Team-BHP - Skoda Laura : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Skoda Laura : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/27778-skoda-laura-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-6.html)

SKODA LAURA
tyre size : 205/ 55 R 16
upsize : 225/ 50 R 16

options easily available :
1. goodyear eagle Ventura
2. michelin pilot preceda 2
3. yokohama ES 501

Will be Zeroing in on the S-drives or DB-S2 (215/55 R16) .
Going for the Installation tomorrow @ Saifee Tyres.

Good choice.
Keep us updated.

And yeah forgot to tell you guys , that i spotted an white NISSAN 350-Z @ saifee tyres .... have taken a couple of snaps will post them soon. And the best part was the owners driver was around , and the car was open , so got to feel the car from inside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 579206)
And yeah forgot to tell you guys , that i spotted an white NISSAN 350-Z @ saifee tyres .... have taken a couple of snaps will post them soon. And the best part was the owners driver was around , and the car was open , so got to feel the car from inside.

U lucky soul.....

Post some pics in the proper section.

Well , In the afternoon when i was leaving for bandra @ Saifee Tyres for the installation of the S-drives i made a phone call to confirm the order ( i had already confirmed yesterday evening ) . the Person told me that he had installed the tyres of the same size and make in another laura which had come to him in the morning & he was not having more tyres of the same size and make available ( i.e. S-drives) I had no words to say , well atleast he should have called me up and confirmed wether i was coming or not .Though he must be one of the biggest names in the tyre market in mumbai but for me he dint live upto his commitment , so i am really disappointed woth him. So i am going in for Potenza G-IIIs (215/55 R16) @ 6.4 k but not from Saifee but @ Super Tyres (Mulund)-(inclusive of allignment & balancing)

Huh.!! Thats bad luck...

But POTENZA GIII's are great i have them in my 'rolla (225/45/R17) i just dint want similar tryres , thats the reason it was my last option.

Hey ,
Finally got the Tyres installed i.e. Potenza GIIIs - 215/55 R-16.
check out some pictures ;

OLD TYRES ;

NEW TYRES (JAPANESE MAKE) ;

THE FITMENT ;

whats the difference after the stock tyres?

The Ride quality is the same ... no improvement ... but the high speed stability (which was always there) has improved marginally ... overall GIII's are performing great overall ... (havent driven above 50 kms yet , < 140 km/h , after the new tyres put on .)

What TYRE PRESSURE should be ideal for an good ride quality , life & high speed stability with this tyre setup (i.e. 215/55 R16) ??

i normally fill 28. pretty decent ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 582227)
i normally fill 28. pretty decent ride.

28 , but what tyres have you got ? And which car are you talking about ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 582231)
28 , but what tyres have you got ? And which car are you talking about ?

i have potenza g3s too. but on my innova. just a size smaller than yours. 205. and even when i had 185 g3s on my baleno i used to keep 28. just try 28psi, youll find it pretty good.