Team-BHP - The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/201146-michelin-primacy-4-now-available-india-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 4550535)
I still wish I got the Primacy as I wanted more life out of the tyres and had heard that the Primacy 4 has improved grip in wet. Sole reason for the PS3 was the size, I couldn't downsize for sure as I'm too comfortable with 225/50/16 & it's wetland grip. It's a wicked tyre but tad bit expensive for my aging Octy.

Adi, how much did you get them for and what is the manufacturing date?

12500/- per piece as mentioned before, they're manufactured in end March 2018.

Got the tyres changed to Michelin P4ST's (195/60/R15) from Madhus Enterprises, Bengaluru. Costed me Rs.6880/- (Including Wheel Alignment, Wheel Balancing) tyre since I paid through card. And it was 0% EMI. Through cash I was offered Rs.6500/-(Excluding Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing).

Initial impression,
1) The steering is a lot more lighter compared to the Apollo Acelere.

2) Steering is a lot more responsive.

3) Super silent. Only the engine noise is heard.

4) Excellent grip while cornering.

5) Ride quality is smoother.

The PS4's are definitely harder than the usually Michelins is what I felt.

Only drawback - Every thud sound on the bad roads are felt compared to Aceleres. The PSi is 33 on all four tyres. Should I reduce the PSi?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flash (Post 4550848)
Got the tyres changed to Michelin PS4's (195/60/R15) from Madhus Enterprises, Bengaluru. Costed me Rs.6880/-

Did you get PS4's or Primacy 4ST?

I thought Pilot Sport 4 (PS4) starts from size 16" onwards.

I understand that 205/55/16 has been launched in P4ST now. Price is similar to P3ST at ~9k.

Anyone tried this particular size yet? Pictures would be nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigy07 (Post 4552210)
Did you get PS4's or Primacy 4ST?

I thought Pilot Sport 4 (PS4) starts from size 16" onwards.

Oops, sorry mate. My bad. Everytime PS4 comes to my mind somehow:Frustrati

And yes I did buy the P4ST.

I got Primacy 4s yesterday, tyres manufactured in Nov 2018. Cost me 8,300INR/tyre in Chennai. I have not driven much yet, but the initial impressions are a lot better than the JK Elanzos that came with the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4552618)
I understand that 205/55/16 has been launched in P4ST now. Price is similar to P3ST at ~9k.

Anyone tried this particular size yet? Pictures would be nice.

Would also be interested in opinions as I am looking at a set for my 2017 Octy.

please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjeev911 (Post 4556632)
Would also be interested in opinions as I am looking at a set for my 2017 Octy.

please:

I suggest if you get them just go for them! Michelin is usually very thorough with testing and the P4ST will only be an improvement on the P3ST. Let us know how it goes.

Courtesy Nikhil of Madhu's: Primacy 4 ST in 205/55/R16

Is this available in 215/50R17? I am thinking of upgrading my EcoSport's tyres from 205/50 R17 to 215/50.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4556683)
I suggest if you get them just go for them! Michelin is usually very thorough with testing and the P4ST will only be an improvement on the P3ST. Let us know how it goes.

I'll keep you posted. Must be with them by end of the month. Thank You for the pictures!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4556683)

B/w, I have been a Michelin user since 2000s, & a big fan. I never ever recommend another brand to someone! It has been already a week on NCT5s & I feel a lot of tyre noise going past 80 kmph, & the feel over potholes isn't that great either. My car has done 6500km in two years, & in terms of life the NCT5s have a lot left, but not so much in terms of comfort or refinement!

I just fitted the Michelin Primacy 4s last weekend, & the ride has completely changed on my Octavia. I am on a long drive now to Pune & I can feel the change in tyre noise! Ride quality has also improved, but I still miss the Laura's superior suspension as compared to the Octavia TDI's downgraded suspension!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flash (Post 4550848)
The PS4's are definitely harder than the usually Michelins is what I felt.

I changed the 205/55/R15 MC5s in my Polo GT TSi to 195/60/R15 Michelin P4STs. The MC5s had become unbearably noisy. A very close friend of mine had given be similar feedback that P4STs are a little stiffer than the P3STs, and the tire dealer confirmed that Michelin has made the sidewalls stiffer to reduce side wall failures in Indian roads. My first preference was to go with P3STs. However, the dealer confirmed that there are no more stocks of P3STs available. So went with P4STs.

I totally agree with your observations. The road noise has become zero. Though the ride comfort has improved a lot compared to the MC5s, it is not as smooth and soft like the P3STs. Still haven't got a chance to test the grip in the corners.

Overall, initial impression is quite good. Hope the tires perform well over long term. Fingers crossed.

Michelin Primacy 4ST is available at Premji Tyres,Thane in 205/50R17