Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2020, 21:49   #91
anb
BHPian

Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Did anyone manage to purchase 2020 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 in the last two weeks in Bengaluru?

I have tried several dealers, but they have a few left over 2019 stock.

R17, 225/50
I couldn’t get the same tyre for 320d. So fitted Continental.
Old 12th November 2020, 22:10   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I could not even get any Michelin Energy tyres. The government ban has created a shortage
Ditto. Stupid rule, it's only causing a surge in the black market

India's present prohibition era is for tyres
Old 13th November 2020, 10:57   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
I couldn’t get the same tyre for 320d. So fitted Continental.
Ok, were these SportContact5

How do they compare to your OEM tyres in terms of high speed cornering/lane change and hard braking?

Lastly, how much are these per tyre, considering they are made locally in India
Old 4th December 2020, 12:14   #94
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

just wanted to findout the status of Michelin tyre availability in India. Im currently running the Micheline Pilot Sport 4 tyre in 225/45R17 and looking to replace.

Is the Pilot Sport 4s available in the same size and what is the price ?
Wouldn't mind upgrading to 235/45R17 but first preference is 225/45R17.

Cheers,

Last edited by ajmat : 5th December 2020 at 15:19. Reason: typo
Old 12th December 2020, 06:01   #95
BHPian

Cant seem to find Pilot Sport 4 anywhere in delhi/ncr. did manage to find Pilot Super Sports, but at 24k a piece, they seem quite expensive.

I'm looking for a staggered setup for 530d, 245/40 R18 and 275/40 R18. Basically need the fronts for now since the rears are new. Any leads would be appreciated.
amitverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 07:07   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
Cant seem to find Pilot Sport 4 anywhere in delhi/ncr. did manage to find Pilot Super Sports, but at 24k a piece, they seem quite expensive.

I'm looking for a staggered setup for 530d, 245/40 R18 and 275/40 R18. Basically need the fronts for now since the rears are new. Any leads would be appreciated.
Hi Amit, are these the Michelin PS4S? Frankly, 24K is not an bad price at all and the tyres are supposed to be much better than even the PS4. I'd suggest to go for it.
Old 20th December 2020, 21:16   #97
BHPian

Installed the Continental SportsContact 5 in R17, 225/50 on the 320d

I found the handling and grip levels similar to the stock Bridgestone Run flat tyres.

Did a recent 1,000 km trip covering highways and ghat roads. Car is running Steinbauer tuning box.

Hard cornering and braking was similar to OEM RFT tyres. I maintained tyre pressure of 34-35 PSI.

I hear the Michelin has better tyre life over Continental, have to see.

Price was 10,500/tyre at Tyre Professionals, Basvangudi, Bengaluru. I would recommend going for this instead of waiting for Michelin PS4
bharatbs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 11:45   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good to know your approving feedback. Have been hearing a lot about the UC6 series. Is the SC5 superior to it?
Old 21st December 2020, 12:18   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Have been hearing a lot about the UC6 series. Is the SC5 superior to it?
As per dealer and what I read online
Michelin Primacy ~ UC6
Michelin PS4 ~ SC5/6
bharatbs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 02:22   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Is Continental SportsContact 5 tubeless? If the grip and handling are similar to RFTs, why should one go for tubeless? I wouldn't want to give up the peace of mind RFTs offer if I'm not gaining anything on cornering front. Am I missing something here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi Amit, are these the Michelin PS4S? Frankly, 24K is not an bad price at all and the tyres are supposed to be much better than even the PS4. I'd suggest to go for it.
Yeah but these tyres come in sports/super cars. Seems like an overkill to be honest. From what I know PS4 should be in the range 14-15k. If I cant find any PS4's I'll think about going for the supersports.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd December 2020 at 10:06. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts, please also trim quoted posts. Thanks.
Old 23rd December 2020, 12:08   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
Is Continental SportsContact 5 tubeless? If the grip and handling are similar to RFTs, why should one go for tubeless? I wouldn't want to give up the peace of mind RFTs offer if I'm not gaining anything on cornering front. Am I missing something here?.
It is tubeless tyre and competes with PS4, you can refer the international reviews online. SC5 load and speed rating is 98W.

My tyres are showing 38 PSI after a long drive on the highway. Will reduce and see what happens.

In general they are almost as close as RFT in terms of cornering and high speed lane change at this PSI.

RFTs will offer more stability in the event of a tyre blow-out and you can of course drive at reduced speed even on a flat tyre. They will have stiffer ride but that helps in cornering.
Old 20th April 2021, 14:45   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Pilot Sport 4 is expected back in the Indian market in early May, albeit in limited sizes and quantities. Good time to check with your tyre dealer!

Also noted that the Michelin IN site also shows the Pilot Sports 4S (PS4S) as well in 18" & 19" Don't remember seeing them before:

https://www.michelin.in/auto/tyres/m...ot-super-sport

One advantage under the new import regime is that while the pool of tyres has indeed reduced, importers/suppliers will now have to provide official warranty and service as per the OEM manufacturer norms. Earlier, a lot of grey market tyres would be floating around on a no-warranty basis. That risky segment is expected to disappear I would imagine.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th April 2021 at 20:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 11:18   #103
BHPian

Finally managed to get Pilot Sport 4, 225/45/17, for my W204 C Class. Had pre-ordered 4 & got a call from the dealer yesterday. This is Saifee Tyres in Mumbai.
Old 28th May 2021, 16:37   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_blue View Post
Finally managed to get Pilot Sport 4, 225/45/17, for my W204 C Class. Had pre-ordered 4 & got a call from the dealer yesterday. This is Saifee Tyres in Mumbai.
Don't hey have Pilot Sport 4s? I'm bored of the pirelli Cinturato p7 rft.
Old 15th July 2021, 15:32   #105
BHPian

Hello Hello!

Update on my 205/50/R16 Pilot sport 4 ST's. It's been exactly 3 years since I got the tyres and they have covered ~13k during the tenure.

I had gone in for a routine wheel alignment; wheel balancing and tyre rotation service before the upcoming long weekend drive. To my surprise I noticed cracks on the wheels (these are prominent only on the outer side very few on the inner side of the tyre). I will let the pictures do the talking about the nature of the cracks.

I was suggested by my friend Trevor of Straight Line to change the tyres if I plan to do high speed runs in 3 digits.

Now at 13k and 3 years changing these tyres is one costly affair. They are excellent when it comes to grip and control, but the tyre life is a question mark. Has anyone else faced this issue ? Is this common in Michelin tyres or what could have been a cause for this ?

Please look at the tyre thread depth readings in the pic attached, the wear and tear seems normal. (Vento being a front wheel drive car; front tyres had more wear. After rotation these has been put in rear hence the reversed reading)

I can't fathom changing them so soon. Decided to stick to them for another 6m or 5K while keeping an eye on the cracks. I did speak to a gentleman at Premji tyres (Mahim) when i had a change of mind in between, they had these in stock for ~9K with DOT of 21, so good news for people who want to get them.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-pilot-sport-4_pic1.jpeg  

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-pilot-sport-4_pic2.jpeg  

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-pilot-sport-4_pic3.jpeg  

Last edited by Blackbolt : 15th July 2021 at 15:34.
Blackbolt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks