Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2018, 13:07   #16
BANNED

Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Yes, should be available. Swapped mine a while back.
Manufactured on the week of 16th July 2018.
Please share your initial experience with these tires.
Old 16th October 2018, 21:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binod049 View Post
Thanks! Pitstop Sanjay Nagar were able to arrange it for me. Will be in installing it today on my Polo. I hope 195/60/R15 is the right choice.
Yes, this is the best one suggested to me by few of our Bhpians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Please share your initial experience with these tires.
It is too early to say anything as I have done little less than 500 Km's as on today, will be doing a 1500 Km's over the weekend and will make a post here then.
I have used Primacy 3ST on our other vehicle for 40K Km's so I think I should be able to do justice while comparing.

Cheers
treadmark is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 19:26   #18

Got the Michelin Primacy 4 (195/60/R15) installed on my Polo this afternoon. Costed me 6,800/Tyre. I wasn't charged extra for Installation/Balancing/Wheel Alignment. Ride back home felt comfortable yet little bumpy on bad roads. They filled 33-PSI of N2 and I am suspecting that could be the reason. I am planning to lower it to 31-PSI. Thoughts?

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_0058-3.jpg

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_0059.jpg

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_0068.jpg
binod049 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 16:47   #19
BHPian

Got the 195 60 R 15 Primacy 4 ST 88v for my Honda Jazz (@89k kms) last weekend from 'Siremull Hirachand's Tyrestore', Chennai. Quote - Rs.27260/-. Apparantly Michelin has a 3/6 month EMI offer without any additional charge.
I got debit for this amount and in 2 days got the credit back. Expected to be charged in my Credit Card from next month !. Seems to be a good option.

Last was Primacy 3 changed @48k kms.

From the day i changed to new tyres, the road seems to be too smooth !. Could sense a great difference in Noise level reduction. And driving in rain (yes. chennai got some shower in the last 2 days) seems to be fun. Definitely, there are some fine tuning done between P3 & P4. Good job.
gjiyap1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 17:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
Got the 195 60 R 15 Primacy 4 ST 88v for my Honda Jazz (@89k kms) last weekend from 'Siremull Hirachand's Tyrestore', Chennai. Quote - Rs.27260/-. Apparently Michelin has a 3/6 month EMI offer without any additional charge.
Interesting - the Michelin India website does not seem updated yet to include Primacy 4. [URL]. Also is it called Primacy 4 ST or just Primacy 4? Good to know that this is already available although I don't these being sold by the online e-tailers like Amazon as yet.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 1st November 2018 at 17:06.
Old 18th November 2018, 01:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I have used Primacy 3ST on our other vehicle for 40K Km's so I think I should be able to do justice while comparing.
As per their official release statement, the main improvement of this tyre over previous version (3ST) is improved performance when worn out. So i guess it will behave similar to 3ST when new and will degrade more gracefully than its older brother.

https://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michelin-primacy-4
Old 18th November 2018, 07:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Not sure why they removed the ST suffix. ST meant silence turned or summer touring ? If it meant silence tuned , does it mean Primacy 4 is tuned for longevity than silence.

Will 3ST be retained or will it discontinued ?

Could you someone share some feedback ?
Old 18th November 2018, 09:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Not sure why they removed the ST suffix. ST meant silence turned or summer touring ? If it meant silence tuned , does it mean Primacy 4 is tuned for longevity than silence.

Will 3ST be retained or will it discontinued ?

Could you someone share some feedback ?
As per the dealer I spoke to the ST badging is there on the Primacy 4 as well and ST stands for "Silence Tuned". It seems to be there on the pictures shared on this thread earlier also - refer below:

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_0058-3.jpg
"ST" badging is moved down?

In Bangalore, I got a quote for Rs.6,700 per tire when I checked a few days back.

Here is a video about the Michelin Primacy 4

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 18th November 2018 at 09:10.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 07:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Interesting, could someone confirm if the sidewalls have this ST branding ? The video also talks only about longevity without mentioning silence even once.
Old 19th November 2018, 08:43   #25
BANNED

I believe the "ST" badging is just specific to the primacy products sold in South East Asia and doesn't necessarily represent the feature set of the tyres.
Old 29th November 2018, 07:49   #26
BHPian

Hi All,

Other than the 195/60 R15 88V posted here, any clue on what other sizes of Primacy 4 are stocked by dealers?

As @vsrivatsa mentioned - India website shows only 3ST unfortunately so a quick size guide, if possible, would be really useful.
Old 2nd January 2019, 15:22   #27
BHPian

Re: Michelin Primacy 4 ST Tyres

I recently upgraded my Hyundai Fluidic Verna 4S's tyres to Michelin P4ST 205/55 R16. Checked with a couple of Verna owners on team-bhp first, whether the upsizing had any issues, and received no negative feedback from any of them.

Went to Madhus and they had stocks for both P3ST and P4ST, priced the same. According to them, they had received very good feedback on the P3STs from their customers, and expected the newly launched P4STs to be better. So took the plunge and went for P4STs. This is what I observed after about 1500 Kms:

Noise: Quite silent. My older stock tyres were making a racket above 80Kmph, and the P3STs are very silent. At much higher speeds, I couldn't really make out whether the noise was from the tyres or the wind.

Steering feel: Almost the same. The older tyres had made the steering quite tight. The new tyres brought it back to stock form. Unfortunately, there is no improvement in high speed feedback. The steering still is a little vague at unmentionable speeds.

Ride and handling: Ride is much better. The older tyres were harsh on bridge/concrete joints and potholes, the P4STs are are much much better. The handling seems a little better too.

Dry grip: No change

Wet grip: Excellent. Had to break suddenly once on a slippery downhill slope + curve, and instinctively I expected a skid and the ABS kicking in, but was extremely happy and relieved when neither happened.

Do note that some of the negatives of the stock tyres could have been due to them being older. Especially the steering becoming tighter.
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:17   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
I recently upgraded my Hyundai Fluidic Verna 4S's tyres to Michelin P4ST 205/55 R16.
Didn't even know that the P4ST was available in 205/55/16. Last time I checked the BLR dealers + Michelin website, only 205/50/ZR16 was indicated and that too with very limited stocks.

https://www.michelin.in/auto/tyres/pilot-sport-4

I bought a set of P3STs a few months back for my Octy.

Last edited by itwasntme : 3rd January 2019 at 10:22.
Old 4th January 2019, 09:19   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Didn't even know that the P4ST was available in 205/55/16. Last time I checked the BLR dealers + Michelin website, only 205/50/ZR16 was indicated and that too with very limited stocks.

https://www.michelin.in/auto/tyres/pilot-sport-4

I bought a set of P3STs a few months back for my Octy.
I think you're mixing up Primacy 3 ST and Primacy 4 ST with Pilot Sport 3 and Pilot Sport 4, respectively . They are completely different families.

Michelin India still does not mention Primacy 4 ST in their website, which is really strange.
PearlJam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 11:49   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
I think you're mixing up Primacy 3 ST and Primacy 4 ST with Pilot Sport 3 and Pilot Sport 4, respectively . They are completely different families.

Michelin India still does not mention Primacy 4 ST in their website, which is really strange.
Not my first time, thanks for pointing out. After roughly 4k km, I am reasonably happy with the P3STs but feel i should gone for a more sporty compound like the PS3 or PS4 and/or an upsize. Unfortunately, the PS3 was almost unavailable in 225/50/16 (upsize) and neither was the P4ST / PS4 around then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks