Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2021, 13:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos - Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
I had upgraded my Seltos OE tyres to Michelin Primacy 4 235/55/R17 on day one itself.
[...]
It's also the perfect upgrade spec wise. This upsize also enhances the car's stance by a great deal.
I just took delivery of my GTX+ and will be switching to Michelin Primacy 4. Could you please help me understand the benefits - cosmetic appeal aside - of moving from 215/55 to 235/55/17 ?
Old 12th March 2022, 09:47   #17
BHPian

Hi Team, I am seeing a frequent problem of TPMS warning of two particular tyres on my GTX+ AT D with stock tyres of Good Year. I got inspected them by opening and checking if tyre has got any puncture or TPMS sensor is not working or any issues during my last service. The Service guy apparently said all is good and you may not see this anymore. But to my surprise I started seeing the problem again few days after service and in couple of days time it was showing almost 26psi on one of the tyre. Service guy as usual said routine story of fill the tyre with nitro above 35psi and it will disappear. It disappears but it repeats again which is annoying me a lot. Is there any solution for this that I can get from this forum. By the way I fill with nitro only. Car is driven for 21k and I want to continue with this tyres for another 10k at least before change and that time probably will look for Michelin/Yokohama. For now please let me know if there is a way that I can overcome this niggle which is annoying me a lot. Thanks in advance.
PS: I make sure car is driven for few kms every week.
govs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 11:19   #18
1:1
BHPian

Facing the same issue, just posted on the main Seltos review thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5318888 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)
1:1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:50   #19
BHPian

Damn, am I the only one who got JK tyres on the Seltos HTX.
Old 25th October 2022, 10:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Damn, am I the only one who got JK tyres on the Seltos HTX.
Hi

Me too. Couldn’t help reading this thread. I just took delivery of my Seltos HTX D MT. It’s shod with JK UX Royale. So you are not alone.
Old 25th October 2022, 12:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsai_iyer View Post
Hi

Me too. Couldn’t help reading this thread. I just took delivery of my Seltos HTX D MT. It’s shod with JK UX Royale. So you are not alone.
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I’m expecting delivery of my seltos Diesel MT in the next couple of days. It is expected to come shod with JK UX Royale. How is the overall performance of these tyres?

Do you think I should upgrade these ?

Thanks
Hi, just responding to your query here, since you have taken delivery, is there any shortcoming in performance that you feel? in terms of noise, comfort, traction or stability? Or are you just going by the brand?

Sure, the likes of Michelin are always going to offer superior performance, but ask yourself once if you feel any gap as of now.

Also, JKs have their own advantages - they come with unconditional warranty even in the case of user negligence or sabotage by unscrupulous actors in petrol pumps, and I'm linking the post of a BHPian whose stock Creta tyre got replaced under their policy.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...-warranty.html (Sidewall issues, Warranty or FNG? | Update: JK Tyres replaced tyre under unconditional warranty)

If you frequently drive on bad roads with a high chance of tyre related damage, I highly recommend that you stick with the JKs unless you really perceive a huge shortcoming in the performance.
Old 25th October 2022, 14:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Hi, just responding to your query here, since you have taken delivery, is there any shortcoming in performance that you feel? in terms of noise, comfort, traction or stability? Or are you just going by the brand?

Sure, the likes of Michelin are always going to offer superior performance, but ask yourself once if you feel any gap as of now.

Also, JKs have their own advantages - they come with unconditional warranty even in the case of user negligence or sabotage by unscrupulous actors in petrol pumps, and I'm linking the post of a BHPian whose stock Creta tyre got replaced under their policy.

If you frequently drive on bad roads with a high chance of tyre related damage, I highly recommend that you stick with the JKs unless you really perceive a huge shortcoming in the performance.
Hi,

Thanks for this. This brings out a whole new perspective.

But then 2 things come to my mind.
1) An unconditional warranty doesn’t necessarily make the tyre better. Having said that, it does build customer confidence though. 2) I haven’t driven much, since the car is brand new. But in the little that I have driven, the tyres do feel noisy & maybe little less grippry on white topped roads. It feels ok on Tarmac. It is however, too early to comment on overall performance.

My dilemma is, do I wait it out for another few thousand kms & decide, in which case I won’t get anything much for these. Else, the saying “Why change something if it isn’t broken” does come to mind here.

I’m not really inclined towards brands like Michelin or Conti. Between these 2 my best experiences have been with the Conti’s. Both, however, somehow feel overrated. My mind was going more towards the CEAT SECURADRIVE’s. I have had good experience with these, as I had them on ECOSPORT, which was my previous ride. I’m still undecided for now.

Last edited by iamsai_iyer : 25th October 2022 at 14:34. Reason: Missed a line.
iamsai_iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 15:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for this. This brings out a whole new perspective.

But then 2 things come to my mind.
1) An unconditional warranty doesn’t necessarily make the tyre better. Having said that, it does build customer confidence though. 2) I haven’t driven much, since the car is brand new. But in the little that I have driven, the tyres do feel noisy & maybe little less grippry on white topped roads. It feels ok on Tarmac. It is however, too early to comment on overall performance.

My dilemma is, do I wait it out for another few thousand kms & decide, in which case I won’t get anything much for these. Else, the saying “Why change something if it isn’t broken” does come to mind here.

I’m not really inclined towards brands like Michelin or Conti. Between these 2 my best experiences have been with the Conti’s. Both, however, somehow feel overrated. My mind was going more towards the CEAT SECURADRIVE’s. I have had good experience with these, as I had them on ECOSPORT, which was my previous ride. I’m still undecided for now.
In terms of noise or grip, the Ceat (which is of the same price band of JK) may not offer you a perceivable improvement over your JKs, especially considering that your JKs are currently brand new. You should exercise caution while comparing 2 vehicles - cabin noise insulation would be different - and Ceat on EcoSport vs JK on Seltos may not be a good comparison to warrant changing to the Ceats on your Seltos.

I suggest that you persist with the JKs for about 25~30 thousand km, and change them when you start losing confidence on braking or if the noise becomes unbearable. After sustained usage your requirements will crystallize better and you'll be able to prioritize your performance requirements clearly so that you can choose a good replacement meeting your requirements. For example, you can go for the Yoko BluEarth GTs or Conti UC6s if you want to prioritize low noise.

Regarding Unconditional warranty - yes, they don't necessarily imply better tyres nor have I said so, it is merely a tool for people whose usage pattern means they are at a higher risk of freak tyre damage compared to the general population. Again, some sustained usage would help you figure if you fall into this bracket as well (though if you used your EcoSport in the same route and city, you could extrapolate those experiences in this regard). On another note - Ceat's tyres come with unconditional warranty too, FYI.

Cheers

Last edited by RubberGuru1113 : 25th October 2022 at 15:37.
Old 25th October 2022, 16:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
In terms of noise or grip, the Ceat (which is of the same price band of JK) may not offer you a perceivable improvement over your JKs, especially considering that your JKs are currently brand new. You should exercise caution while comparing 2 vehicles - cabin noise insulation would be different - and Ceat on EcoSport vs JK on Seltos may not be a good comparison to warrant changing to the Ceats on your Seltos.

I suggest that you persist with the JKs for about 25~30 thousand km, and change them when you start losing confidence on braking or if the noise becomes unbearable. After sustained usage your requirements will crystallize better and you'll be able to prioritize your performance requirements clearly so that you can choose a good replacement meeting your requirements. For example, you can go for the Yoko BluEarth GTs or Conti UC6s if you want to prioritize

Cheers
Hey,

Thank your for this. I guess what you’ve mentioned here aligns with my thoughts. Wouldn’t hurt to continue with these for a little while longer. Anyways, I have an upcoming travel in the coming week. Would be a good time to check how they perform.

Cheers
iamsai_iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 17:17   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

Thank your for this. I guess what you’ve mentioned here aligns with my thoughts. Wouldn’t hurt to continue with these for a little while longer. Anyways, I have an upcoming travel in the coming week. Would be a good time to check how they perform.

Cheers
I got a buy back of 4000 per tyre on the JKs. Straight away swapped them with Yoko Earth1s. Incremental cost was 20k.
Old 25th October 2022, 19:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Being the cheapest tyre, its a curse of 215/60/R16 and 215/60/R17 cars to be shod with JK UX Royales. They are ok on slow city speeds, but get noisy once you cross 80. Being hard compounds, they last longer.

I was casually browsing Tyremarket for 215/60/R17 options. After JKs at 5200 and Ceat Securadrives at 7500. The remaining brands start with Apollo Apterras at 9500 through Michelins at 12200.

When I was in the market for 215/60/R16s the range was between 8000-10000 range.

Is this the price range seen in tyre shops?
Old 25th October 2022, 20:40   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Being the cheapest tyre, its a curse of 215/60/R16 and 215/60/R17 cars to be shod with JK UX Royales. They are ok on slow city speeds, but get noisy once you cross 80. Being hard compounds, they last longer.

I was casually browsing Tyremarket for 215/60/R17 options. After JKs at 5200 and Ceat Securadrives at 7500. The remaining brands start with Apollo Apterras at 9500 through Michelins at 12200.

When I was in the market for 215/60/R16s the range was between 8000-10000 range.

I got the 215/60/17 Yoko Earth 1s at 9600 a piece. Michelins were 1500 more a tyre. Did not check anything else.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 15:00   #28
BHPian

Completed PDI for my Seltos HTK+ iMT. It is fitted with Goodyear Tyres. How are the reviews for Goodyear?
Old 26th October 2022, 15:20   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

215/65 R16 options across Yokohama, Michelin and Continental were in the same price range across tyre shops in Bangalore, 6 months ago.
Old 1st November 2022, 11:09   #30

Recently I had a sidewall cut for the stock tyre JK UX Royale 9 months and 8.5kms old. I didn't had time to claim warranty at that time, so I bought a brand new one same brand (it is the cheapest in the market as well).

But now that I claimed warranty and replaced the damaged one too, I have an extra 17in JK tyre at hand. I am considering getting rid of the lower profile spare 16in Goodyear Assurance and keeping the 17in JK as spare. However I can't find a 17in rim anywhere to buy in one piece, it all comes in number of 4. Since it's spare I don't care if it is alloy but wanted to check if anyone knows where I can find a single 17in rim?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks