Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Got following quotes from neighbourhood shop
Size: 195/60 R15
P3ST - 6400
Xm2 - 6100

He doesnt stock Yokohama so was reluctant to source

Is it a good deal? I can bargain a bit if I am buying on the spot

How to check the manufacturing date? Other than on the sticker which can be pasted !! Also Michelin tyres are made in Thailand
Raj ,

I have MRF ZLO on my Ertiga . 205 / 65 R 15 . Absolutely amazing tyres . NO punctures till date and these are grippy and silent tyres . Please read about them . And they will be the most inexpensive of all your choices . Please dont ignore this option , these are really good tyres and TBHP has enough testimonials to prove that .
Old 4th July 2017, 09:28   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Raj ,

I have MRF ZLO on my Ertiga . 205 / 65 R 15 . Absolutely amazing tyres . NO punctures till date and these are grippy and silent tyres . Please read about them . And they will be the most inexpensive of all your choices . Please dont ignore this option , these are really good tyres and TBHP has enough testimonials to prove that .
I Believe you meant 205/60 ?

Also, from my interaction with Raj, he has already replaced the tires with Yoko Earth 1, 195/60 Profile 3 months back.
Old 4th July 2017, 10:16   #123
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gautam & Parag

I switched to Yoko earth1 195/60 couple of months back and so far run around 5k. Tyres are great, i feel any upgrade will feel great over the stock tyres

Happy with the noise, handling, GC and grip is great.. earlier i experienced ABS more frequently and after this change I hardly felt the need for ABS
Old 8th September 2017, 16:48   #124
BHPian

My Ertiga has crossed 47k and still on stock MRF tyres. Thread deep enough for another 10 – 15K kilometres. Was planning to upgrade tyres at 55k but last week had a puncture (third one during the entire riding) and I think I rode it flat for some time. There is a side bulge and can’t use it any more.
I am left with three options
1. Find a second hand tyre to be used as spare. Where can I find it and at what cost?
2. Decide on the upgrade now and buy a tyre use it as spare till you change the tyres. Confused between 195 and 205 which one. I travel long distances with 6 people and full luggage. Will 205 be a problem if it gets fully loaded?
3. Upgrade straight away. Planning to buy 4 tyres and keep one of the existing as spare. ( my spare wheel is non – alloy and 5 wheel rotation is not possible)
Please suggest.
Old 10th September 2017, 14:40   #125
Senior - BHPian

comments in line
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViMo View Post
I am left with three options
1. Find a second hand tyre to be used as spare. Where can I find it and at what cost?
Wont suggest, you will never know the history of the tire, even if you intent to use it as spare. You can check with tire dealers themselves or classified websites.

Quote:
2. Decide on the upgrade now and buy a tyre use it as spare till you change the tyres. Confused between 195 and 205 which one. I travel long distances with 6 people and full luggage. Will 205 be a problem if it gets fully loaded?
Read earlier posts in this thread, people have posted their experience of 195/205

Quote:
3. Upgrade straight away. Planning to buy 4 tyres and keep one of the existing as spare. ( my spare wheel is non – alloy and 5 wheel rotation is not possible)
I suggest this. Tyre is your most important aspect when it comes to safety. If you do long distance with 6+ people upgrading to better tyres early is the best solution and offers peace of mind.

Note: I was in similar situation 8 months back and I did option 3.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 12:12   #126
Senior - BHPian

I completed 10k on my Yoko earth 1, it does the job well. Tire noise has increased off late but mostly because of the stones stuck between the patterns. Tire appears like it will easily last 50k or more. I recommend these for those on budget
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 11:12   #127
BHPian

Thanks arjithin.
I got a spare tyre from a friend and i have some time to chose the upgrade option.
The neighborhood tyre shop guy says 205 will be a problem as it will touch the wheel well when fully loaded. Has anyone else face this issue?
I assume safe will be 195.
Old 13th September 2017, 11:16   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The neighborhood tyre shop guy says 205 will be a problem as it will touch the wheel well when fully loaded. Has anyone else face this issue?
I can assure you that this is wrong as long as you are installing 205-60-R15 on the OE Rim/Alloys which are 5.5J width.

I say this because I used 205 profile tires on my Ertiga for almost 93,000 kms with varied usage pattern - Single, semi-loaded with and without luggage, fully loaded in all 3 rows.

Not even a single instance of tires rubbing the wheel arches even when passing some undulations are triple digit speeds and all 3 rows loaded with passengers.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 11:47   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I can assure you that this is wrong as long as you are installing 205-60-R15 on the OE Rim/Alloys which are 5.5J width.

I say this because I used 205 profile tires on my Ertiga for almost 93,000 kms with varied usage pattern - Single, semi-loaded with and without luggage, fully loaded in all 3 rows.

Not even a single instance of tires rubbing the wheel arches even when passing some undulations are triple digit speeds and all 3 rows loaded with passengers.
Thats some assurance. I was keen on 205/50/R15 on stock alloys. Will be going for this. Thanks Parag.
ViMo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 13:00   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Thats some assurance. I was keen on 205/50/R15 on stock alloys. Will be going for this. Thanks Parag.
Sorry. I meant, 205/60/R15
Old 20th September 2017, 17:51   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

I am planning to go for 195/65 R 15 for my ZXI. Had planned the upgrade earlier but the stock MRF's have really held up well as of now for 43600 kms. However i am a bit sick with the noisy buggers Just wanted to know from your experience how exactly do 195/65 R 15 hold up?

From your experience has there been any fouling with the wheel well at full /partial load? I am asking this as one Tyre dealer persuaded me to not go for this size as it will foul with the wheel well. Its another matter that he was trying to push the Rogerab contraption on me which all thanks to your advice i did not fall for.

Do i need to be concerned with the extra load that the suspension might take with this upgrade? Mine is a petrol one so don't know whether the diesel has slightly heavier/revised suspension components.
Old 20th September 2017, 18:40   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
From your experience has there been any fouling with the wheel well at full /partial load? I am asking this as one Tyre dealer persuaded me to not go for this size as it will foul with the wheel well. Its another matter that he was trying to push the Rogerab contraption on me which all thanks to your advice i did not fall for.
My Ertiga is on 195-65 R15 for the last ~24,000 kms and have caused no issues whatsoever.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4102709

As you might have read earlier here, my usage patterns vary and take into account all permutations and combinations - Single, partially loaded to fully loaded. These tires have not touched any of the wheel arches even on the stock suspension which now (at 131K on the odo) will be relatively weaker than before. So you can safely put 195-65.

However, do remember that even though this remains within the permissible range to upgrade from stock, there will be error with the speedo by a small margin that I have digested by now and been living without much botheration.

I don't recollect it precisely but for every 100 Kms that my 206-60 used to spin, the 195-65 would spin ~98 Kms.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 21:40   #133
BHPian

Our Ertiga Zdi is on 195/65 R15 with steel rims from day one; first 45-50K with Bridgestone MY01 and currently with Yokohama earth one. Completed 75000 kms with varied load conditions including trips to Kodaikanal ghat road with 7 on board with luggage on roof rack, No issues noticed till date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
I am planning to go for 195/65 R 15 for my ZXI. .
vinodv001 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 18:42   #134
BHPian

I switched to 195/65/R15 Michelin Primacy ST last week after running the stock for 56K km. Noticeable reduction in tyre noise and driving comfort is the result.

I did the change at Madhus, located at langford road. The didn't give any money for the old tyres. They are severely space constrained and had to wait long time to get the job done. Guys at Madhus were little hesitant to switch to 195/65/R15 size.

Last edited by guruji : 8th October 2017 at 18:43.
Old 8th October 2017, 20:04   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
I switched to 195/65/R15 Michelin Primacy ST last week after running the stock for 56K km. Noticeable reduction in tyre noise and driving comfort is the result.
+1

I switched to 195/60/R15 (notice its 60 not 65) Yoko Earth 1 after 45K on stock rims, did 20K so far now. the error margins are ~ 1%. No issues so far. Car looks much better imho.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks