Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2021, 19:27   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta: Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Hi All,
Previous generation Creta SX+ petrol MT. (OEM tyre Goodyear 205/65R 16). Looking to replace all 4. 90% city usage. I have two questions.

1. Does the new tyre have to be of the same spec ? I mean 205/65R 16.
2. Any recommendation? Is it worth going for Goodyear again?

Thanks in advance.
(@Mods. I posted it in the goodyear thread by mistake. Meant to post here. I dont see an option to delete it from there)
I am assuming that you have mistyped the stock tyres as 205/65 R16 instead of R17.

I have a 2018 Creta E+ with the same 17 inch stock tyres that I have upgraded to Yokohama BluEarth 225/60R17 tyres. I can vouch for them and can say that the ride quality is much more comfortable. The car feels much more planted on the highways and can handle triple digit speeds very confidently. There is no difference that you will feel when you drive in the city because the tyres are not much wider than the stock.
Attached Images

normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 11:03   #62
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Need some suggestions for the replacement for my Creta CRDi. It came with Goodyear Assurance which were OK to start with. One of them developed a bald patch and I am using that as a spare. Looking to replace with stock size 205/65R16.

I am looking at the following and open to Conti as well.
Yokohama Earth 1
Yokohama BluEarth RV02

Michellin PSTs are way about the budget at 9K+.

How is the price and performance of Continental UC6?
Old 26th November 2021, 12:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone upgraded to 225 profile in the 1st Gen Creta? My stock size is 205/65/16 and although I have just covered 25k, I’m contemplating on changing the tyres sometime soon. I don’t intend to change the rim size since my car came with 16 inch alloys. And I’m hence thinking of 225/65/16 as an option, the deviation for 225 seems lower than 215, so from that point it seems like a non-issue.
However, when you upgrade to a much wider profile, are there other implications like loan on suspension etc? The reason I ask this is because I recall an incident in my earlier car, a Rapid, wherein I had moved from 175 profile to 205 and the service station guys were stating that this would damage my suspension arms etc.
Old 6th December 2021, 09:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Has anyone upgraded to 225 profile in the 1st Gen Creta? My stock size is 205/65/16 and although I have just covered 25k, I’m contemplating on changing the tyres sometime soon. I don’t intend to change the rim size since my car came with 16 inch alloys. And I’m hence thinking of 225/65/16 as an option, the deviation for 225 seems lower than 215, so from that point it seems like a non-issue.
Quoting from my own post above. Finally switched to new Yokohama Geolandar SUV tyres 235/60/16. My original idea was to get 225 profile which had the least deviation of 0.5%, but the only option in this profile was Michelin Primacy 4st and it was around 10.5k.
While I was deliberating on this option, I came across the option of 235 in Yokohama and although the deviation is just over 2%, I felt the wider track would help in better braking and grip. Secondly, both 225 and 235 are odd sizes, so I figured the risk of procuring one remains the same in case any one tyre gets damaged in the future.

Lastly, the Yokohama Geolandar was just 9k, so it being nearly 4500 cheaper overall also played in to my decision.

I don’t know if 235 is an overkill, but in my mind I decided to upsize since the stock profile of 205 was not the right size, but I also did not want to change my rims from 16 to 17 as they are stock classic silver alloys which go well with my silver coloured car. So if I cannot change the rim, then the only option was to upsize. 215 had 1.8% deviation, and i didn’t really think moving from 205 to 215 would make any significant difference. Hence it had to look at 225, but at the end it’s been 235! Let’s hope I haven’t compromised anything due to this upsize

Last edited by motorworks : 6th December 2021 at 09:03.
Old 6th December 2021, 09:58   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don’t know if 235 is an overkill, but in my mind I decided to upsize since the stock profile of 205 was not the right size, but I also did not want to change my rims from 16 to 17 as they are stock classic silver alloys which go well with my silver coloured car. So if I cannot change the rim, then the only option was to upsize.
Moving from 205 to 235 width is a big jump, especially on the stock rims. Are the rims wide enough to handle that? Also did you face any challenge with the existing 205 section wheels?

Do you feel any difference on the weight of the steering at parking speeds? Please do share some pics if you don't mind.
Old 6th December 2021, 16:21   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Moving from 205 to 235 width is a big jump, especially on the stock rims. Are the rims wide enough to handle that? Also did you face any challenge with the existing 205 section wheels?

Do you feel any difference on the weight of the steering at parking speeds? Please do share some pics if you don't mind.
Hi Ashish

Sharing a few pictures which i took at my office parking lot earlier this morning. Yes, the stock rims are wide enough to handle the 235 profile.
My issue with the stock 205 was that two of the Good year assurance had slight side wall bulge, but not that it had any issue, but when I noticed it during one of the alignment sessions, I felt that it was better to upgrade wh some point.

Post upgrading to 235 profile, yes the steering has got a little heavy, but not by much. My initia feeling is that the car seems to have much more “road contact”, feels better at least as of now. Hopefully should result in better braking.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta: Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-0d1b8480eddb43b796d8b52114911d79.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta: Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-dd8f3a0ede0e41b3a2cfc558208d57bb.jpeg  

Last edited by motorworks : 6th December 2021 at 16:22.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:58   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Post upgrading to 235 profile, yes the steering has got a little heavy, but not by much. My initia feeling is that the car seems to have much more “road contact”, feels better at least as of now. Hopefully should result in better braking.
Thanks for sharing these pics. These tyres don't look as wide as I had expected but rather fill the wheel well nicely (I was expecting them to protrude from the wells). From the looks, there doesn't seem to be any risk of scraping too. Only downside should be higher load on the power steering and slightly lesser FE.
Old 6th December 2021, 18:13   #68

I have had a very bad experience with Goodyear Assurance tyres. After collecting my Creta(2019 Petrol AT) in March 2019 in Mumbai I drove the very next day to Goa and before reaching Pune I already had a puncture on the left front. That tyre has had multiple punctures since and during a road trip to Bangalore one of the other tyres had the infamous bulge. My car has completed 27k kms and both the tyres at the rear have lost their shape and I'm looking to change the whole set. I'm considering between the continental and bridgestone options since my usage includes 3-4 Mumbai-Goa drives a year, also the price difference between shops in Mumbai and Goa isn't much and both are around the 10.5k mark. What do you guys recommend?
Old 7th December 2021, 18:21   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Need some suggestions for the replacement for my Creta CRDi. It came with Goodyear Assurance which were OK to start with. One of them developed a bald patch and I am using that as a spare. Looking to replace with stock size 205/65R16.

I am looking at the following and open to Conti as well.
Yokohama Earth 1
Yokohama BluEarth RV02

Michellin PSTs are way about the budget at 9K+.

How is the price and performance of Continental UC6?
Finally got BluEarth GT AE01. The RV02 was out of stock in most place. A couple of shops had 2020 stock. So decided to go with BluEarth GT.

There is a world of difference in the way the car moves now. The body roll Creta is known for, has drastically reduced.

Lets see how it performs over a period of time.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 08:44   #70
Senior - BHPian

Just did a 750km drive on my new Yokohama Geolandar SUV tyres 235/60/16 and I can tell you its just fantastic! The Creta seems to sit more “squat” on the road and this offers great grip. The car now feels way more planted on the road at three digit speeds. The braking too has got better, seems to have lost a bit of nervousness that the car earlier had.

I’m yet to get a sense of the fuel efficiency drop, but the 1.6 diesel in the Creta is never known for great efficiency, my car used to deliver something like 14kmpl in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic and around 16 on the highways since I drive the car a bit more enthusiastically, always on the power band. So I wouldn’t mind if there is a drop of 1-2 kmpl.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 13:03   #71
BHPian

I have a query with regard to tyre rotation.

The stock tyres on my Creta SX+ have done around 38.5k kms and I have been doing four wheel rotation method since the spare wheel was of steel rim even though of the same size. Even with the 4 wheel rotation method there is enough tread to last for at least 8-10k kms more.

My concern is that the spare wheel is sitting unused for the past 4 years and will sit unused for its entire life and that will be absolute wastage. The method of swapping the tyre from spare to an alloy and vice versa at the time of tyre rotation is not appealing to me. The other option I'm considering is that to buy a new alloy from Hyundai ASS at Rs. 8600/- and put the spare tyre on it and do the 5 wheel rotation. This can be done as I go shopping for new tyres next time.

Right now due to a puncture, the unused spare is now doing duties as rear passenger wheel on an alloy and the 38.5k km old tyre is spare. My avg yearly running is around 7-8k kms so the current tyres might last max 1-1.5 years more. The spare will have most of its tread even then but it will be 5-6 years old then. Should I retain it as spare then or will it be sensible to go for 5 new tyres.

Also I need suggestions on new tyres. I want to keep the stock size of 205/65 R16. I'm eyeing Yoko Bluearth AE51. Requirements are tyre life, grip and less road noise. Suggestions please. Thank you.

Last edited by BLACNWYTE : 6th February 2022 at 13:06.
Old 12th February 2022, 18:14   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
I have a query with regard to tyre rotation.

The stock tyres on my Creta SX+ have done around 38.5k kms and I have been doing four wheel rotation method since the spare wheel was of steel rim even though of the same size. Even with the 4 wheel rotation method there is enough tread to last for at least 8-10k kms more.

My concern is that the spare wheel is sitting unused for the past 4 years and will sit unused for its entire life and that will be absolute wastage. The method of swapping the tyre from spare to an alloy and vice versa at the time of tyre rotation is not appealing to me. The other option I'm considering is that to buy a new alloy from Hyundai ASS at Rs. 8600/- and put the spare tyre on it and do the 5 wheel rotation. This can be done as I go shopping for new tyres next time.

Right now due to a puncture, the unused spare is now doing duties as rear passenger wheel on an alloy and the 38.5k km old tyre is spare. My avg yearly running is around 7-8k kms so the current tyres might last max 1-1.5 years more. The spare will have most of its tread even then but it will be 5-6 years old then. Should I retain it as spare then or will it be sensible to go for 5 new tyres.

Also I need suggestions on new tyres. I want to keep the stock size of 205/65 R16. I'm eyeing Yoko Bluearth AE51. Requirements are tyre life, grip and less road noise. Suggestions please. Thank you.
I upgraded my Creta tyres from the stock Goodyear to AE51 GT and happy with it. The sound has reduced and the car is much more planted. Its only 2 months so hoping they stay the same for a long time.
m8002? is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 21:15   #73
BHPian

Dear All

I am on a urgent lookout for a new set of tyres for my creta since i have just recently returned from a long highway trip(1300kms) and tyres are now in weird shape. The car is wobbling a lot. This was not the case prior to going on this trip. I have stock Good Year Assurance 205/65/r16 on MOMO Revenge Evo Concave Alloy wheels(details in pic) and have run about 55k kms which i think is good enough(Though i had a target to change them at 60k). Please help me out with the following queries - or whichever ones you can help with.

1)Since i had these alloy wheels which are 7.5 in width, i had this doubt always if 205/65/r16 is a good fit for them? can i go ahead with these again?
2) I have been suggested to upgrade to 225/60/r16 in case i want to and subsequently the tyre cost shall increase. Since i was ok with the ride and comfort offered by good year all this while, will it be a overspend? I mean, if 205 was ok, am i really missing something by not upgrading to 225?
3) Would 225/60/r16 harden the steering?
4) Would 225/60/r16 drop the mileage ?
5) If i am more inclined towards 205(basis its a YES to #1), does going for Michelin make a difference?
6) The current set -205 feels as if they don't adequately cover the rim(only slightly) and tyre side wall feels a little bulged/rounded and not flat for all 4 starting day 1 they were installed on the alloys, which i think does not look a OEM fitting-Refer pic attached(sorry for bad image as they were taken during night time), but does that also lead to any other safety issues ? I saw a video where two tyres of same sizes were put on the same set of alloy and one had this issue, while the other one did not? How can i cover this using 205s. Choosing a particular brand/tyre may help? I just want to avoid the round shape again
7) How does Bridgestone b390 compare to Michelin Primacy and Good Years ?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta: Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20220319-9.12.10-pm.jpeg  

Old 11th April 2022, 14:21   #74
BHPian

Requesting feedback on Michelin 4ST from folks who have 215/60R17 on their Creta.

Am planning to change my tyres as my existing ones (Good Year Assurance) is worse than a brick and has completed around 40k in around 5 yrs.

Appreciate your feedback
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 18:07   #75
BHPian

Hola

I recently moved from my Rapid (EOL 10 yrs) to a pre-owned 1.6 SX+ Petrol with the 215/60 R17 Bridgestones as stock. The vehicle has already done 45K on the odo and with one of tyres with a tube giving issues, I am now expedited into my decision of replacing the tyres.

Driving context
~250-300km/ week
Majorly on tarmac (as broken as it comes in HR26) with only an odd off-road excursion (where roads don’t exist)
Would like a comfort noise free ride over miles from the tyres

Any guidance on options in the stock size - some which are locally available are Conti CrossContacts/ Yoko Earth-1/ Yoko Blue-Earth/ good old Bridgestones

Would pull the trigger on this soon, have couple of reliable shops that I can get to

Last edited by gunner fan : 5th August 2022 at 18:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks