Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2020, 12:00   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Based on some other threads on this forum, I was under the impression that it is advisable to change tires every 6 years irrespective of the tread/usage. This 10 years seems new to me - is it really safe to use Michelin Tires for 10 years?
Well, I too recall reading 7 years on the Michelin India website when I purchased my car tyres (P3ST). But obviously something has changed possibly the raw materials and design that lead to a longer service life. So, IMHO the answer for new or current production batches is 10 years. For older batches say >2 years old manufactured in 2017 or earlier stick to the 7 year cycle because we are not sure when Michelin changed their advisory.

DBHPian nikhilb2008 may be able to weigh in with his thoughts on this from an tyre industry professional's point of view.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 14:10   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

I have the Michelin Primacy 4 ST on the Linea in 205/55 R16 size. It has clocked about 14000 odd kms and looks absolutely fine. Have crashed into innumerable potholes and luckily the sidewall has not given up the ghost. One thing I noticed is that 4ST is slightly noisier than the 3ST.
Old 30th January 2020, 07:36   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Michelin recommends replacing the tyres when the tread wear indicator is visible or every 10 years whichever is earlier. How long does a tyre last?
That is unusual to be honest. Most tyre companies just want to promote more sales, so I was expecting them to revise it downwards!

I think like mentioned above, maybe there have been some changes and improvements in the materials used in manufacture of rubber, so Michelin is confident.

Personally, that is out of my comfort zone. If I see a 6 year old tyre on a friend's car, I will suggest a change.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 07:00   #139
BHPian

Hi, I’m getting an innova crysta 2.8 ZX with Bridgestone turanza. 215/55/r17, wondering if I should change to Michelin primacy 4st, would like to stick to stock size.
Old 12th February 2020, 22:15   #140

Re: Michelin Primacy 4 ST Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
Hi,
[...]I am changing the tires on my verna fluidic soon. Will go for 195/55/16 size. [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
[...] Unfortunately you won't get this in 195/55 R16. [...]

Just wanted to update that I spotted 195/55 R16 (91V) as an available size for Primacy 4 ST at the Michelin India website.

(https://www.michelin.in/auto/tyres/m...n-primacy-4-st)

This feels as good news for the i20 Asta, top-variant Verna, Baleno and Polo (and maybe more models, I'm not sure).
AravindJose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 18:40   #141
BHPian

Quote:
I recently upgraded to the Michelin Primacy 4ST and extremely happy with switch to Primacy.
Hello sir,

Any update on the tires? I am looking for tire change and considering these tires but i am concerned about the sidewall damage considering soft compound tire.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd July 2020, 21:00   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav96 View Post
Any update on the tires? I am looking for tire change and considering these tires but i am concerned about the sidewall damage considering soft compound tire.
It has been smooth sailing with the tires since purchase and very happy with the performance of these. My usage is primarily on good roads with tarmac and dont see a problem with the sidewall. Not much driving post April due to the current Covid scenario though.
Old 19th December 2020, 09:47   #143
Senior - BHPian

Is the Primacy 4ST available anymore at all? I am hearing that most people are finding it difficult to source these now due to the import policy.

In the meanwhile I am recommending MRF Perfinza's for people who ask me for recommendations among the Indian brands.
Old 20th December 2020, 01:18   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is the Primacy 4ST available anymore at all? I am hearing that most people are finding it difficult to source these now due to the import policy.
No fresh imports yet. I managed to find March 2020 make 205/60 R16 tires in Mangalore today. I doubt any dealers in big cities have them in stock.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 15:04   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
True. Not much choice.

I've made pretty poor choices with tyres for my Civic over the years. Hence the reluctance to experiment further. I'm looking at the best possible OE spec tyre. And I suspect the P4STs are better than the Yokos. Did you get any quote for the 195/65/15s ?

Should have stuck to the MXV8s the car came with
I did get a set of Michelin P4STs for the Civic. Stock 195/65/14. Excellent tyres.

After many many years, I'm again having fun driving the car. Steering feels so precise. Very low noise and the car feels so sure footed.
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 12:45   #146
BHPian

Quote:

In the meanwhile I am recommending MRF Perfinza's for people who ask me for recommendations among the Indian brands.
Hi. I've been waiting patiently for a set of Primacy 4STs for my Civic. Dealers in Mumbai say still no stock available. Any news on when to expect some new stock to arrive ? @ Nikhilb2008 and other resident tyre gurus .. some insider info will be highly appreciated.
Old 24th January 2021, 20:38   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hi. I've been waiting patiently for a set of Primacy 4STs for my Civic. Dealers in Mumbai say still no stock available. Any news on when to expect some new stock to arrive ? @ Nikhilb2008 and other resident tyre gurus .. some insider info will be highly appreciated.
I was hoping to change my car's P3ST tyres (7+ years old!) in Sept but the dealer told me to hold off till Feb/March. But with Michelin only importing limited quantities I am seriously considering Yokohama, Continental or Bridgestone now. Can't postpone this much longer.
Old 24th January 2021, 21:11   #148
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, the P3ST quality is irreplaceable. The plush ride, the silence, is unmatched. I'll wait for those Michelins
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I was hoping to change my car's P3ST tyres (7+ years old!) in Sept but the dealer told me to hold off till Feb/March. But with Michelin only importing limited quantities I am seriously considering Yokohama, Continental or Bridgestone now. Can't postpone this much longer.

Last edited by Sebring : 24th January 2021 at 21:29.
Old 24th January 2021, 21:27   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Frankly, the P3ST quality is irreplaceable. The plush ride, the silence is unmatched. I'll wait for those Michelins
I agree! I don't want anything else other than factory stock 195/65 R15 P4STs to replace my current set. My current tyres are in perfect shape with no cracks even minor ones anywhere on the treads or sidewalls.

Thing is, I am more than a bit wary dragging this on too much longer especially for long distance highway travel which of course has been curtailed severely first due to COVID and now due to the old tyres. The car has literally been unused in the past 12 months.

What bothers me most is the safety angle. A new set of Yokos, Bridgestone or Contis would be safer by comparison. If I go in for one of these it'll only be because I have no choice. It's always been Michelin for me since 2010 but this time around this short sighted Govt. policy leaves me with very little choice.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 13:00   #150
BHPian

So I'm not alone then ..
@ R2D2 - I'm in exactly the same boat as you, only, my current Yoko's are in REALLY bad shape. I'm wondering now whether to opt for a set of "second hand" tyres for a bit until the Michelins become available again. Unnecessary additional expense with the already significant cost of replacing all the tyres. What to do ? What to do ?
Yewwww Hewwwww @Nikhilb2008 .. help .. please ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks