Team-BHP - The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/201146-michelin-primacy-4-now-available-india-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by graaja (Post 4707608)
Not sure about Civic though. What was the original size that came in the car?

195/65/15.

I'm considering this OE size P4ST for the Civic. Is anyone using it ?

Wondering in ref to the Mini Cooper.
I have 205/55/16 size tubeless tyres on it.
Whether it is possible to use a size larger or not? If yes, then what size?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 4707837)
195/65/15.

I'm considering this OE size P4ST for the Civic. Is anyone using it ?

That makes two of us. I'm in the same boat. Looks like there's not much other choice. I've been told the new Yoko Blue Eart are also good. Any feedback on those ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by revvhed (Post 4708064)
That makes two of us. I'm in the same boat. Looks like there's not much other choice. I've been told the new Yoko Blue Eart are also good. Any feedback on those ?

True. Not much choice.

I've made pretty poor choices with tyres for my Civic over the years. Hence the reluctance to experiment further. I'm looking at the best possible OE spec tyre. And I suspect the P4STs are better than the Yokos. Did you get any quote for the 195/65/15s ?

Should have stuck to the MXV8s the car came with :)

Can we import tyres directly? Michelin doesn't have 19 inch tyres, and they don't have any facility to import on behalf of customers.

Is there any other good options for 235/45/R19?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 4708692)

Should have stuck to the MXV8s the car came with :)

Man those were awesome tyres. I wish they were still available .
Looks like I'm going to go in for thr P4ST. Haven't got a quote yet. Will check and let you know.

S Cross is now on Primacy 4ST.

Was on 3ST ( till ~ 52k km) but changed it owing to a nasty puncture ( was running on a hot patch job since Jun-19) and had an out station trip.

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-3.png

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-7.png

Name:  4.PNG
Views: 2883
Size:  621.7 KB

Name:  5.PNG
Views: 2892
Size:  629.2 KB

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-6.png

The Goodyear Assurances on my Ford Ecosport has completed almost 47k KMs and are pretty much done. Before the next trip to Bangalore, I intend to upgrade the full set. The first choice was obviously the Micheline Primacy 4ST, but being relatively new in the market, I am slightly apprehensive about the splurge. Any Ecosport owners here sporting the Primacy 4ST?? Would love to hear your feedback.

I slapped a set on my Jetta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4718200)

Was on 3ST ( till ~ 52k km) but changed it owing to a nasty puncture ( was running on a hot patch job since Jun-19) and had an out station trip.

What was the cost of the tires? I checked in Chennai a few days back and the shop was quoting 7800 /- per tire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doo_Dev (Post 4719844)
What was the cost of the tires? I checked in Chennai a few days back and the shop was quoting 7800 /- per tire.

I got these for ₹ 7600/ tyre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4718200)

Excellent tyre and price! Do post a quick review once the running-in period is over. I am eyeing a replacement for my 205/55/16 P3STs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4719894)
I got these for ₹ 7600/ tyre.

I got same size for 6800 per tyre for a set of 5 months back.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4624740

Installed these on my Baleno.

Please note the 205/55 R16s are way more expensive than 205/60 R16s, almost by Rs.1000 difference per tyre, at least in Bombay last week. So much so, the dealer suggested Contis. Anyway, went ahead. Costed me 8.3k per tyre inclusive of alignment/balancing/premium valves/Nitrogen/Swiss army freebie bag plus 2k buyback (20k done Apollos)

Obviously, ride quality etc improved quite a bit. Haven't driven much yet, but hand to heart, I can't really find a drastic improvement over MRF Perfinzas in my other car. At least, not yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_himan (Post 4721023)
Please note the 205/55 R16s are way more expensive than 205/60 R16s, almost by Rs.1000 difference per tyre, at least in Bombay last week.

Haven't driven much yet, but hand to heart, I can't really find a drastic improvement over MRF Perfinzas in my other car. At least, not yet.

I understand lower the sidewall more the production & technological cost.

Interesting to know your comparo with the Perfinzas. Do keep us updated!