Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2018, 23:17   #1
BHPian
 
sidhu_hs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hisar
Posts: 106
Thanked: 259 Times
Default The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu_hs View Post
Michelin has revealed the next generation Primacy 4.
Link

Quote:
July 6, 2018

Michelin has just officially launched the Michelin Primacy 4 for the ASEAN region here in Pattaya, Thailand.

All Michelin Primacy 4 tyres are imported from Thailand and carry the “ST” print on the side wall to denote that these tyres are made for the ASEAN region.
sidhu_hs is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 07:29   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,141
Thanked: 8,326 Times
Default Re: Michelin Primacy 3 ST Tyres launched in India

Before people start asking....

NO, it is not available in India.

No, there are no reports or rumours or news of it coming anytime soon. Michelin is continuing to focus on the P3 ST and there is no change in that.

Yes, it will definitely come but in it's own sweet time.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 16:09   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,141
Thanked: 8,326 Times
Default re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Looks like I have to eat humble pie.

Name:  Humble Pie.jpg
Views: 12602
Size:  6.8 KB

The Primacy 4 ST has been launched in only one size: 195/60-15. Priced at the same point as the P3ST. Rs. 6815 per tyre including GST.

This is just on the price list. I haven't seen the tyre yet.

Will try to get you guys an actual picture in a couple of days.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 09:53   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,141
Thanked: 8,326 Times
Default re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

So, the tyre has not yet reached the Michelin warehouses. They expect it to reach in the next few days... Will post when I can get my hands on these tyres.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 11:27   #5
BHPian
 
d_himan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 826
Thanked: 846 Times
Default re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
So, the tyre has not yet reached the Michelin warehouses. They expect it to reach in the next few days... Will post when I can get my hands on these tyres.
Hi Nikhil, I'm in the market for 195/60 R15s for my GT TSI.

1. Any idea when these tyres will hit the market from your previous experience of Michelin launches.

2. Any idea how 4 ST would be different from 3 ST?

3. I guess the price would remain at Rs.6.8K for a while. 3 STs are available at 6.2k in Mumbai. I guess the difference would be worth it because newer tyres are almost guaranteed and hopefully, they're a little bit better..
d_himan is offline  
Old 5th September 2018, 10:24   #6
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,141
Thanked: 8,326 Times
Default re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Hi Nikhil, I'm in the market for 195/60 R15s for my GT TSI.

1. Any idea when these tyres will hit the market from your previous experience of Michelin launches.

2. Any idea how 4 ST would be different from 3 ST?

3. I guess the price would remain at Rs.6.8K for a while. 3 STs are available at 6.2k in Mumbai. I guess the difference would be worth it because newer tyres are almost guaranteed and hopefully, they're a little bit better..
Like I said, no idea. You are asking theoretical questions based on a tyre that is still vapourware.

You need to try them out and review it for us.
Nikhilb2008 is offline  
Old 5th September 2018, 10:48   #7
BHPian
 
d_himan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 826
Thanked: 846 Times
Default re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Like I said, no idea. You are asking theoretical questions based on a tyre that is still vapourware.

You need to try them out and review it for us.
Will do - very few tire shops claim to have heard of it in Mumbai. May take a few weeks I guess. The Malaysia website has some product features.

Last edited by d_himan : 5th September 2018 at 10:52.
d_himan is offline  
Old 10th September 2018, 15:23   #8
BHPian
 
d_himan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 826
Thanked: 846 Times
Default re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Like I said, no idea. You are asking theoretical questions based on a tyre that is still vapourware.

You need to try them out and review it for us.
So, after all this excitement, went for the Perfinzas and couldn't be happier!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4458581 (VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)
d_himan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 18:47   #9
BHPian
 
vipul_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BLR / Lucknow
Posts: 527
Thanked: 556 Times
Default re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

The Primacy 4 is available, at least in Bangalore. Saw someone getting these installed today:

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_20181006_165259.jpg

I casually enquired about the price, and was quoted INR 7,100 per tyre for 195/60 R15
vipul_singh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 02:26   #10
BHPian
 
Samfromindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kolkata - Pune
Posts: 471
Thanked: 1,440 Times
Default re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Super ! Was looking to get the 205/60/R16 size 3ST for Ecosport. Hope all 3ST sizes will be there for 4. What are the improvements over the 3ST ?
Samfromindia is offline  
Old 12th October 2018, 18:06   #11
BHPian
 
treadmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 538
Thanked: 319 Times
Default re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Super ! Was looking to get the 205/60/R16 size 3ST for Ecosport. Hope all 3ST sizes will be there for 4. What are the improvements over the 3ST ?
Yes, should be available. Swapped mine a while back.
Manufactured on the week of 16th July 2018.
Attached Thumbnails
The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_6237.jpg  

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_6235.jpg  

treadmark is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 17:45   #12
BHPian
 
Zahir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 415
Thanked: 71 Times
Default re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Any idea if these are out in 215/55 R17?
Zahir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 18:12   #13
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Yes, should be available. Swapped mine a while back.
Manufactured on the week of 16th July 2018.
Could you please tell me where did you buy Primacy 4 in Bangalore. I enquired in Pitstop but they don't have it in stock.
binod049 is offline  
Old 15th October 2018, 08:02   #14
BHPian
 
treadmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 538
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Any idea if these are out in 215/55 R17?
I know 215/55 R17 was available in P3ST, so for sure, these should be available now in P4ST too. If you need I can have it checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binod049 View Post
Could you please tell me where did you buy Primacy 4 in Bangalore. I enquired in Pitstop but they don't have it in stock.
These are available on stock with Madhus Tyre Centre Langford Road and with all Tyre Park - Cherry Agencies franchise.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 12:09   #15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I know 215/55 R17 was available in P3ST, so for sure, these should be available now in P4ST too. If you need I can have it checked.



These are available on stock with Madhus Tyre Centre Langford Road and with all Tyre Park - Cherry Agencies franchise.

Cheers!
Thanks! Pitstop Sanjay Nagar were able to arrange it for me. Will be in installing it today on my Polo. I hope 195/60/R15 is the right choice.

Last edited by binod049 : 16th October 2018 at 12:13.
binod049 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks