Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2022, 13:02   #211
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 10
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Hello everyone, i am confused between Michelin primacy 4st and continental uc 6.
Tyre size is 195/55 r16
Priorities:
Good grip and handling
High speed stability
ViperCDX is offline  
Old 8th March 2022, 08:48   #212
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 139
Thanked: 251 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Primacy 4 ST is available with Tyre Empire Bangalore near Varthur. 205/55/R16 was quoted 10K+. He doesn't have XM2 stock for any sizes. I enquired this for my next-gen Verna considering upsizing the tire from stock 195/55/R16 to 205/55/R16. They also have 195/55/R16 in P4ST.
hardilip is offline  
Old 8th March 2022, 11:38   #213
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 10
Thanked: 43 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperCDX View Post
Hello everyone, i am confused between Michelin primacy 4st and continental uc 6.
Tyre size is 195/55 r16
Priorities:
Good grip and handling
High speed stability
I use Continental UC6 in same Size for My Ciaz ZDI+ for around 2 years as of now and quite happy with my Purchase.

Michelin Primacy 4ST comes at a premium of ~1-1.5k per tyre and availability of both fresh and replacement tyre has been an issue in my past experience.

In my view ,Continental UC6 scores in Wet Road handling and Grip while Primacy 4ST is comparatively softer, makes a bit less noise and more comforting during City Drives.

Hope this helps !
himanshu_trikha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 15:20   #214
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Gwalior
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

I live in Gwalior. Here in gwalior there is nobody selling michelin primacy 4ST. One dealer is saying he can arrange for 8800/- but with no warranty, I will have to register online.
The dealer is persuading me for bridge stone potenza G3 racing style for tyre size 205/60R16.
Kindly advise shall I go for michelin now or bridgestone. I personally wanted michelin.
dhairya_16 is offline  
Old 11th March 2022, 18:41   #215
ike
BHPian
 
ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KL-08/Chennai
Posts: 658
Thanked: 1,400 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhairya_16 View Post
I live in Gwalior. Here in gwalior there is nobody selling michelin primacy 4ST. One dealer is saying he can arrange for 8800/- but with no warranty
While Michelins are the best (I'm on my second set of P4ST in my Scross 205/60/R16) but if you do not have proper dealer support it is a little difficult. If you need to claim warranty or if you have to change just 1 tyre it becomes tricky if you are on your own. Claiming warranty on tyres is tricky and very difficult to get the manufacturer to honor claims even with dealer support.

Last edited by ike : 11th March 2022 at 18:44.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 19:34   #216
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Gwalior
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
While Michelins are the best (I'm on my second set of P4ST in my Scross 205/60/R16) but if you do not have proper dealer support it is a little difficult. If you need to claim warranty or if you have to change just 1 tyre it becomes tricky if you are on your own. Claiming warranty on tyres is tricky and very difficult to get the manufacturer to honor claims even with dealer support.
So what shall I opt for sir? I would really miss that Michelin feel on others but at the saem time warranty also matters after all I have to spend 8800/- *4.
dhairya_16 is offline  
Old 11th March 2022, 22:42   #217
ike
BHPian
 
ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KL-08/Chennai
Posts: 658
Thanked: 1,400 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhairya_16 View Post
So what shall I opt for sir? I would really miss that Michelin feel on others but at the saem time warranty also matters after all I have to spend 8800/- *4.
I think Michelin, Bridgestone, Yoko, Conti, Pirelli are comparable and good brands. I'd buy the one that is available easily around your place.
ike is offline  
Old 21st March 2022, 14:11   #218
Distinguished - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 6,537
Thanked: 11,378 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Michelin Pilot Sport 5 & Primacy 4+ officially introduced in Europe.
Currently available in Europe in 50 dimensions from 17 to 21 inches since January 1, 2022 the Pilot Sport 5 will make its way to other markets worldwide from March 1.
Will the PS5 launch in India any time soon? Normally, Michelin extensively tests global products in Thailand before launching them in India.

I can already see the Primacy 4+ on the TH site, so maybe it's only a matter of time.
https://en.michelin.co.th/auto/tyres...-4?tyreSize=17

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st March 2022 at 14:15.
itwasntme is offline  
Old 21st March 2022, 14:32   #219
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 22,174
Thanked: 63,365 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
--Normally, Michelin extensively tests global products in Thailand before launching them in India.

I can already see the Primacy 4+ on the TH site, so maybe it's only a matter of time.
https://en.michelin.co.th/auto/tyres...-4?tyreSize=17
Launched in Malaysia,

Quote:
Michelin Pilot Sport 5 in Malaysia: PS5 gets better grip, longer life; 17 to 19 inches priced from RM700-RM1.9k
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 16:16   #220
Senior - BHPian
 
Sebring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dubai/Bengaluru
Posts: 3,300
Thanked: 10,423 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

I grabbed the last Primacy 4 that Madhus had (Tyre size is 225/60 16) for Nexon. I feel the outgoing Primacy 3 (215 Section) was plusher and quieter (Softer Compound), than these. Surprisingly, they had good life left and are doing duty in my friend's car. The extra width is gripping the road like crazy, and it has immediate effect on mileage by 1KMPL. Yet to see how rain worthy these are as yesterday's rain was good, but not enough to test their prowess.
Attached Thumbnails
The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_4283.jpg  

Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 21:14   #221
BHPian
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 40 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Hi everyone, my car dealerership in Bangalore is offering to exchange my new i20 stock Ceat Secura tyres with Michelin P4ST (195/55 R16s) for 7250 per tyre including buyback and installation etc. Is this a decent price?
Slash is offline  
Old 18th April 2022, 13:34   #222
BHPian
 
Kpzonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Kannur
Posts: 114
Thanked: 164 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

I am looking for replacing stock tyre of my Baleno 2019 model which had run over 50k kilometres. A dealer here is quoting 8500 apiece for Michelin primacy P4ST manufactured in 19th week of 2021. Should I go with this ?

Last edited by Kpzonwheels : 18th April 2022 at 14:04.
Kpzonwheels is offline  
Old 18th April 2022, 18:29   #223
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 94
Thanked: 161 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
I am looking for replacing stock tyre of my Baleno 2019 model which had run over 50k kilometres. A dealer here is quoting 8500 apiece for Michelin primacy P4ST manufactured in 19th week of 2021. Should I go with this ?
If price is not a concern, you may go for P4ST. Lucky, you were able to find a fresh batch which is less than a year old.

If you're looking for V4M, I suggest UC6 can be had for ~6K per tyre.
lxskllr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 22:13   #224
BHPian
 
Kpzonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Kannur
Posts: 114
Thanked: 164 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
If price is not a concern, you may go for P4ST. Lucky, you were able to find a fresh batch which is less than a year old.

If you're looking for V4M, I suggest UC6 can be had for ~6K per tyre.
Went ahead and bought a set of 4 for 8500 apiece. Dealer promised a warranty of 3 years or 30000km. They also offered Rs 1500 for my old Apollo alnac tyres. UC6 were retailing at Rs 7800.
Attached Thumbnails
The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_20220418_164814.jpg  

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_20220418_135104.jpg  


Last edited by Kpzonwheels : 18th April 2022 at 22:14.
Kpzonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 20:18   #225
Senior - BHPian
 
HammerHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Goan in Pune
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 634 Times
Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Due to unavailability of Michelin Primacy 4ST, this time I settled on Continental 6UC (195/60 R15 88V). I moved over from Michelin Primacy 3ST.

I loved every bit of Michelin Primacy 3ST. The primary reason for tyre replacement was the deep cracks it developed in just under 5 years. Also road noise was evident which was not the case till a year back.

Look at the attached pic. Exact same crack on all four!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-mp3st.jpeg  

HammerHead is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks