Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 22:29   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
hey thats a damn neat and compact package..
how much did you get it for?
Got it on ebay.de when I was in Germany for 12 Euros. The ones I saw on ebay.in looked like plastic toys

Nirmal
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:42   #182
Senior - BHPian

I bought a similar product last year from ebay india.

Tyre pressure, have you checked yours lately?-5580_1.jpg
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:26   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I bought a similar product last year from ebay india.
im interested in getting one of this. is it good? how long will it take to inflate one tyre?
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:02   #184
BHPian

guys,these pumps generally costing 450 etc dont last long and are not too reliable. I suggest buying SLIME air pump. its expensive at 1750 but really worth the money.
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:09   #185
Senior - BHPian

I have not used it for inflation from a flat tyre but have used it to top up the air. It takes apprx 2-3 min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
im interested in getting one of this. is it good? how long will it take to inflate one tyre?
Old 23rd May 2008, 20:14   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR-V View Post
Ok, so in my CR-V booklet and the side slip near the driver door the tyre pressure is wrtitten 30psi. But sometimes I feel is 30psi enough for such a huge vehicle? Should I increase it to 32psi or something?

ps: sorry for so many gramatical errors in the last post, will post more carefully.
What manufacturer says is the recommended pressure based on the tyre specification, the unladed weight of the car and measured when tyres are cold. You could safely go plus or minus 2 psi based on your driving comfort.

To make sure that you are putting in desired pressure, fill in air within 1-2 kms of driving (so that the tyres are still cold). Also note that most pumps dont show correct pressure on their gauges. It is always good to have a tyre pressure checker or a compressor at home. See posts above

Nirmal
Old 7th August 2008, 14:27   #187
BHPian

One of my friends is coming down from the US.

Is this tyre pressure gauge worth the $12, or can we get something similar here for the same price.

The price coming for this gauge is $12 = Rs.516 (12x43) with free 2 day shipping.

Amazon.com: Accutire MS-4350B Programmable Digital Tire Gauge: Automotive
Old 7th August 2008, 15:04   #188
Senior - BHPian

Anyone used this Electric Air pump?
How good is it?

Details here: eBay India: ORIGINAL 12V CAR ELECTRIC PUMP AIR COMPRESSOR TIRE/TYRE (item 230275206891 end time 09-Aug-2008 18:39:00 IST)
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure, have you checked yours lately?-airpump.jpg  

Last edited by finneyp : 7th August 2008 at 15:20.
Old 7th August 2008, 15:31   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul
One of my friends is coming down from the US.
Is this tyre pressure gauge worth the $12, or can we get something similar here for the same price.
Dont know about this gauge you mention. But I have been using a Campbell Hausfeld inflator-cum-gauge-cum-flashlight for years now (It also has adaptors to pump air in footballs and stuff). And I think it costs less than 20$. If your friend can source it, it is a good investment. See pics below.

Tyre pressure, have you checked yours lately?-tyreinflator1.jpg

Tyre pressure, have you checked yours lately?-tyreinflator2.jpg

More info on inflators available at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...inflators.html
Old 7th August 2008, 16:21   #190
BHPian

^^That is a excellent product, but unfortunately it'll be a little bulky for him as he's already run out of space and he has warned me that no big stuff :(
Old 7th August 2008, 19:51   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I have exactly the same pump since about 1.5 years. I got it from a Carrefour in Malaysia. I've used it 2 or 3 times - never from a total flat situation - works fine.
Old 15th January 2010, 21:41   #192
BHPian

Tire pressure for highway drives

There are two theories on the subject on the forum namely :

1. The tire pressure should be slightly reduced prior to a highway drive to compensate for increase of temp and pressure with time.

2. The tire pressure should be increased slightly as the highways are smoother.

My experience with TPMS and a daily highway commute of 55+55 Km at highway speeds is as follows :

1. It takes about 9-10 Km for the front tyre temp to go up by 10 deg C and corresponding pressure by about 5 PSI.
2. The temp of rear tire in the same distance goes up about 3 deg C and pressure about 2 PSI. (I am the only occupant of the car)
3. After the above increase the temp and pressure increase almost stops and a stable state is achieved.

Based on the above I see no benefit of altering the pressure any way prior to a highway drive.

Please share your experience and opinion.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th January 2010 at 21:48. Reason: Please use Search before opening new thread. thanks
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:24   #193
BHPian

Petrol pumps and tyre air pressure

I am sure that most of us have been through this and will continue to go through as well.

If its a long weekend, most petrol pumps say that their air pressure system is not working or no attendant to fill the air.

Why don't the petrol pumps realize that the importance of air pressure is as important as petrol/diesel.

Yesterday when I had to re-fuel, I waited for 15 mins for someone to come and fill up the air only to be told that air system is not working.

I went to another petrol pump on my way and again no body was willing to come and fill up.

Almost every other time, I fill up petrol, I have to run around hunting for some place to fill up air.

We all know that maintaining the correct Tyre pressure is of at most importance.

What do you normally do when faced with this situation?
Drive as is until you find some other place where air can be filled? or
Have a foot-operated or battery operation air filler which you use to fill up? or something else...

Does anyone have those air fillers sold by Big Bazaar which can be powered from car battery? Any reviews or links?

Mods: Please merge or take any action that you feel appropriate if this is not the right place to post or the same discussion is happening in some other thread. Thanks
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:36   #194
BHPian

well, i faced a similar issue yesterday. At IOC bunk I had filled the petrol and when I was about to move over to the net stop for checking the air, i see a tiny board which says "out of service". I was like, damn! i have the habbit of checking the pressure atleast once a week, but I had to pass this time and I would have to have it checked this evening.
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:43   #195
Senior - BHPian

I have experienced this more than often and have wised to filling the air during the weekdays, dont wait till the weekends coz you never know you might end up not filling the air due to unavailable staff at the petrol pumps.

The same issue of no attendants in the mornings used to be headache when I normally refuelled at petrol pumps early mornings. The air filling attendants never used to show up before 0830 hrs hence had to drop the plans of filling up air in mornings too.

The only options left are 1) Use the mechanical/electrical operated foot pumps 2) Have an option for self filling at the petrol pump.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks