Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2019, 12:27   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta: Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I am looking at changing the stock tyres on my 2017 SX CRDI Creta in a couple of weeks.They are 205/65/16 and run about 37K with 75% highway and 25% city/village roads. Need suggestions on the brand and if upsize to 225 on stock alloys is advisable!
Old 3rd June 2019, 12:19   #32
BHPian

Hi All ! I have a Creta 1.6 Diesel,. I am looking to change the tires as they have almost reached their end. The car is going to be fours years old in August and it has run about 44k plus km and on an average I drive 10k/ year, mostly city and one long drive/year. I did't have any problem with the Goodyear Assurance but I would like to try something different.

I would like to stick with the OE size 205/65/R16 unless its worth it going for an up-size in the R16. I am not looking for anything that is too performance oriented, I do drive pretty spiritedly. I prefer something which gives me good steering feedback and not like a light steering. My budget would be 5-7k. What are my options ?
Old 3rd June 2019, 14:06   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
My budget would be 5-7k. What are my options ?
Brief search online @ Tyre Market website shows the following:

Goodyear Assurance Triplemax = ₹5,806
Pirelli P1 = ₹7,046
Apollo Apterra = ₹5,850
Bridgestone B390 = ₹6,502
Pirelli P6 = ₹7,146
Falken ZE = ₹8,686

If you are happy with the Goodyears, get them.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 11:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Brief search online @ Tyre Market website shows the following:

Goodyear Assurance Triplemax = ₹5,806
Pirelli P1 = ₹7,046
Apollo Apterra = ₹5,850
Bridgestone B390 = ₹6,502
Pirelli P6 = ₹7,146
Falken ZE = ₹8,686

If you are happy with the Goodyears, get them.
Any options in Continentals, Michelin and Yoko's ?
Old 5th June 2019, 11:29   #35
BANNED

Quote:
1. Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 - ₹7,430.

2. Michelin Primacy 3ST - Price not available, check locally.

3. Yokohama Earth 1 - Price not available, check locally.

Last edited by a4anurag : 5th June 2019 at 11:33.
Old 11th September 2019, 12:57   #36
BHPian

Got new Shoes for my ride. Geolander G015 AT with an upgrade to 235/60/R16.
Now the steering input feels more precise and direct with improved braking. Will validate post a long highway drive coming up this weekend.
BopsKA12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 14:01   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Check Out for Bluearth RV02 Yoko, especially designed for compact SUVs...
Old 13th October 2019, 16:51   #38
BHPian

How does Michelin LTX Force compare with Michelin Primacy SUV tires? They both are almost same price. Considering it for 1st gen Creta Diesel AT which came shod with 205/65/16. Michelin does not have the exact size so will opt for 215/65/16.

Appreciate your views.
Old 11th January 2020, 14:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta: Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi Folks, need some advice. I have a 2 year old 1.6 diesel SX Creta and the car came with Good year assurance Triple Max 16 inch tyres. I did not upsize the tyre since I thought I could do it when I clock about 35k. Now, at 17k, i have a side wall damage in one of the tyres and it surprisingly has cracked open. So forced to look at a tyre change anyway. I have two options, use the unused spare tyre and buy one more new tyre of the same size and brand, and use both of these as new in the front. And then stick to older tyres at the rear and may be another old one for the spare.

Another option is to upsize all four tyres to something like 215 or 225 16 inches and be at peace for the next 30k. The second option is not really required considering I have clocked only 17k, but I thought lets change and at least enjoy the superior tyres for the next 3 years. I have had a bit of frequent puncture issue with one other good year tyre in my car as well.

Feedback would be great.
Old 11th January 2020, 14:49   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hi Folks, need some advice. I have a 2 year old 1.6 diesel SX Creta and the car came with Good year assurance Triple Max 16 inch tyres. I did not upsize the tyre since I thought I could do it when I clock about 35k
You can get Yokohama Earth 1 in the stock size (205/65 R16).
Old 11th January 2020, 16:48   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hi Folks, need some advice. I have a 2 year old 1.6 diesel SX Creta and the car came with Good year assurance Triple Max 16 inch tyres. I did not upsize the tyre since I thought I could do it when I clock about 35k. Now, at 17k, i have a side wall damage in one of the tyres and it surprisingly has cracked open. So forced to look at a tyre change anyway. I have two options, use the unused spare tyre and buy one more new tyre of the same size and brand, and use both of these as new in the front. And then stick to older tyres at the rear and may be another old one for the spare.
Get the damaged tyre replaced with a new one and use the current set. No point in changing all 4 if you are looking for a buy back.

In case you are not looking for a buy back, get 4 new tyres (upsize or different brand) and keep the existing tyres with you. But I would personally recommend the first option.
Old 11th January 2020, 20:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta: Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You can get Yokohama Earth 1 in the stock size (205/65 R16).

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Get the damaged tyre replaced with a new one and use the current set. No point in changing all 4 if you are looking for a buy back.

In case you are not looking for a buy back, get 4 new tyres (upsize or different brand) and keep the existing tyres with you. But I would personally recommend the first option.

Thanks for the feedback. I think im going to just replace one tyre for now since the car has done 17k and the other tyres have another 15-20ks life left in them. Two reasons why I thought of a complete swap, I have just completed 2 years of ownership and for me to get to about 35k it would take another 2 years, since my running has come down. And I usually change my car on year 5 or 6, so I will probably change my tyre and then would not get to enjoy the better quality for long. This is precisely what happened in my last car, a Rapid. I upsized to continental tyres and momo alloys on my 4th year and sold it in the 6th year. I probably did not utilise my spending that point of time. And second reason is that these good year tyres are pretty average. I have had frequent punctures as well.

But the huge cost of upgrading all 4 is holding me back. I just got 15k worth of art leather seats installed yday and the same day this tyre wall cracked!
Old 31st May 2020, 13:03   #43
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hello fellow BHPians,
My 2015 Creta VTVT is nearing it's 5 years now and was thinking of giving it a slight makeover & this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ot-money.html\ further inspired me for the same. To begin with I am looking to upsize my stock 205/65/16 wheels to possibly a 225/55/17's. I have a few questions in this regards, and it would be great is you guys can help me answer them. Please note that this is the first time ever that any of our cars that we owned will be getting a wheel upsize. We generally used to stick to the OEM recommended ones only.

1. Will the upsize hamper my existing ride quality as there will be a decrease in the sidewall thickness?
2. What will the impact on my resale, say in another 3-4 years down the line; since generally buyers have apprehensions about aftermarket fitments (especially upsized wheels)
3. Since mine is a Petrol model and the current average I am drawing in mixed driving conditions is around 12-13 KMPL; will there be any significant drop in mileage?
4. Is the upsize good enough, since I am going for a +1 rim size which anyways is available in the SX(O) spec. The only concern here is the section width increase from 205 to 225.

It would really benefit me if you guys can throw some light on this and also provide some info on the tires to go for and the alloys alike.

Thanks!
Old 2nd June 2020, 22:22   #44
BHPian

Like above I am in need of some tyre advice. I found a good deal on a used 2017 Hyundai Creta SX (O). Tyres are 215/60/17 Goodyear Assurance. Both front tyres have had multiple punctures and seem pretty dodgy. I usually put new tyres in my car anyways. I can't see too many options in this size. The rims are pretty sweet so don't want to change rims. I can see Yokohoma Blueearth Rv 02 in this size, Bridgestone Duellers and the stock Goodyears. My previous cars have all been on Michelins and Continentals and have had no issues but I don't see any compatible options.
My use is 50-50 in city and highways with the odd unpaved rough road.
Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by Amsdoc : 2nd June 2020 at 22:24.
Old 2nd June 2020, 22:29   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
Like above I am in need of some tyre advice. I found a good deal on a used 2017 Hyundai Creta SX (O). Tyres are 215/60/17 Goodyear Assurance.
Michelin Primacy 4ST, Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport, Yokohama BlueEarth AE-50, Pirelli Scorpion Verde. These are the options available for 215/60 R17.

Since the roads you travel aren't fully paved, I'm not sure how the Michelin's would fare due to softer sidewall. If you feel they can survive the brunt, get them. Else you can look at Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport (this tyre came as an OEM for me from factory and has run 77,000 kms) or Yokohama's.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd June 2020 at 22:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks