Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2022, 21:56   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

My old 3ST was picked up by a dear friend. And in the very first week he has noted some kind of rubber stripping on one tyre. This is on the side. Not a tear or crack, but some rubber is coming off in layers. Before handing over I had them inspected at Madhus, weights were also added. Since I drive really slow in India the tyres lasted fine, but looks like they disintegrate very fast after the third/fourth year
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I loved every bit of Michelin Primacy 3ST. The primary reason for tyre replacement was the deep cracks it developed in just under 5 years. Also road noise was evident which was not the case till a year back
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 17:47   #227
BHPian

Michelin Primacy 4 ST available in Hyderabad. Looking to replace the shoes for both Jetta and Seltos

Jetta - 205/55/16 stock, might go for 205/60/16. Thanks to Hyderabad roads, could use the additional side wall with not much deviation.

Seltos - 215/60/17 stock, when purchased the car, replaced from stock tires to 235/55/17. Right now want to increase the sidewall, again thanks to the Hyderabad roads. Might go for 225/60/17 without much change overall.

I have to see what my options are. P4STs aren't available in some of the above sizes, will have to see what the best option 2 is for a premium comfort and quiet tire. I guess as you grow older, comfort preference takes over the price or performance of the tires, especially when you have bad roads around.

Last edited by sweetvar26 : 5th May 2022 at 17:49.
sweetvar26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 22:04   #228
BHPian

I have been thinking of upgrading the tyres on my newly bought Baleno 2022 from the standard Apollo 195 55 16 that it came on to the 205 55 16 Michelin Primacy ST 4.

If anyone has has done this upgrade can they please post pics? The additional 10mm width and the perceived Michelin performance I believe should make a noticeable difference.
Old 1st September 2022, 14:22   #229
BHPian

Is Michelin Primacy 4 ST available in new stock? On enquiry in Lucknow, I am told that the main dealer has only 37-21 manufactured units. Can't I get newer ones? They are quoting Rs.8800/- per unit.
Old 1st September 2022, 14:49   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Is Michelin Primacy 4 ST available in new stock? On enquiry in Lucknow, I am told that the main dealer has only 37-21 manufactured units. Can't I get newer ones? They are quoting Rs.8800/- per unit.
I'd suggest to avoid. Call around NCR and agree to pay surface transport costs for fresh stock. What size is this?
Old 1st September 2022, 15:34   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I'd suggest to avoid. Call around NCR and agree to pay surface transport costs for fresh stock. What size is this?
Size is 195/55 R16.
Delhi could be a better place for getting newer stock, I suppose.
Old 1st September 2022, 16:23   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Size is 195/55 R16.
Delhi could be a better place for getting newer stock, I suppose.
Very much, not a rare size at all. Ask around, get photo confirmation & emailed proof of fresh stock, and ask them to send to you.

Pretty common down South especially for the rare sizes. Let us know how it goes
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 19:27   #233
BHPian

I got a call from Michelin, as I made query, stating that only 2021 units are available pan-India. In R16 specification, no new stock is expected too. Their argument is that they would give warranty from the day of purchase and that the Michelin rubber does not get hardened easily like the hard rubber of Indian tyres.
So, for instance, will a Yokohama Bluearth GT (or Earth-1) or Conti UC6 better than 2021 Michelin 4 STs?
Old 2nd September 2022, 22:31   #234
BHPian

Quote:
I got a call from Michelin, as I made query, stating that only 2021 units are available pan-India. In R16 specification, no new stock is expected too. Their argument is that they would give warranty from the day of purchase and that the Michelin rubber does not get hardened easily like the hard rubber of Indian tyres.
So, for instance, will a Yokohama Bluearth GT (or Earth-1) or Conti UC6 better than 2021 Michelin 4 STs?
Given that you want a tyre with quiet and adequate grip, the UC6 will suit you well. Also, you'll get fresh stock given the local manufacturing!
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 21:02   #235
BANNED

My car is running on Michelin Primacy 3ST size 195 60 R15 for the last five years and 70k kms, I intend to change to Primacy 4ST , since they’re silent and having excellent grip, till date,except for one puncture no problem Now hairline cracks are visible on the edge of the tread.There is no tyre noise,are they available in Bangalore and at what price, can anyone help , I don’t live in Bengaluru and at my place they are not available
Thanks in advance
Old 28th October 2022, 04:30   #236
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
I have been thinking of upgrading the tyres on my newly bought Baleno 2022 from the standard Apollo 195 55 16 that it came on to the 205 55 16 Michelin Primacy ST 4.

If anyone has has done this upgrade can they please post pics? The additional 10mm width and the perceived Michelin performance I believe should make a noticeable difference.
On some other Thread I have described what I’ve done for my Dads Glanza. We first put Yoko Earth. Then we changed over to MRF Perfinzas. The Perfinzas are soft, grippy, provide excellent dry and wet braking and are a worthy tyre as a replacement to Michelins.
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 14:53   #237

Hello Sushil,

Apologies for a delayed reply, I also have first hand experience of this upsized tyres, after almost 5000 Kms . I will answer the questions to best of my knowledge and perception.

Personally, I liked Michelin P3ST, The quality of the tire, I was able to read the letters on the tire , in its smallest font, It made me believe the rubber would have filled in all the areas evenly. Hence decided to go with Michelin P4ST

The reason for upsizing is , I wanted to have better comfort than ride, Bigger the tire comfortable is the ride. The first few weeks after replacement, I could feel the vehicle was little bouncy , But got used to that after couple of weeks.

After almost 5000 Kms of driving, I like the tire, it meets my expectations of comfort. However I feel the road noise is little higher than the P3ST

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
Dear Brother, any specific reason for not continuing with the standard fitment size of 195/60R16 when the same is available with Bridgestone, Continental and others. I'm about to replace the OE P3ST tyres of my BRV(2017) at 45,000Kms although enough tread remains but the tread rubber has gone hard and developed minor cracks on the shoulder. I'm apprehensive about upsizing to 205/60R16 although it is within the 3% upsize limit bracket and upset at P3ST being discontinued. Anyway I hope you are having a good time behind the wheels with the new set of P4ST rubbers, do share your crucial experiences during this run-in period with the upsized shoes. In 2017 I had to replace the front right p3st tyre within the initial 1000Kms/25days of purchasing my BRV due to sidewall rupture within city limits, after that incident all is well and I have covered District Mustang in Nepal & Sikkim from Jharkhand among the prominent places without a single puncture. Take care brother, enjoy the P4ST and keep us updated.
Old 15th December 2022, 17:35   #238

Hello all. I changed the tyres of my car 6 months back to Michelin P4ST 215/60R16. The car in question is Chevrolet Cruze. I noticed an unusual cut on one of the tyres today. Prior to this the car has been making tap tap tap sound which is noticeable above 80Kmph. It seems that the tread has been cut entirely. I feel tyre replacement is necessary but not sure about warranty. Kindly advice on what should be my next action.
Attached Thumbnails
The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-pxl_20221215_080328738.mp2.jpg  

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-pxl_20221215_080328738.mp4.jpg  

Old 15th December 2022, 23:32   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowgandh.Bellam View Post
Kindly advice on what should be my next action.
Take it to the tyre dealer and ask for replacement.

He will in turn send a report to Michelin India with pictures of tyre from outside and maybe inside as well after unmounting tyre from alloy.

If you are extremely lucky, Michelin would offer a replacement asking you to pay for pro rata on used tread.

Most probably Michelin will deny the claim saying "Its due to External Impact."

Then you push them for goodwill warranty which is usually 50% discount on new tyre.

You might even need to speak with Area Head to get this goodwill warranty as Michelin usually deny these claims.

Stating from experience.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 07:35   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Take it to the tyre dealer and ask for replacement.

He will in turn send a report to Michelin India with pictures of tyre from outside and maybe inside as well after unmounting tyre from alloy.
The dealer I purchased it from is Tyre Empire Bangalore. However I have moved permanently to Shivamogga (300Km from Bangalore). Can I reach out to any nearby authorised Michelin dealer or am I required to go to the dealer I purchased from?
I already emailed to Michelin India and am awaiting their reply.

From your post I understand that this happened most probably due to external impact and not manufacturing defect which is a bummer as I thought it is definitely due to manufacturing defect. I've never seen a relatively new tyre in that condition let alone a used one. First time in 10 years I am facing a tyre related issue other than puncture. So Michelin is going to deny my warranty claim anyway. Just tell me in percentage terms the probability of Michelin honouring warranty if you can sir. Then I'll take a call on whether it was even worth pursuing. Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks