Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2011, 17:17   #106
BHPian

Re: Indica gets the Apollo Acelere(EDIT: 2 new ones now!)

I was getting a price diff. of only Rs.200 per tyre compared to Accelere & Yoko A-Drives for size 185/60/14. Given the very marginal price difference, I would say A-Drives are definately better VFM.
Old 16th December 2011, 17:42   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzv View Post
I was getting a price diff. of only Rs.200 per tyre compared to Accelere & Yoko A-Drives for size 185/60/14. Given the very marginal price difference, I would say A-Drives are definately better VFM.
A question. You have decided A-Drives are better VFM because they cost almost the same? What is the basis of your observation.
Have you observed better handling/life/damage resistance on A-Drives are compared to Apollo, or you are basing your opinion on the fact that you believe that a Yokohama tire will always be better than a Apollo tire?
Old 17th December 2011, 10:14   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
A question. You have decided A-Drives are better VFM because they cost almost the same? What is the basis of your observation.
Have you observed better handling/life/damage resistance on A-Drives are compared to Apollo, or you are basing your opinion on the fact that you believe that a Yokohama tire will always be better than a Apollo tire?
Few things:

1. I changed from OEM Accelere to Yokohama A-Drive @ 35k km due to air leak problems (not caused because of rim/valve etc) although there was tread remaining
2. The dealer (long time veteran into tyre sales and my close friend) preferred A-Drive and guaranteed better comfort, grip & even life than Accelere. As a dealer he had in last 5 years received much better feedback from users of A-Drives compared to Accelere
3. Personally I would prefer Michelin/Yokohama anyday to Apollo. A-Drives have always been compared to XM1+ which are amazing tyres (used in my other car) and are still going strong @ 43K km
Old 17th December 2011, 12:29   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

The Aceleres are not being compared to XM1+ and YOko A drive because most dealers themselves dont know the true qualities of the Acelere.
Old 28th December 2011, 15:53   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with Apollo Acelere Maxx tyres. I am considering them for my Yeti in 225/60 R16 size and would appreciate feedback from any users.
(The Acelere Maxx is a different tread pattern from the normal Acelere's and is only available in a few larger sizes).

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 21st March 2012, 16:12   #111
Senior - BHPian

my aging bridgestone S322's (tubed, 165/65 R14) in the indica turbo were replaced with Acelere's
The following were the competition
Bridgestone S322 tubed, 165/65 R14 @ 4600/tyre
The reason I liked the bridgestones were that they had suffered all the abuse i had thrown at them ( the rest of the car was not as durable - rim bends, broken intercooler brackets, broken wood panels for the speakers etc) but at 4.6k per tyre, for a tubed tyre, it was pure highway robbery, especially when considering the fact that....
MRF ZTX 165/65 R14 @3400/Tyre
it could do everything the S322 could, and was cheaper. I had almost finalized it when...
Michelin XM1+ 175/65 R14 @4500/tyre
Given the fact that they were cheaper than the bridgestones, but were generally recommended. But 4.5k for the tyre was a bit pricey. I was willing to experiment with tubeless and the so called magic carpet ride, but as i was buying 5 tyres, 23500 was a bit steep for my pocket, since my budget was 25k for 5 tyres and 3 rims. I decided i would give the dealer a last chance and offered to buy them for 4400 per rim. I said that i would rather take the 4050 that i had been quoted for the acelere which I had been offered elsewhere, when he offered
Apollo Acelere 175/65 R14 3900/Tyre
We shook hands and got the tyres immediately. Unfortunately couldnt get new rims, so drove around with tubes for a while. Got the new rims and re fitted them, and the difference is HUGE. I also had a minor suspension repair done, and comparing them to 5 year old S322's is hardly fair, but the ride quality and braking are much better, especially with more progressive stopping than the knife edge feel of the S322's

Took the car on a shakedown cruise, got one of the wheels punctured by a piece of wire, I'm sure which would not have dented the S322's. but they held their air , and i finally figured out when i got suspicious about the noise.

drove the car from bhubaneswar to tvm in around 34 hours at three digit speeds in the hot sun, and the tyres were flawless. they were subjected to moderate abuse, one of the new rims has a minor bend, but I had been dreading sidewall ruptures for a whole week, but thankfully none so far. I've been extremely satisfied, and yup, they're amazing VFM!
Old 15th June 2012, 23:30   #112
Senior - BHPian

Today I can tell you that the acelere passed the ultimate comparison test with flying colours. There is this twisty section of the NH back to my house, and There is this one section where usually I would always feel my rears losing traction or control and I have to brake and come down to 50~60ish speeds. Lets just say the performance exceeds expectations . I'll say it again, these tyres are absolute VFM!
Old 4th January 2013, 21:58   #113
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Need your advice for Indica V2 Xeta, its been on stock tyres since i bought it 5 years back. My current running is 22k only but the age has caught up with the current set of tyres and it's time to replace them, so I went ahead and checked out a few shops here in hyderabad most of them wanted me to buy cheap chinese tires saying they are of same quality as bridgestones and michellin's. But i wasn't convinced so looked at some of the tried and tested ones namely Apollo Acellere, bridgestone S322's, XM1+ or XM2. Also can i go for tubeless ones ?

Please suggest the best one for the car as i plan to keep the car another year, Also one of rims has a bend, should i replace them?

Last edited by krishnavamshi24 : 4th January 2013 at 22:01. Reason: added a question
Old 6th January 2013, 01:42   #114
BHPian

Got Michelin XM2 after searching many Tyre shops in Hyderabad, I initially went for Reliance Auto and their offer was very competitive in fact matching the rate offered by Ashoka wheels which is the dealer i finally went with.
Old 6th April 2014, 21:39   #115
BHPian

Hi , Am planning to change all four tyres of my indica V2 - 165/65/R13 - replace with the same size. Would like to know the tyre life and performance of Apollo Amazer XL tube tyres.

Any side wall cracking issues ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks