Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2018, 11:39   #136
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Changed my tyre to Michelin Primacy 3 ST 195/65 R15 from Tyre Professionals. Costed 6350 + WB and WA with 20% discount. My OEM Tyres were MRF and there was some more tread left (Tread Wear indicator had couple of MMs left) after 63K, don't want to take chance during the rainy season. Will give an update after the drive.

Thanks to this thread and Parag for inputs on upgrade. Thanks Nikhil for helping me with the shop.

Last edited by ViMo : 6th June 2018 at 11:40. Reason: incomplete specification of tyre
ViMo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 15:13   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViMo View Post
Changed my tyre to Michelin Primacy 3 ST 195/65 R15 from Tyre Professionals.
I usually keep air pressure 34 PSI in all 4 tyres (completed 21K and still on stock JK 185/65 R15). With these upgrades is there any change required in that? Just curious since with wider rubber if you keep less or same pressure the section rubbing across road will be slightly bigger. Will it cause some reduction in FE?

Last edited by rajivtelang : 12th June 2018 at 15:16.
Old 12th June 2018, 15:23   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I usually keep air pressure 34 PSI in all 4 tyres (completed 21K and still on stock JK 185/65 R15). With these upgrades is there any change required in that? Just curious since with wider rubber if you keep less or same pressure the section rubbing across road will be slightly bigger. Will it cause some reduction in FE?
Did a 800 KM round trip after the tyre change. Grip has improved and road noise is gone, on cement roads there is some noise though. Mileage has come down by a bit yet to ascertain.

I am keeping 34 now and seems to be alright, yet to test on full load.
Old 12th June 2018, 15:26   #139
BHPian

Got myself 4 new tyres .

MRF perfinza

Downgrade from 205 / 60 R 15 MRF ZLO to 195 / 60 R 15 MRF Perfinza .

Initial impressions , the tyres are fantastic . They are very very soft and good .
gautamkhadse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 18:39   #140
Senior - BHPian

Some forums online indicate that upgrading tyres or any non standard size tyre updates will void the warranty. There is an example of i20 where in after some steering motor issue hyundai denied the fix under warranty saying the tyres are upgraded to some customers. But it was a genuine issue not at all related to tyres or suspendion systems.
Coming to the point, is it true or varies from one manufacturer to other? Was checking with i10 grand over weekend and showroom accessories department was ok to upgrade at time of delivery. They did not mention about void warranty.
The rate af which my Ertiga is accumulating mileage I may need the tyre replacement soon. Plus I have warranty until 5 years. If I select 195mm thick rubber will my remaining warranty be valid?
Old 9th July 2018, 19:09   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
If I select 195mm thick rubber will my remaining warranty be valid?
What you are upgrading to is just 10mm width and still maintain the same circumference with very little percentage difference.

If the technical experts representing warranty claims at the ASC can prove that an issue that you faced happened due to tire upgrade, It is then that you will be denied of a warranty claim. However, for such a small upgrade which I still feel is within limits, there is no way you will be denied claims.

My car was running on 205-60-15 profile when my steering rack was changed under extended warranty at 54,000 Kms on the Odo. Apart from my usual relationship with the ASC, they tested the rack first with their set of SOPs including re-torquing the damper and greasing the rack only after which they replaced it under warranty (For noise).
Old 9th July 2018, 22:35   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
What you are upgrading to is just 10mm width and still maintain the same circumference with very little percentage difference.

If the technical experts representing warranty claims at the ASC can prove that an issue that you faced happened due to tire upgrade, It is then that you will be denied of a warranty claim. However, for such a small upgrade which I still feel is within limits, there is no way you will be denied claims.
That is the tough part. In any issue they will have an upper hand. Even if the issue is not due to tyre upgrade or so and if they make the warranty void by relating it with upgrade, it is a complex situation you may fall in to convince them. The example I found on i20 somehow related steering issue to tyre upgrade which was not the case in reality.
My concern is with 5 years of warranty. Surely in another 12 months I may need some tyre replacement, that will roughly be 3 years of ownership. Now should I go for 195mm rubber or stick to stock 185mm after this fragile boundary of void vs not void warranty?
Old 15th July 2018, 19:17   #143
BHPian

Got Michelin XM2 for my Ertiga ZXI in May from Mahadev Tyres in Gurgaon. Went to get wheel alignment done just yesterday as my link rods were changed under warranty at 59000 kms and was not very happy with the alignment done at MASS. Mahadev generally is quite OK with alignment and balancing. I was told by them that my left bearing has developed some play, so it would not be advisable to go for an alignment till i got it checked. I was surprised since there were no sounds coming and the car has been running very smoothly since the link rod replacement. Got the car checked at MASS and they said there is absolutely no play and the bearing is fine. I confirmed it from three technicians and they showed me by rotating the wheel and confirmed it's absolutely fine. What i now suspect is that Mahadev is probably just bothered in selling tyres (Michelin being the tyre they thrust upon you) somehow i was not convinced by their bearing argument and post check-up it's confirmed. Guess now it's time to give them a wide berth. They seem to be content in servicing a vast majority of taxis . It's sad as i don't find good alignment balancing centres in Gurgaon.
Old 6th August 2018, 18:44   #144
BHPian

Hi,
I am looking to change all 4 tyres on my 2014 ZxI. I live in the interiors of the badlands of electronics city with terrible roads and have suffered numerous punctures and have been told by the Maruti ASS that all tyres need changed.

My reading so far has shown the Michelin P3ST to be popular (though Michelin lists it as not suitable for my car- is that because it is a 195 instead of 185). The Michelin website throws up the XM2 as the only recommended tyre for my car.

I would appreciate any advice /suggestions and any suggestions as to where in the bommasandra/electronics city are i could source the tyres would be brilliant.
Many Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 12:46   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudraksh2005 View Post
I would appreciate any advice /suggestions and any suggestions as to where in the bommasandra/electronics city are i could source the tyres would be brilliant.
Many Thanks
Check with Tyre Empire on Jail road. I have not been there but they have another branch at HSR layout where I always go for all tyre solutions.
Old 12th August 2018, 20:57   #146
BHPian

You can easily go for 195/65 profile tyres. The ZXI has stock alloys and the upgrade will go easily with them. The tyres don't foul with the wheel well, the only negative could be the slight speedometer error and some dip in fuel efficiency.
Old 13th November 2018, 16:12   #147
BHPian

My Ertiga Zdi's stock JK Vectra have completed 51k Km and though has about 5k odd tread left, I want to replace them. Please suggest a suitable tyre based on the following:

a) Should last atleast 45-50 k with regular rotation and alignment/balancing
b) Though it varies from surface to surface and road condition, still would love tread patterns which would attract minimal punctures
c) Comfort and grip without compromising fuel efficiency

I am keen on Yokohama Earth1 (185/65/R15) though was quite happy with JK Vectra's performance with just 2 punctures in the entire 51k span. Heard some reviews that Michelin XM2 is punctureprone to some extent. What about JK Royale? Any definite reviews about it?
To sum kit up, if there is substantial difference, then I would be changing the brand else would be okay continuing with new JK Vectra or Royale. In Kolkata the best quote that I am getting is JK Vectra - 3500; JK Royale - 4000; Yokohama Earth 1 - 4500; Michelin XM2 - 5000. All with 185/65/R15 profile.

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th November 2018, 07:00   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhojitb View Post
I am keen on Yokohama Earth1 (185/65/R15) though was quite happy with JK Vectra's performance with just 2 punctures in the entire 51k span. Heard some reviews that Michelin XM2 is punctureprone to some extent. What about JK Royale? Any definite reviews about it?
To sum kit up, if there is substantial difference, then I would be changing the brand else would be okay continuing with new JK Vectra or Royale. In Kolkata the best quote that I am getting is JK Vectra - 3500; JK Royale - 4000; Yokohama Earth 1 - 4500; Michelin XM2 - 5000. All with 185/65/R15 profile.

Thanks in advance.
I upsized to yoko earth1 195 size and was completely satisfied. No of punctures is not a metric on tyre quality, but i didnt have a single one during the 20000 km I drove on them before selling the car (including a Bangalore-Ladak drive). I was very happy with the grip and comfort.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 11:18   #149
BHPian

Has anybody used upsized tyres for the spare wheel in Ertiga? If so, does it fit comfortably in the space provided under the boot? Any insights would help.

Thank you
Old 30th July 2019, 12:53   #150
BHPian

I am on my 3rd set of tires now (just changed to latest 3k kms back).

Stock was MRF ZVTV. I used them for 72k kms then switched to Earth 1 in stock size. The Earth 1s also lasted 70k kms and now have switched to Continential MC5 but in a wider size : 195/60/R15. So far so good, the MC5 grips like a leech although I feel a little too puncture prone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks