Dude, what hit your Tyre? [/quote]

Could not find anything.
Old 14th May 2012, 10:37   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Are tubeless tyres unsuitable for Indian Roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post
Could not find anything.
With that big hole its got to be a BOLT or a big (thick) nail, but in either case it should have stayed embedded in the tyre and should not have come out.

Is the Yoko's compound so soft that a small stone can do this to the tyre, asking as such a hole and missing BOLT/Nail can only be because a sharp stone created that damage?

My Michelin and Bridgestone are working wonderfully so far.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 14th May 2012 at 10:38.
Old 14th May 2012, 12:22   #138
BANNED

Just now Yokohama Team visited and told us that it cannot be replaced , dealer is doing repair work.Tomorrow getting inspection report.Really dis pointed with Yokohama.
Because of unavailability of Michelin(195/60/R15) I decided to go with Yoko (as per dealer suggestion)
I feel that taken wrong decision.
Old 25th July 2022, 23:20   #139
BHPian

I plan to replace my 2007 Santro car's tube tyre (155/70 R13) with tubeless. Will the tubeless tyre fit in existing wheel rim, or do I need to replace the wheel rim as well? What would be approx cost?
The tube tyres are 15 years old and Hyundai authorized service centre advised to replace them, though local car service guy told me they are fine, no need to replace. One tyre makes occasional beating sound while making a turn at very slow speed. Do I really need to replace them?
Old 26th July 2022, 00:22   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
I plan to replace my 2007 Santro car's tube tyre (155/70 R13) with tubeless. Will the tubeless tyre fit in existing wheel rim, or do I need to replace the wheel rim as well? What would be approx cost?
The tube tyres are 15 years old and Hyundai authorized service centre advised to replace them, though local car service guy told me they are fine, no need to replace. One tyre makes occasional beating sound while making a turn at very slow speed. Do I really need to replace them?

For one, 6-7 years is the absolute maximum usage cycle for tyres regardless of the remaining depth. If the tyres are 15 years old, they are ticking time bombs because the rubber has likely degraded a lot and is quite brittle.

To answer your other question, the 2007 santro originally came with tubeless tyres as far as I know. If they are having tubes in them, it was likely inserted later and is not the factory spec.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 12:31   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
For one, 6-7 years is the absolute maximum usage cycle for tyres regardless of the remaining depth. If the tyres are 15 years old, they are ticking time bombs because the rubber has likely degraded a lot and is quite brittle.
Thanks for the advice. Will get it changed soon in such case. My usage is low and city limit only, so it could survive so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
To answer your other question, the 2007 santro originally came with tubeless tyres as far as I know. If they are having tubes in them, it was likely inserted later and is not the factory spec.
No, my 08/2007 manufactured Santro AT came with factory added tube tyre only, I bought it myself from showroom, so there is no history of tube being inserted later without my knowledge. It could be possible that Santro added tubeless tyre after Aug'2007 or only in top-end variant.
Does this mean wheel could be compatible with tubeless tyre? Or shall I put tube tyre again?
Old 26th July 2022, 13:24   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Does this mean wheel could be compatible with tubeless tyre? Or shall I put tube tyre again?
Check the markings on your wheel - if the rim profile is "J" or "B", then it is compatible with tubeless tyres.

Name:  Rim size.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  24.3 KB

In any case, these days you'll struggle to find tube type tyres for this particular size I think!
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 17:22   #143
BHPian

Got new Apollo Amazer 4g Life tyres (mfg date DOT code 2622 or end of June) for my Santro replacing the tube tyres, with same size 155/70 R13. Tubeless tyres fitted well in the rim. Kept the 'best' of the old tyre as spare.
I used to keep 30psi pressure as per Santro manual, tyre mechanic filled it with 33psi and suggested that pressure, but I think ride is bumpier, will try 32psi or below next time.

Tyre replacement exposed an issue in brake shoe, that I got fixed today, will describe it in relevant threads - 1) problems faced in Hyundai authorized service centre 2) quick check and root cause by tyre mechanic in Madhus Tyre Centre, Lalbagh, Bangalore 3) quick fix by local multi brand car mechanic in Popular Motors, Sarjapur Road
bivision is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 15:25   #144

Quote:
Got new Apollo Amazer 4g Life tyres (mfg date DOT code 2622 or end of June) for my Santro replacing the tube tyres, with same size 155/70 R13. Tubeless tyres fitted well in the rim. Kept the 'best' of the old tyre as spare.
My case is the same as yours. Replaced the stock Bridgestone TUBE tyres on my Santro Xing GLS with Apollo 4G life tubeless tyres in May,2022. The original tyres lasted more than 14.5 years and local service center mentioned that it is still fine for city driving (cracks were visible due to aging) but replaced the tyres for RC renewal and also for safety. The new tubeless tyres cost me Rs 14k including valves, fitting, wheel alignment, balancing etc. The old tyres had done 39k kms of mostly city driving.
jsriram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks