Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2018, 21:10   #46
Team-BHP Support

http://falkentyre.in/wildpeak-at01

These appear to be available as well. And as per this post, Michelin LTX Force is still available, though not reflected in Michelin's website.

By the way, this very capable G Class Professional on sale in Australia uses the GoodYear Wrangler tires.
Attached Thumbnails
All-Terrain Tyres for the new-gen Mahindra Scorpio?-image.mq6.12.20171018104117.jpeg  

Last edited by SDP : 16th December 2018 at 21:57. Reason: merging
Old 16th April 2019, 13:29   #47
BHPian

Re: All-Terrain Tyres for the new-gen Mahindra Scorpio?

Michelin LTX Force is available in 235/65 R 17 size. Replaced worn Pirellis a couple of days back. Got these from Tyre Empire, Whitefield, Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
All-Terrain Tyres for the new-gen Mahindra Scorpio?-20190413_105109.jpg  

All-Terrain Tyres for the new-gen Mahindra Scorpio?-20190413_105127.jpg  

All-Terrain Tyres for the new-gen Mahindra Scorpio?-20190415_083654.jpg  

All-Terrain Tyres for the new-gen Mahindra Scorpio?-20190415_210249.jpg  

darshan.ckm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 18:53   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by darshan.ckm View Post
Michelin LTX Force is available in 235/65 R 17 size. Replaced worn Pirellis a couple of days back. Got these from Tyre Empire, Whitefield, Bangalore.
How much did the tires cost you?

One of my friend had to swap his family's XUV tires with new ones, we tried to source but only a pair was available.

Had to go in for Yokohama Geolander AT G015 as there were not many options. The tires came at 12.5K a piece.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 21:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Not related to exact topic but I am running my 2014 Nissan Terrano XE since last 2.5 years on Goodyear Wrangler AT/SA. There is still decent tread life left, last showed to local tyre guy, he said these can last me another 10k kms. Current mileage 1,41,800, tyres replaced at 65,000 kms. Do the math. Mind you no frequent punctures, no scary braking situation, no loss of grip.
My next selection for set of tyres for Terrano is going to be a no brainer.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 09:18   #50
Team-BHP Support

All-Terrain Tyres for the new-gen Mahindra Scorpio?-whatsapp-image-20191029-12.00.35.jpeg

Its a much zoomed in picture and this has happened with just 1 tire. Just for this much width and one [similar] vertical line. I may send this tire and they would send it to somewhere where an inspection would be done, this entire process would take ~15 days, post which a conclusion if any would be arrived.

Though, its pretty clear, it is a manufacturing defect. It doesn't have any depth either, but not sure if it will increase/degenerate.
Old 2nd January 2020, 19:31   #51
Team-BHP Support

Guys, appears my GoodYear Wrangler AT/SA is suffering from manufacturing issues. It will take 2 weeks plus for them to inspect and revert, so, with 40,000+ kms on these tires, I was thinking to change it.

It has been suffering multiple air-leaks, slow, loses 1 psi per day.

Yokohama Geolander has the best warranty at my place, I mean, no downtime, if any issues, you get it replaced instantly.

The same guy deals in Michelin and is not very happy with them with their way of dealing in replacements, will have to inquire [again] if things have changed or not.

Are Cooper or Toyo tires available and any idea on their warranty? Any other tires?

I need AT and my usage is 50% trail or broken road driving. I don't particularly off-road.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd January 2020 at 19:33.
Old 9th January 2020, 13:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Guys, appears my GoodYear Wrangler AT/SA is suffering from manufacturing issues. It will take 2 weeks plus for them to inspect and revert, so, with 40,000+ kms on these tires, I was thinking to change it.

Are Cooper or Toyo tires available and any idea on their warranty? Any other tires?

I need AT and my usage is 50% trail or broken road driving. I don't particularly off-road.
I'm looking for Cooper, Toyos or Goodyear Wrangler ATs as well. Do keep us updated on your search.

It's been extremely hard to find good ATs in India without having to privately import and pay huge shipping and customs costs. Any information on these brands would be incredibly useful!

Last edited by Sheel : 9th January 2020 at 16:20. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 9th January 2020, 16:24   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneel View Post
I'm looking for Cooper, Toyos or Goodyear Wrangler ATs as well. Do keep us updated on your search.
I have seen few Scorpios in Kerala having Toyo and Cooper. Unsure of how they procured it.

AT's available [which I know] -

# Pirelli Scorpion ATR,
# GoodYear Wrangler AT/SA,
# Yokohama Geolander AT,
# Michelin LTX-Force.

and few from Ceat [Czar], MRF [Wanderer] etc.

My advise would be, do your research and stick with that tire which has the best [comprehensive] warranty from your dealer.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 11:05   #54
Team-BHP Support

My Scorpio S10 4WD would need a tire change. The current Goodyear AT / SA have done over 50,000 kms and I feel I should change them before the onset of summers / monsoon. My go to tire shop is suggesting https://www.goodyear.co.in/tyres/goo...-at-silenttrac.

This is what I could manage to read online.

Other option available is https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/geolandar-a-t-g015 but I am somehow hesitant to go for Yokohamas because of sidewalls.

I have largely been satisfied with the GoodYears and I am changing them as I feel they are losing grip have become hard and before slow punctures / airloss starts happening, I would rather change. Michelins are not available, but, anything else in AT?

Current status of tires.
Attached Thumbnails
All-Terrain Tyres for the new-gen Mahindra Scorpio?-1image.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 12th March 2022 at 18:36.
Old 24th April 2022, 03:58   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
My Scorpio S10 4WD would need a tire change. The current Goodyear AT / SA have done over 50,000 kms and I feel I should change them before the onset of summers / monsoon. My go to tire shop is suggesting https://www.goodyear.co.in/tyres/goo...-at-silenttrac.

This is what I could manage to read online.

Other option available is https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/geolandar-a-t-g015 but I am somehow hesitant to go for Yokohamas because of sidewalls.

I have largely been satisfied with the GoodYears and I am changing them as I feel they are losing grip have become hard and before slow punctures / airloss starts happening, I would rather change. Michelins are not available, but, anything else in AT?

Current status of tires.
Hi Sheel,
I upgraded to the Yokohama Geolandar G015's last July on my Fortuner. As you said, I was very skeptical since I had heard a lot of horror stories about sidewall Issues but the only other option I had at that time was the Continental Cross Contact LX2's(which were HT tyres)and Bridgestone Dueler D697(AT's). Glad to say I made the right decision by zeroing in on the yokos.

An other option to look at could be the Michelin LTX trail, which is a fairly new product in the Indian market that aims to replace the LTX force.
KK2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 10:56   #56
Team-BHP Support

Time was due to change my AT tires. Not many options I tell you.

One was this, very uninspiring, it might have been a safe & a cheaper choice, but it just did not pull any heart strings.
Name:  5935af6dd26e4806a11ab922d9d0d331.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  82.6 KB

My local dealer now stocks all tires from Bridgestone, GoodYear, Continental & Yokohama (he was a Yokohama exclusive earlier). Went for the Yokohama Geolander G015 in stock 235/65 R17 size as my previous tire (Good Year Wrangler AT / SA) is not in production any more (as per dealer). Those tires appeared wider to the naked eye, had tons of grip, were very robust & never complained, no air-loss, nothing.

All-Terrain Tyres for the new-gen Mahindra Scorpio?-whatsapp-image-20220806-11.58.47-am.jpeg

I did not buy the tires pictured above, they are HT's, but if given a choice between the GoodYear & Continental, might have chosen the Continentals.

Will share images & other bits (1L service update) in my ownership thread in a couple of days.

Most Viewed