Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2022, 11:34   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowgandh.Bellam View Post
The dealer I purchased it from is Tyre Empire Bangalore. However I have moved permanently to Shivamogga (300Km from Bangalore). Can I reach out to any nearby authorised Michelin dealer or am I required to go to the dealer I purchased from?
Yes you can show it to the nearest Authorized Michelin Dealer in Shivamogga.

Dealer may act a bit unfriendly since he has not sold the tyre and end gain in the replacement of one tyre he may not get much commission.

But still push for filling a complaint with Michelin.

Quote:
So Michelin is going to deny my warranty claim anyway. Just tell me in percentage terms the probability of Michelin honouring warranty if you can sir. Then I'll take a call on whether it was even worth pursuing. Thank you.
50:50

You will need to replace that tyre anyways.

Either you may get a new tyre 100% Free of cost

or

Get 50% Goodwill Warranty on new tyre.

else

You will end up paying 100% out of your own pocket.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 17:39   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It seems that the tread has been cut entirely. I feel tyre replacement is necessary but not sure about warranty. Kindly advice on what should be my next action.
Apart from the other comments above, needless to say do not use the tyre any more. Change to your spare. It can blow out anytime!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 22:01   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Apart from the other comments above, needless to say do not use the tyre any more. Change to your spare. It can blow out anytime!
Sure sir. Unfortunately spare tyre is of size 205/60R16 which is one of the relatively less worn tyre of previous set. I upsized to 215/60R16 last time. I did not get an upsized tyre as a spare as 5 tyre rotation is cumbersome and the tyre will be lying unused. So I got a puncture kit and a good tyre inflator and called it a day(Also tried to save some moolah in the process ).

The height difference(diameter) between them is 12mm which is a 1.84% difference. I hope it won't affect the dynamics nor it will put too much stress on other suspension components. If it does, please let me know as I'm about to do 500Km+ on this setup and will change my plans depending on your suggestions. I will be giving the damaged tyre to the Authorised dealer for inspection as directed by Michelin consumer care.
Old 16th December 2022, 23:38   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Sure sir. Unfortunately spare tyre is of size 205/60R16 which is one of the relatively less worn tyre of previous set. I upsized to 215/60R16 last time. I did not get an upsized tyre as a spare as 5 tyre rotation is cumbersome and the tyre will be lying unused.
Do you rotate your tyres yourself or let the tyre dealer / workshop do it ? If latter the 5 tyre rotation will hardly take 10 mins more every 6-12 months as a part of your rotation cycle. Doing this for last 8+ yrs without any fuss.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 22:05   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Do you rotate your tyres yourself or let the tyre dealer / workshop do it ? If latter the 5 tyre rotation will hardly take 10 mins more every 6-12 months as a part of your rotation cycle. Doing this for last 8+ yrs without any fuss.

Of course the workshop does it. But at every point of time after the first rotation, one tyre will be less worn than the other three. I don't know why but I am not mentally comfortable with that asymmetry even though most probably I wouldn't find any perceptible difference.

I am attaching some more pics of the tyre. Can somebody point out what object could've caused this damage.
Attached Thumbnails
The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-pixlr_20221217220342929.jpg  

Old 19th January 2023, 06:51   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
On some other Thread I have described what I’ve done for my Dads Glanza. We first put Yoko Earth. Then we changed over to MRF Perfinzas. The Perfinzas are soft, grippy, provide excellent dry and wet braking and are a worthy tyre as a replacement to Michelins.
Hi, I’m looking to replace stock ceat securadrive tyres on my Virtus GT straight out of the showroom.

Michelin PS4s being offered are 1.5 yrs old so won’t be going for those. Would MRF Perfinzas be a worthy choice? Tyre size is 205/55/R16.
TheFonz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 07:40   #247
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
Hi, I’m looking to replace stock ceat securadrive tyres on my Virtus GT straight out of the showroom.

Michelin PS4s being offered are 1.5 yrs old so won’t be going for those. Would MRF Perfinzas be a worthy choice? Tyre size is 205/55/R16.
Absolutely. MRF Perfinzas are definitely a worthy choice. My Dad did a trip to Mysore and back last weekend on the new Expressway. He reiterated that he was extremely happy with the performance of the Perfinzas in terms of feel, grippiness, silent drive and braking effect. In fact when my existing Michelin Pilot Sports become worn, I ll move to Perfinzas for my Mini Cooper.
The Perfinzas on my Dad’s Glanza are the same - size 205/55/16. And the Michelins on my Cooper are also the same size.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 19th January 2023 at 07:41.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 11:42   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Michelin PS4s being offered are 1.5 yrs old so won’t be going for those. Tyre size is 205/55/R16.
Surprised to hear PS4 is 1.5 years old. Make a few more calls to reputed shops? I thought the tyre drought was long over especially for such fast-moving sizes.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 11:45   #249
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Surprised to hear PS4 is 1.5 years old. Make a few more calls to reputed shops? I thought the tyre drought was long over especially for such fast-moving sizes.
There is indeed a drought of high-end imported tyres for these 15-16-17 size rims. Its only the 18 size onwards which get a more relaxed treatment by GOI.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 14:49   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Absolutely. MRF Perfinzas are definitely a worthy choice. My Dad did a trip to Mysore and back last weekend on the new Expressway. He reiterated that he was extremely happy with the performance of the Perfinzas in terms of feel, grippiness, silent drive and braking effect. In fact when my existing Michelin Pilot Sports become worn, I ll move to Perfinzas for my Mini Cooper.
The Perfinzas on my Dad’s Glanza are the same - size 205/55/16. And the Michelins on my Cooper are also the same size.
Thanks, I’m getting a quote for NOV ‘22 DOT Perfinza for replacement with my ceat securadrive of 15K. Do you suggest it’s a good deal ? The securadrives would be from my car and straight out of the dealership with a minimal run.
TheFonz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 11:40   #251
BHPian

Thanks for your valuable inputs, I rang up around 10 tyre stores and none of them could offer Michelins in the size 205/55/R16. I went ahead with the MRF Perfinza’ and am loving it.
Old 25th January 2023, 14:12   #252
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for your valuable inputs, I rang up around 10 tyre stores and none of them could offer Michelins in the size 205/55/R16. I went ahead with the MRF Perfinza’ and am loving it.
Am happy that you’re happy.
I think it is a good thing that our respected Indian Companies are coming up with such good alternatives to ‘Phoren’ Imports.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 22:29   #253
BANNED

I'm not sure why Michelin is considered a brand in India. In reality their tyre cracked in 4months. And they are not accepting it.

My warrenty claim has been rejected without any valid reason. Please check images on this post is it unclear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu_hs View Post
I had very bad experience with Michelin, they do not accept that their tire cracked in just 4months.

See the pictures, they rejected my warranty claim

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-20230309_180620.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-20230311_113159.jpg  

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-20230311_113148.jpg  

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-screenshot_20230311_222739_acrobat-samsung.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th March 2023 at 19:55.
Old 14th March 2023, 19:55   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
I'm not sure why Michelin is considered a brand in India. In reality their tyre cracked in 4months. And they are not accepting it.
Can you share more info on when, where and how this happened? Is this after hitting a pot hole?
Old 15th March 2023, 00:29   #255
BANNED

Sir I'm driving a SUV and if SUV tire cracks on potholes then Michelin should not claim that this is SUV tire.

BTW there have been no unusual incident, I have more than one car and I live in city. I do not go for deliberate offroading.

It is manufacturing defect. I'm just sharing my views it is upto individuals to accept or ignore. I bought from Ashoka wheels hyderabad. Now they are simply denying the warranty claim with biased analysis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks