Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 17:53   #2701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
sumit bhai,
you bought those Punto wheels from TATA A.S.S?I got mine from a guy who removed it for 14k for 4.You paid how much?
I got my alloys from someone who changed to aftermarket alloys as well.
TATA A.S.S charges 11k per wheel.

I got it at a steal price. 9k. Brand new wheels.
Even the blue sticker on the alloys are intact.
No scratches at all.
Old 1st February 2010, 13:57   #2702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Thanks. I bought the alloys when buying the car itself.

Handling is much better than stock. Braking has also improved.

I cannot say these are super quiet but the noise is much less than the stock Bridgestones.
how is the ride quality and do you feel any difference with the suspension between the stock bridgestone and michelin.

Whats' the price of the michelin tyres please?
Old 1st February 2010, 14:01   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
how is the ride quality and do you feel any difference with the suspension between the stock bridgestone and michelin.

Whats' the price of the michelin tyres please?
Ride quality has improved but the difference is not huge as the sidewall height of 155/80 and 175/70 is almost the same. The only thing is Wider tyres will go over some potholes that narrower tyres might fall into. That makes the major part of the difference.

Bought the XM1+ from tyrestore at 3150 per tyre.

EDIT: How much have you ridden with the stock tyre and how is your ride with 175/60 R14 ?

Last edited by para_7k : 1st February 2010 at 14:02.
Old 1st February 2010, 22:27   #2704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
How much have you ridden with the stock tyre and how is your ride with 175/60 R14 ?
i can say that i have not driven the car with stock wheels at all. Got the car on 18th and upsized on 19th.

With upsize the ride has become stiff and suspension more stiffer. But at the turnings its wonderful, handles so well.
Old 1st February 2010, 22:59   #2705
BHPian

An update on my alloys:

I was rather feeling let down with the fake HR alloys stuff. Maybe they are being made in Taiwan, China but i hope i am right in feeling that if i paid for HR i should be getting HR alloys. The other concern i had was that a fake product can be worse and more unreliable than a unbranded product. But i was just going on with the alloys until last friday, when i met another guy who said that those are fake HR wheels and well, it was time i got it cofirmed if its fake or not.

Wrote a mail to Sai Mag Wheels for clarity with photographs and Mr. Anand of Sai Mag called me on saturday and said that the alloys are fake HR.

I wrote a mail to Deepak (tyrestore -dealer) with Anand's update and he said that he is not aware of this and will refund the cost of alloys. I went in today, returned the 5 alloys and got the refund. Deepak also fitted the car with swift steel rims for the time being until i get my new set of alloys.

I am also thinking about going in for a 13" rims/alloys and xm1+ tyres.

Please let me know where i can look for alloys in chennai. Any place where konig, lenso are being sold or can i go with HR, Plati, League alloys.

Thank You tsk for pointing out. Thanks again to Vid, Nikhil, MAv

Ps: Dear mods, please excuse the double post. Timed out the Edit option.
Old 1st February 2010, 23:34   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Alls well that ends well I guess! Good of the tyre guy to refund the rims! I hope they aren't sold to another unsuspecting customer as HR alloys.

cheers
Old 1st February 2010, 23:54   #2707
Senior - BHPian

Ikoneer, finally you're relieved though those Fake HR's would've proven healthy for normal driving over the time. Anyhow check these 2 designs with HR for i10:
http://alloywheelsindia.com/full-product.php?id=92
Mag Wheels,Automotive Wheels,Aluminum Alloy Wheels,Car Chrome Wheels,Supplier (I've this on my Real Earth Xing in Full Machined Gun Metal finish) If you want to see pics of the alloys on my car let me know.

If you've the budget then go for Konig and Lenso; else HR, Plati, League etc. are there. And if you want further clarifications from HR guys, mail Gautam and give my reference (Tanveer Singh). I remember the first time I went to their showroom, he asked me from where did I get to know about them and on listening Team BHP he wasn't shocked. So many BHPians from Delhi got their wheels from Sai Mag.

Last edited by tsk13 : 1st February 2010 at 23:55.
Old 1st February 2010, 23:56   #2708
Distinguished - BHPian

Knowing Deepak, I doubt he would do that. He might sell it below the cost of the normal HRs just to dispose it off.

Ikoneer --- Please, please please change to 13". Get League. In my opinion, League is better than Plati, HR, etc.... Konig and Lenso will be very hard to find in 13".
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:20   #2709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Knowing Deepak, I doubt he would do that. He might sell it below the cost of the normal HRs just to dispose it off.

Ikoneer --- Please, please please change to 13". Get League. In my opinion, League is better than Plati, HR, etc.... Konig and Lenso will be very hard to find in 13".
Nikhil, he's thinking of retaining 13" (Check the quote below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post

I am also thinking about going in for a 13" rims/alloys and xm1+ tyres.
Lenso only has 1 design in 13" (this knowledge is about a quarter old, no updates) in 4 different finishes.

Konig has good designs, one member from Mumbai (I think so) got Konigs for his Black i10. Check the attached pic

Regarding League, isn't availability an issue down South? I mean in Delhi we never get to see League; Plati is more visible even though both League and Plati are distributed by the same person.
Old 2nd February 2010, 02:58   #2710
BHPian

Here are the pics of my baby with Linea alloys and Conti CPC2 195/60-R15
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-miniimg_5569.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-miniimg_5588.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-miniimg_5593.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2010, 09:48   #2711
BHPian

My gypsy's tyre Hankook RA03 in 15" alloys.

Old 2nd February 2010, 10:23   #2712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Here are the pics of my baby with Linea alloys and Conti CPC2 195/60-R15
Your vehicle is looking super. Congrats mate!
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:59   #2713
Senior - BHPian

Furious - the Punto looks Drop Dead Gorgeous
Any close up picture of the tread pattern of the Continental CPC 2?
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:29   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Furious - the Punto looks Drop Dead Gorgeous
Any close up picture of the tread pattern of the Continental CPC 2?
Oops I completely forgot to click that. Will do sometime.
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:46   #2715
BHPian

You car looks wonderful furioussphinx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Ikoneer, finally you're relieved though those Fake HR's would've proven healthy for normal driving over the time
Yes, finally peace of mind. I am in touch with Anand of Sai Mag Wheels, he has also said that i can contact them directly for the alloys. Let me finalize the model and speak to them if required.

I saw a Konig alloys in a post as well and like it. But not sure, if i can find that in chennai.

Please do post pics of your alloy.

I had 14" Alloys earlier and now since i am anyways going to buy new alloys, will go for 13" now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Deepak was very pleasant and nice to deal with. I really enjoyed doing business with him. Do not know what and why it went wrong in my case. anywayz.

I will nikhil. Will not go for 14" inch again. I will look for Konig first and if its' not available will look for League, HR etc. Let me also check my budget, would be already losing some money with the trade off of old 14" tyres.

How good are these brands AVA, Neo etc, seen AVA at tyrestore and Haute car zone shops.

Thanks all, will come back with some info and pics in the later days.

Last edited by ikoneer : 2nd February 2010 at 11:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks