Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 00:13   #1
BHPian

Tyres & their Various Tread Patterns

Wondering if we can compile a list of Pics of tyres of different pattern from various manufacturers like Yokohama/Bridgestone/Michelin etc.. etc.. This might help the user to see the tyre pattern, how it looks like, with recommendations/feedback from the users who have actually used it.
This will also help him decide what suits him best before actually going to market & for the people who have not seen different patterns before.

To give an example
1) Tyre = Michelin Pilot Preceda PP1
2) Recommendation/Review =

Somebody volunteer for compilation, Ishan you listening? or any one who can volunteer or contribute pics.

Image courtesy :Theexister
Old 5th September 2007, 00:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm.... interesting thread Jitu bhai, will update it with Yoko & Michelin reviews & pictures tomorrow.

But the only problem I can forsee is going to be, who's review do you take to be definitive? Every one (bar a few) likes to believe that the set of tyres they have is the best & only realises the difference when a new set of tyres is fitted. So, I think the reviews might be a bit biased due to that.

But, I'll anyway put up my best efforts in this thread.
Old 5th September 2007, 00:49   #3
BHPian

I ahve the entire catalog of Yokohama scanned and on my HDD will post it tomorrow. Imageshack keeps returning some error right now.
Old 5th September 2007, 00:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

^^You can try supload.com. I've given up on imageshack these days. I'll post a pic of PP2 tomorrow.
Old 5th September 2007, 01:09   #5
BHPian

By looking at the PP1 tread, I get the impression that while driving in the water soaked roads, water is displaced by the inner treads.
But the PP2 does it the other way (on the outside), which seems like the right direction.
Old 5th September 2007, 10:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
By looking at the PP1 tread, I get the impression that while driving in the water soaked roads, water is displaced by the inner treads.
But the PP2 does it the other way (on the outside), which seems like the right direction.
Asymetric tread pattern is always designed to channel water from from inside and outside will always have more rubber and closed end shoulder blocks to provide cornering sstability.
Old 5th September 2007, 13:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Jitu bhai..
Please post your review of GIII. I would like to know how it handles the beast.
Old 5th September 2007, 13:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

1) Tyre = Goodyear NCT 3
2) Recommendation/Review :
Provides good ride, not very noisy but the grip levels aren't very good. Comes as stock tyres with some cars.

Old 5th September 2007, 13:41   #9
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Tire Make: Yokohama.
Model: Advan Neova AD 07.

Review: Very soft compound tires. So will pick up almost anything you throw at them. Sand, glass, nails, even leaves. Nails and Neova's have an everlasting relationship on Indian Roads. Certainly one that won't make you too happy.

They will last you only 20,000 kms if you drive hard. Maybe more if you nanny them around. But once you get them nannying them around will the last thing on your mind. NO wheelspins, only quick getaways (only if you don't have like 17'' running on a Getz, then it will be only braking on acceleration too), stupendous cornering ability (provided your suspension is good enough to compliment them as well), and braking improves by tonnes of seconds (atleast perceived). Ok don't take the literal meaning of all I have said. But you get the drift?

Seriously speaking, for guys who love pushing their cars hard into corners. Look no further. Their grip is phenomenal. Braking improves by a lot. They have even better grip in the wet, but when you hit a puddle of water you need to be worried. Thats the only gripe I had. When it is wet all around they handle fabulously. Road noise is average given the fact that they are really soft compound. Gets on your nerves a bit ONLY on some of the uneven/cement roads. On smooth roads, hardly will you even notice. I could go on and on. But let me end the rant.

Don't believe what I have said, I maybe called "BIASED". But make sure you do check out some figures unlike my endless rant. Maybe this will give you an indication, if my useless review hasn't already.

Yokohama's ADVAN Neova AD07 Stakes Its Claim in the Extreme Performance Summer Tire Category
Old 5th September 2007, 13:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Tyre - Accelera , Indonesian brand
Review :Low profile tyres which dont cost much and Looks amazing thats it.

Old 5th September 2007, 14:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

1. Tyre: GoodYear GPS2
2. Recommendation/Review: comes stock on most of the small/avg cars - does the job if you drive normally. does the job on wet roads as well. not recommended if you drive fast.

Old 5th September 2007, 14:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

Tyre: Michelin Pilot Preceda 2
Recommendation/Review: Will have a better picture when suspension and steering overhauling is done. Initial impression is good... very high levels of grip in dry and wet, gives you a lot of confidence while cornering at high speeds, road noise is low. Ride is harder than the "comfort" tyres like Michelin Energy XM1 or Goodyear GA Plus. But this is expected, given that it is a performance-oriented tyre, and to add that, I have low (50) profile tyres.
These are pretty expensive (i got my 205/50/15's at 5.5k per).

Old 5th September 2007, 14:13   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite an interesting thread. I would love to see the thread patterns of XM1, Bridgestone GIII and Eagle F1's and the user feedback.

Tyre: Bridgestone S322

Recommendation/Review: Initially i wasnt quite impressed with this tyre and thought the grip wasnt that good. But, over a period of time, i started liking the grip of these tyres and they are great for taking steep turns at 100kmph but anything above that its too darn risky. Road noise is also a bit more than required. Ride is ok, i havent been able to distinguish exactly to say if its hard or comfortable as it changes with Psi. I am planning to use them until 30K and then change to better performance tyres.

Old 5th September 2007, 14:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

Tyre - MRF ZVTS
Review:
I had them in my zen for four years...Absolutely crappy tyres. They are loudspeakers in terms of road noise but will last a lifetime bcos they are so hard.

Old 6th September 2007, 09:46   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Tyre: Bridgestone S322
Mobike008.... The S322's are the gateway drug, once you have them (i hope) you will explore bigger and better things.
They are good OEM tyres, but you'll be amazed at the difference you notice when you upgrade to some "real" tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Review:
I had them in my zen for four years...Absolutely crappy tyres. They are loudspeakers in terms of road noise but will last a lifetime bcos they are so hard.
Lol. Great review.

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks