Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 18:05   #121
BHPian

@heavy_foot - Thanks for the info. The profile that you have mentioned sounds good. Did you check out Yoko S-Drives? Is there a major price difference between both. More important, is the same profile available in S?
Old 26th May 2010, 22:37   #122
BHPian

Hey guys. I have MRF on my Zen and they have run for about 40000 kms. They is tread still left on them. I am planning to install Esteem rims(as one of the car's rim is already bent and needs replacement). What is the best size upgrade I can look into? I read in another forum that Yokos 539 was insatlled on an Alto. I am planning to change the tyres during the first week of June. Please advice.

Last edited by Maxwell Arthur : 26th May 2010 at 22:38.
Old 26th May 2010, 23:27   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
I have decided to go for Yokohama A539's 175/60 r13 for my carb Zen. Sanghi tyres Vashi has quoted Rs 2860 for the same. Yokohama is also giving away free caterpiller glares worth around 3k with 4 tires. I am holding on as i have not finalized the alloys yet. Can someone recommend a good 5 or 6 spoke wheel design? I am basically looking for durability more than looks.

Btw this is the number of the Mumbai representative of Yokohama 9987035030 ( Rajeev ), saved a lot of time for me to narrow down on a dealer.
Today i went around looking for rims in 13x5J 114.3PCD 4 hole pattern in Vashi, I could not find anything in 5J, everything i saw was 5.5J. Can some one recommend a dealer in Mumbai where i can get a good range to select in the above size? i would prefer Lenso, Konig or somthing similar.

Last edited by heavy_foot : 26th May 2010 at 23:29.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:27   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
@heavy_foot - Thanks for the info. The profile that you have mentioned sounds good. Did you check out Yoko S-Drives? Is there a major price difference between both. More important, is the same profile available in S?
Sorry i missed out that. I dont think S drive's or AVS ES100's are available in that size, i did check with the Sanghi tyres in Vashi who is one of the Yokohama dealers.
Old 14th June 2010, 22:49   #125
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Could you please answer my query below?

Hey guys. I have MRF on my Zen and they have run for about 40000 kms. They is tread still left on them. I am planning to install Esteem rims(as one of the car's rim is already bent and needs replacement). What is the best size upgrade I can look into? I read in another forum that Yokos 539 was insatlled on an Alto. I am planning to change the tyres during the first week of June. Please advice.

Thanks,
Max
Old 6th March 2012, 10:41   #126
BHPian

MS Zen Lxi 2002-Suggestion for a new set of tyres

Hi All ,

My Zen (done 75k) is now running on MRF ZVTS ,

It has done almost 40k km with the MRFs . Previously we had JK Ultima XP which had many problems including frequent punctures. So we changed to MRF ZVTS

Right now the car is running in city roads in chennai (Previously only in neatly laid Township roads). The road which i usually take to office is very bad. I m now thinking of changing tyres as the grooves are disappearing quickly.

Can you guys suggest me a suitable brand , and the price range for that ?

I m also thinking of changing the wheel set completely(including rims) . Is that a food idea ? or shall i continue with the old one ?

Will changing my entire set improve my braking or vice versa ?

-
Viki
Old 6th March 2012, 11:13   #127
BHPian

Re: MS Zen Lxi 2002-Suggestion for a new set of tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh Mohan View Post
Hi All ,

My Zen (done 75k) is now running on MRF ZVTS ,

It has done almost 40k km with the MRFs . Previously we had JK Ultima XP which had many problems including frequent punctures. So we changed to MRF ZVTS

Right now the car is running in city roads in chennai (Previously only in neatly laid Township roads). The road which i usually take to office is very bad. I m now thinking of changing tyres as the grooves are disappearing quickly.

Can you guys suggest me a suitable brand , and the price range for that ?

I m also thinking of changing the wheel set completely(including rims) . Is that a food idea ? or shall i continue with the old one ?

Will changing my entire set improve my braking or vice versa ?

-
Viki
You can read my post where I changed my Zen's tyres to Michilen XM1+ 155/65R13 (this is 1+ upsize in width and height, my rims were originally 13"). Great tyres for good and bad roads. Now rides 90+ kmph with confidence. I changed all 4 tyres with all 4 steel rims together as new tyres were tubeless. 12K kms done, touch wood no problems at all. Im do not remember the price right now.

Im too looking for ways to improve braking. No luck yet. People have recommended to upgrade brakes to either Zen D or Esteem Type2. I have not ventured in that way.
Personally im looking to just upgrade normal disks to ventilated disks and some good brake shoe.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:50   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
You can read my post where I changed my Zen's tyres to Michilen XM1+ 155/65R13 (this is 1+ upsize in width and height, my rims were originally 13"). Great tyres for good and bad roads. Now rides 90+ kmph with confidence. I changed all 4 tyres with all 4 steel rims together as new tyres were tubeless. 12K kms done, touch wood no problems at all. Im do not remember the price right now.

Im too looking for ways to improve braking. No luck yet. People have recommended to upgrade brakes to either Zen D or Esteem Type2. I have not ventured in that way.
Personally im looking to just upgrade normal disks to ventilated disks and some good brake shoe.
Thanks dev

Michilen XM1+ 155/65R13 - You changed both rims and tyres right .
Any vague idea of the price ?
Does that ve any hit on the mileage.I had 19 kmpl in township and right now down to 15kmpl(approx) in city. Any info on that ?

I ll enquire the price of it from my side too

-
Viki
Old 7th March 2012, 20:07   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh Mohan View Post
Thanks dev

Michilen XM1+ 155/65R13 - You changed both rims and tyres right .
Any vague idea of the price ?
Does that ve any hit on the mileage.I had 19 kmpl in township and right now down to 15kmpl(approx) in city. Any info on that ?

I ll enquire the price of it from my side too

-
Viki
Small error. Tyre I replaced with 155/70R13.
There is certainly a hit in average. I saw ~1-1.5 kms drop. Hence in city I overinflate tyres at 33psi and on highway 30psi.
I vaguely remember as 3K with some mobile free with 4 tyres.
devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 11:16   #130
BHPian

Thanks Dev ,

I ll try out some wheel outlets in and around velachery first . And will update the thread regarding the models and costs
Old 18th March 2012, 16:02   #131
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre Suggestion for the Maruti ZEN

i have a 2004 Zen LXi that has done 29000 kms. I need a change of tyres since I have been feeling a loss of grip and very quick lock up at low speeds. After reading all the 9 pages, one thing is a given: I am sticking to the original 12" rim size.
I am from Mumbai, and a wide range of options are certainly available. Can someone tell me which tyres are available in 145/80R12??
I was given an option of Michelin XM1+ (rs. 2800) and Goodyear GPS2 (Rs. 2200)
I don't want to spend a bomb, but I also don't want to go for a Chinese/Taiwanese brand. I was interested in Acceleres, but I see they don't come in the size I need.

Pointers anyone??
Old 1st November 2015, 10:43   #132
BHPian

Guys,

Has anyone tried Yoko 185/60/13 on the Zen. I currently run 165/60/13 on Plati Royal rims and they are great. Just thinking it will enhance the looks and not necessarily anything else. I have drievn a few with 14s, but feel they interfere too much on bad roads, so will stick to 13s.

I did see the 185s listed in Snapdeal and thinking of getting them. Any thoughts?

BTW: the car has enough power to pull them 185s. Pssst!
Old 4th February 2020, 14:18   #133
Dan

Hi Guys,
Is anyone here running 175/60/R13 on their Zen without any issues? I'd like to upgrade the tires on my 2001 Zen Vxi from the stock 145/80/R12 on steel rims to 175/60/R13 with 5J alloys. Will this foul with the inner wall / body parts while turning lock to lock or under full load? Didn't find much of difference when comparing the two on an online tire size calculator. Expert opinions will be highly appreciated.
Dan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks