Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Jerish.
What's the PCD of HR alloys u got??
I think it is 100PCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSPEED View Post
Hi,
My RS is 100% perfect at the speed of 200 too.......I think the problem is with your wheels ........It should be 100/5 and center bore should be 57mm .
Regards,
PJ
I think what you said is right.Anyway i have to buy new one.Please tell me which is correct PCD for skoda 1.9TDI 16" and 15" as well.
Old 18th November 2007, 18:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
I think it is 100PCD.

I think what you said is right.Anyway i have to buy new one.Please tell me which is correct PCD for skoda 1.9TDI 16" and 15" as well.
I think u got the right PCD.
Please note the centre bore dimension mentioned by PJSpeed and also the optimum offset for Octavia while buying your new set of rims.
Old 18th November 2007, 18:57   #78
BHPian

@Kpzen Thanks,sure i will check before buying new rims.I dont want anymore shivering.
Old 18th November 2007, 22:57   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Is the shop located on corner in KG ? If so you've gone to wrong dealer worst/dishonest dealer really ,
Yes its the same shop . He is the Michelin authorized dealer ,any experiences ? How could it make a difference when the tyres were brand new ,purchased with bill and warranty ? I went to him ,asked for Michelin MXV8 ,got them fitted ,paid the amount ,he issued the bill and warranty card and i went off .... am i missing something ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzme View Post
Dear , MXV8s are way better than NCT5 , GT3, XM1 and A300. May be beacuse of some reasons Beemer is facing problem. Tyre recommended by you are nowhere comparable to MXV8s.
I would be extreeeeemly thankful if someone could give me the reasons ? Any place where i can go and get it checked ?

The car was way comfortable ,less noisy till the time i hadnt got the tyres/alloys changed .

The 16" alloys that i 've, looked in perfect condition .. Could it be OE alloys ? Is it possible that this tyre noise could be cos of alloys ?

The moment i got the alloys+Michelin tyres fitted, it all changed and its not that one or two tyres are making noise or the noise seem to be coming from any one particlular side ,all the 4 tyres are equally noisy ,uncomfortable .

could it be something else that could produce such extreme noise ?
Old 18th November 2007, 23:27   #80
BHPian

I should be getting the replacement on Tuesday . I 'll try out the Michelins once again but for some reasons i feel that those tyres too will be as noisy,uncomfortable ... The reason i am saying this is cos the Michelins that i am using right now look perfectly OK . i could 've believed if one or two tyres were defective but its lil difficlult to accept that all 4 MICHELIN tyres are having a manufacturing defect and if it is the case then theres no guarantee that the next 4 will be trouble free ....
Old 19th November 2007, 13:55   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzme View Post
Dear , MXV8s are way better than NCT5 , GT3, XM1 and A300. May be beacuse of some reasons Beemer is facing problem. Tyre recommended by you are nowhere comparable to MXV8s.
Yes i admit MXV8 are very good comfort tyres but i'm amazed how beemer found MXV8 are noisy , i've read too much good stuff from Online Reviews & from here aswell , even i was considering buying mxv8 for my ride but due to it's pattern design i've not gone for it , but NCT-5 tyre are also known for good comfort & now noise tyre & it's best in it's class & cheaper than MXV8 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Yes its the same shop . He is the Michelin authorized dealer ,any experiences ? How could it make a difference when the tyres were brand new ,purchased with bill and warranty ? I went to him ,asked for Michelin MXV8 ,got them fitted ,paid the amount ,he issued the bill and warranty card and i went off .... am i missing something ?
Well my friend have bought Michelim MX1 from him after 2 months of usage the one tyre burst & after contacting them he's not willing to change the tyre under warranty & so he's contacted michelin & later discovered that he's been ripped off by dealer by giving him old & without warranty tyres, my friend have paid full amount for with bill stuff but they have sold him a without warranty product (grey import) saying it's a with bill & warranty & said it has 3 year warranty on them .

Last edited by unknown : 19th November 2007 at 13:58.
Old 19th November 2007, 22:38   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Yes i admit MXV8 are very good comfort tyres but i'm amazed how beemer found MXV8 are noisy , i've read too much good stuff from Online Reviews & from here aswell , even i was considering buying mxv8 for my ride but due to it's pattern design i've not gone for it , but NCT-5 tyre are also known for good comfort & now noise tyre & it's best in it's class & cheaper than MXV8 .
Thanks for the suggestion .I Spoke to the Skoda service manager and he too recommended NCT-5 .

Quote:
Well my friend have bought Michelim MX1 from him after 2 months of usage the one tyre burst & after contacting them he's not willing to change the tyre under warranty & so he's contacted michelin & later discovered that he's been ripped off by dealer by giving him old & without warranty tyres, my friend have paid full amount for with bill stuff but they have sold him a without warranty product (grey import) saying it's a with bill & warranty & said it has 3 year warranty on them .
I would call it your friends fault ,he should 've asked for the warranty card before making the payment but overall i agree they generally try their best to rip off customers but its upto us whether we let them succeed in doing so ..
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:54   #83
BHPian

As promised ,here are some pics of the michelin energy MXV8s that 'll be replaced soon ...

Last edited by Beemer : 22nd November 2007 at 14:07.
Old 25th November 2007, 23:48   #84
BHPian

I went to Skoda service centre today and thought the best way possible would be to drive my car on OE tyres and see the difference(if any).. found a laura with OE Bridgestone Turanzas 205/55 R16(11k kms done) and asked the manager if he could get these turanzas fitted on my Laura for sometime ,luckily he agreed and these were the changes i found after driving for 15-20 minutes ....

1) Braking was better .

2) Pick-up was better by 10% .

3) Noise level was almost the same .

4) Ride comfort was slightly better

Finally ,i should be getting rid of the Michelins anytime this week .
Old 27th November 2007, 23:09   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
...found a laura with OE Bridgestone Turanzas 205/55 R16(11k kms done) and asked the manager if he could get these turanzas fitted on my Laura for sometime ,luckily he agreed ....
Wow that is realy disconcerting. Was this a showroom car or somebody else's in for a service? I would kill the service guys if they got my tyres off for a TD...
Old 28th November 2007, 02:04   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkiran_2000 View Post
Was this a showroom car or somebody else's in for a service?
The car was in for a service ,it was done 11k kms and was owned by somebody in Gurgaon ...Unfortunatly these things do take place in a service centre ... I asked for a set of new tyres but since there was no new car standing at the Service centre we had no option left ...

Quote:
I would kill the service guys if they got my tyres off for a TD...
You would never know if something like this was done, the only way to 've a satisfactory service is to take a day off and be with the car but unfortunatly some Authorized Skoda service centres dont allow this .
Old 28th November 2007, 11:15   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow that is realy disconcerting. Was this a showroom car or somebody else's in for a service? I would kill the service guys if they got my tyres off for a TD...
happens all the time!
Old 11th December 2007, 01:11   #88
BHPian

Okie guys , got fitted OE Bridgestone Er300s for Rs.4500/each(almost brand new) and yes i am happy with them ... They are not the best but are miles ahead than the crappy Mxv8s in almost all the departments at half the cost ... I 've covered 300kms on these tyres and i am satisfied with the overall performance except the Road noise ... they are very quiet on good tarmac(unlike michelins) but as noisy on rough roads...

I am no tyre guru but if i were to rate these Tyres on basis of what i 've experienced ...

1) Road Noise : ER300s very quiet on good roads but both equally noisy on poor tarmac .

2) handling : Bridgestones miles ahead .

3) Ride quality : Bridgestones but Mxv8s weren't far off either.

4) Braking : Bridgestones .

5) Pick up : Bridgestones .

so overall the performance of ER300s is satisfactory and i am sorry to disappoint Michelin fans but personally i would never recommend MXV8s to anyone .
Old 12th December 2007, 13:07   #89
Senior - BHPian

Chalo, finally atleast your problem is solved. Good for you.

Also, did you get the tyres replaced from Michelin??
Old 12th December 2007, 13:26   #90
BHPian

Anyway you are satisfied with your new tyre.Enjoy it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks