70/R14, Michelin XM1+ is probably the best choice- if on a budget, Yoko A-drives are awesome as well. I have the latter on my Vxi and no regrets.

Last edited by .anshuman : 9th August 2011 at 13:35. Reason: Thread merged here. Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 15:03   #1296
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:

Incase of an upgrade what size or brand can I go for?
Yes, 185/60 is quite OK for the Swift. Ride will take a slight beating, but will handle better. If you traverse on bad roads frequently, you can also look towards the Bridgstone Turanza ER60. Pretty grippy and extremely tough sidewall. It also looks better then the XM1+.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 15:11   #1297
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Agree to the point regarding the Turanza. That is what finally swung my purchase decision towards the Bridgestones. Since, I drive in Gurgaon, that has possibly, some of the worst roads in India, I thought that perhaps the Michelins might get hurt a lot. Also, it saved me about 200 bucks per tyre.
Old 9th August 2011, 18:22   #1298
TOR
BHPian

Quote:

185/70/14 is the ideal upsize for the stock steel wheels(5J)
Old 15th August 2011, 22:36   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Upgrade from Yokohama S-Drives - Which tire?

Hi guys,

I have already upsized the stock wheels on my 2005 Swift Vxi to 15". I had initially used the 195/60/R15 Goodyear Eagle F1 which lasted me for a good 30k kms. I then changed to the 205/55/R15 Yokohama S-Drives. Yes, the ride did feel a little harsher but the car looked great and had improved tremendously on the handling front. It is now time to have the tires changed again after a good 28k kms on the S-Drives. Which is a good tire to go for now? I am keen on Michelin. How are Continentals?

I am looking at a tire with equal amount of grip and comfort and should also have a good tread design. The S-Drives have the best tread design so far.
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:12   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic
Hi guys,

I have already upsized the stock wheels on my 2005 Swift Vxi to 15". I had initially used the 195/60/R15 Goodyear Eagle F1 which lasted me for a good 30k kms. I then changed to the 205/55/R15 Yokohama S-Drives. Yes, the ride did feel a little harsher but the car looked great and had improved tremendously on the handling front. It is now time to have the tires changed again after a good 28k kms on the S-Drives. Which is a good tire to go for now? I am keen on Michelin. How are Continentals?

I am looking at a tire with equal amount of grip and comfort and should also have a good tread design. The S-Drives have the best tread design so far.
The comfort on the XM1+ is pretty mind blowing, like I said in the past, breathed new life in my 5 year old Zxi.
Old 25th August 2011, 15:42   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Yes, 185/60 is quite OK for the Swift. Ride will take a slight beating, but will handle better. If you traverse on bad roads frequently, you can also look towards the Bridgstone Turanza ER60. Pretty grippy and extremely tough sidewall. It also looks better then the XM1+.
I just changed my rubbish MRF "highway howlers" on my 50k VDi to Bridgestone 185/70/14 ER60. Boy am I impressed! What a world of difference! I went by dhanushs recommendation for the Turanza and I can see my Swift sing happy tunes finally. Also few of my mates suggested against Michelin for me as my Swift is more on the highways than in the city. I can recommed Bridgestone Turanza for those looking for a good mix of comfort, performance and most importantly a silent ride!

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 25th August 2011 at 15:45.
Old 27th August 2011, 18:09   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
The comfort on the XM1+ is pretty mind blowing, like I said in the past, breathed new life in my 5 year old Zxi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I just changed my rubbish MRF "highway howlers" on my 50k VDi to Bridgestone 185/70/14 ER60. Boy am I impressed! What a world of difference! I went by dhanushs recommendation for the Turanza and I can see my Swift sing happy tunes finally. Also few of my mates suggested against Michelin for me as my Swift is more on the highways than in the city. I can recommed Bridgestone Turanza for those looking for a good mix of comfort, performance and most importantly a silent ride!
Guys forgot to mention that I will be selling my car off in December/January 2011 so don't want to spend too much on the tires but need decent ones too.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:18   #1303
BHPian

I had decided to change stock tyres on my 2005 Swift Vxi few months back but the tread indicator showed more life. Unfortunately one of my stock tyre got punctured and the mechanic with his bad knowledge made multiple holes which finally led to a bulge
I am again facing period air pressure loss in one of my tyre and hence planning to change my tyres.
I am finalizing on Michelin Energy XM1+ (185/70/14) OR Yoko A drives (185/70 R14) based on the reviews in this forum.
Few questions I had while going forward
1) Is there a significant/visible disadvantage in going for Yoko ? I plan to keep the car for 3 more years (30k - 35k more)
The car would be driven mostly in Bangalore
2) Should one replace all 5 tyres or keep back one of the stock tyres ?
3) Do we get additional discounts if we opt for 4/5 tyre change ?
4) How much can I expect for my existing stock tyres ? Any good places in Bangalore to refer to ?

Best Regards,
Nishan
Old 29th August 2011, 11:23   #1304
BHPian

Hi
One of the front tyre and one at back was loosing air frequently (last week) and on checkup found it to have 4 punctures and the one at back had two...
Got the back one replace with spare and the back one fixed but i believe its the time to change now.

The vdi has done approx 47K on stock (JK) and been to some really bad roads across himalayas (kinnaur - kalpa, chitkul, rohtang, chamoli - uttarakhand) basically non existent road in patches and landslide areas.

Looking for better tyres for similar conditions but not too costly too. what would be the best among yoko a drives, Bridgestone touranza Er60 and Michelin xm1+ energy ?

From the above posts, it seems like bridgestone are better because of better sidewalls.

Also, the spare had a puncture in sidewall and right now i am using it as front. Should i keep it for spare (hardly used) or should i chose the best among the rest 4 (used one) as a spare tyre ?
Old 29th August 2011, 12:34   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
I
Few questions I had while going forward
1) Is there a significant/visible disadvantage in going for Yoko ? I plan to keep the car for 3 more years (30k - 35k more)
The car would be driven mostly in Bangalore
Cant think of any unless you are brand biased .
Quote:
2) Should one replace all 5 tyres or keep back one of the stock tyres ?
Unless you have the money to spend don't bother changing all 5. You can always retain the stock one as a spare and change the remaining 4 tires. Not that when you exchange the spare one they are gonna give you a good amount as discount in exchange.

Quote:
3) Do we get additional discounts if we opt for 4/5 tyre change ?
Nopes, lets say you do away with the 5th tire and they will offer you the price for the 5th one. Nothing extra.

Quote:
4) How much can I expect for my existing stock tyres ? Any good places in Bangalore to refer to ?
Try different shops in Bangalore and see who gives you the best offer. Check the dealer directory here and there are a few dealers listed. Visit them and who ever gives you the best offer stick to them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks