Team-BHP - The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/201146-michelin-primacy-4-now-available-india-6.html)

New set of shoes for my Scross. It was running on the stock jk elanzos so far. At 35k on the odo the stock tyres had more or less turned into bullock cart wooden wheels. I was willing to go a little further on them but too many punctures in the last couple of months hastened the tyre change. Michelins were always hailed here on tbhp and among friends on whatsapp. Last year when I checked, the previous gen P3STs were being sold at quite a steep price. After reading bhpian Nikhilb’s post about the MRF Perfinzas I had decided to opt for them instead of Michelins. But yesterday a dealer near my home offered a decent deal on the P4ST so I took it.
Total paid for 4 tyres, 4 replacement valve stems, minus cost of old tyres- 29k
Per tyre- 7.6k
Valves- 150 per piece
Old tyre buyback per tyre- 500
Fitment, WB/WA(roadforce)- free

First 120Kms highway + city run- excellent road feedback, steering feels a bit lighter. Minor bumps and potholes feel less sharp now. Profound reduction in noise since I am coming from the Elanzos. Haven’t tested any braking. But highspeed character is so calm and confident. With family on board we realized it was easier to have a conversation now while cruising at 120.

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-4df8d135597f4b84a2f065d98ed43098.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaunthead (Post 4632825)
Per tyre- 7.6k
Valves- 150 per piece
[/ATTACH]

Could you provide the details of the dealer. The buyback offered for the existing tire seems to be very good - I will note it down for future use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4636889)
Could you provide the details of the dealer. The buyback offered for the existing tire seems to be very good - I will note it down for future use.

PMd you the details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaunthead (Post 4638078)
PMd you the details.

Could you please post it here directly so that it would help me and other members?
7.6k for 205/60-16 is great price and I too would like to grab a set (205/55) from the same store if the pricing is similar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaunthead (Post 4632825)
New set of shoes for my Scross. But yesterday a dealer near my home offered a decent deal on the P4ST so I took it.
Total paid for 4 tyres, 4 replacement valve stems, minus cost of old tyres- 29k
Per tyre- 7.6k
Valves- 150 per piece

First 120Kms highway + city run- excellent road feedback, steering feels a bit lighter. Minor bumps and potholes feel less sharp now. Profound reduction in noise since I am coming from the Elanzos. Haven’t tested any braking. But highspeed character is so calm and confident. With family on board we realized it was easier to have a conversation now while cruising at 120.

Attachment 1902518

This is a great deal, especially the buy back for the old elanzos. I had to pay 8.3k/tyre here in Chennai, inclusive of the buy back and all the other associated tasks like WA/WB. And compared to the Elanzos, the road noise is very very low. The steering feel is good too!

Alright since folks are interested, here it is-

A1 Tyre World (sri mukambika enterprises)
Address: BM Arcade, Kadugodi to Hoskote Main Road, Near HDFC Bank, Belthur, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560067
Phone: 094800 38222
Owner name- Praveen

Mods please remove this if it's against the forum rules. Thanks.

My one month old Primacy 4ST of Honda City (195/60/R15) got punctured by a bone almost near the sidewall. It has been repaired by the local puncture guy, but I'm apprehensive of using it due to the location of puncture.

I need advice if this is usable or should I invest in new one.

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_2686.jpg

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_2687.jpg

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_2685.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozhissery (Post 4638801)
I need advice if this is usable or should I invest in new one.

That plug won't stay, it can give up anytime. I have experienced the same. You can get this tyre fixed using hot patch method. Ideally you should go for a new tyre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4638828)
That plug won't stay, it can give up anytime. I have experienced the same. You can get this tyre fixed using hot patch method. Ideally you should go for a new tyre.

Thanks a lot. I took the tire to the shop from where I had got it. As per the tire guy the damage is not significant and can be fixed using hot patch. He even mentioned that, had it been another inch down then the tire would have become useless. So gave the tire and should be getting back tomorrow (keeping my fingers crossed for the feedback once the the tire is deflated and inspected inside by the guy)

I had my first puncture today, caused by a nail. Close to the sidewall but thankfully not on it. Was fixed with a usual strip from the outside. One advantage of the Elanzos that I had previously was that they were as hard as a rock, bulletproof. No nail ever got through in the 32k KMS I drove them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4636889)

How can you call this a good deal ? I got my 205/60/R16 for 6800 per tyre without any buyback ! More details on the post below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samfromindia (Post 4624746)
Finally replaced my Ecosport's tyre with 4ST !

More info on this thread here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4624740

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samfromindia (Post 4640547)
How can you call this a good deal ? I got my 205/60/R16 for 6800 per tyre without any buyback ! More details on the post below.

I was referring to only the price offered for the older tires - not the price of the new tire. I did not know where to sell my older tires and gave away for a very low price in comparison to the Rs.500 per tire which OP got. Hope this clarifies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4640888)
I was referring to only the price offered for the older tires - not the price of the new tire. I did not know where to sell my older tires and gave away for a very low price in comparison to the Rs.500 per tire which OP got. Hope this clarifies.

I believe this offer will only be applicable when you are paying 800rs extra per tyre in first place and 100rs extra on valves :uncontrol

Anyways my old tyres were 68k run and they said you can keep them. I kept the spare as memento and left the remaining 4 with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samfromindia (Post 4640902)
I believe this offer will only be applicable when you are paying 800rs extra per tyre in first place and 100rs extra on valves :uncontrol

Initially they quoted Rs.150 per valve and said its a good quality valve but in the end they did not charge me for it.

On a separate topic any idea how do we register for the Michelin Online Warranty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4638828)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozhissery (Post 4639058)
Thanks a lot. I took the tire to the shop from where I had got it. As per the tire guy the damage is not significant and can be fixed using hot patch. He even mentioned that, had it been another inch down then the tire would have become useless.

GTI's both left tyres suffered similar (or worse) puncture on the way to Ratnagiri when the left went over a deep pothole. Front left tyre lost air a good 100km after the incident. Being a remote interior place, found a puncture shop who was kind enough to plug it. After reaching Ratnagiri, the rear left lost air next morning. The puncture shop suggested hot plug for both tyres which I went ahead with. It's been 1000km since and both are holding well.

Here is the puncture spot (exactly same spot on both tyres):
The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-gti_puncture_hotpatch_2.jpg