Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2015, 10:14   #166
BHPian

Re: Bridgestone Turanza - Very trust worthy!

Does anybody know if these Turanzas are better than Michelins 3ST ?

Considering all aspects and driving on patchy portholes on outskirts ?
Old 6th January 2016, 14:58   #167
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking of replacing two Turanza E60s with the same model. Nearest Bridgestone store suggested B290 instead (3450 per tyre) as they do not have Turanza with them.

How do these compare?
Old 6th January 2016, 16:21   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I am thinking of replacing two Turanza E60s with the same model. Nearest Bridgestone store suggested B290 instead (3450 per tyre) as they do not have Turanza with them. How do these compare?
Dear Latheesh - only Bridgestone. Period!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 16:43   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I am thinking of replacing two Turanza E60s with the same model. Nearest Bridgestone store suggested B290 instead (3450 per tyre) as they do not have Turanza with them.

How do these compare?
The B290 are budget tyres from Bridgestone whereas the Turanzas are premium ones. Please try and find Turanzas as they would be much better (but a lil more expensive.)
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 13:17   #170
BHPian

The Turanza's should cost you roughly 4400/- a piece when you buy 4 nos. ( with alignment and old tyre buy back included etc. as a package ), here in Bangalore
Old 15th February 2016, 22:30   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
The B290 are budget tyres from Bridgestone whereas the Turanzas are premium ones. Please try and find Turanzas as they would be much better (but a lil more expensive.)
May I please ask for some clarity here? The Bridgestone vs Michelin debate is driving me nuts. The OEM Apollo Accelere tyres on my Chevrolet Spark are overdue for replacement.

I get the same spiel from all dealers -- Bridgestone for durability and Michelin for comfort. How do I choose between factors that are equally desirable?

Also in the case of Bridgestone, the B290 is said to be the popular choice but does it make sense to spend more on a Turanza (the website lists ER60 AND AR20)?

I have driven 22.5K km in around six years.

thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 13:21   #172
BHPian

Did you make up your mind ?
Which Tyres You finally went for ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by curios View Post
May I please ask for some clarity here?
I get the same spiel from all dealers -- Bridgestone for durability and Michelin for comfort. How do I choose between factors that are equally desirable?
thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 14:23   #173
BANNED

My experience with Turanaza ER60 and XM1 / XM2 is noted here. If you like handling and take corners with instant direction changes opt for XM2. If you like soft ride quality and poor handling opt for XM1 or 2. I have had XM1 since 1.2lac kms on my 2003 Zen and I could rip it to the limit where tyres smoked without any wheel spins. Now I opted for Turanaza ER60 and I always have to drive restrained as the handling is very poor compared to XM1 but I can fly on bad roads, bumps etc. Also I find the ER60 to be more muted when going over uneven patches. I thank my stars I didn't opt for Turanaza for my city and opted for 185/65R15. Both are good tyres but totally different behaviour. I have never faced any side wall cuts on either but looking at behaviour I forsee Turanaza to be more prone for same. In fact I find Turanaza much softer than XM's.
Old 5th May 2016, 14:41   #174
BHPian

Completed 70k on my Swift Zdi with 195/60 R15 Turanza ER60. I guess they will do another 5k comfortably, but planning to change them in next few days. As per my tyre guy, AR20's have been discontinued and ER60's relaunched and available for 4900/- per tyre. He also suggested Yoko Earth1 for about the same price. But as of now, planning to stick to ER60 only. Have tried them on 3 different cars and have done more than 2L kms on them, and nor once have they disappointed on any parameter.
Old 7th May 2016, 06:02   #175
BHPian

Hi Friends,
Any idea of Bridgestone Turanza 17 inch for creta 215/60/R17 are available in the market , and what would be the price of each tyre.

I am considering to take Base Version of Creta and accessorizing it by exchanging the OEM tyres with 17 inch OEM profile ones.
Old 14th June 2018, 03:32   #176
BHPian

I am getting Bridgestone turanza ER300 ( 225 45 R18) as OEM on the A6. Does anyone have experience with these? Are these silent tires? Is there a need to change these tires at all while taking delivery or immediately thereafter. I am sticking to the 18 inch rims.

In the past I have upgraded tires when I have bought cars. I have never used Bridgestone, has always been Yokos and Pirelli’s. While the topic says they are very trustworthy, any known issues with Bridgestone on warranty support etc in the recent past that folks here have had that I need to be aware of ? The dealer tells me that these tires have an extra layer of rubber and are made specifically for Audi. I found it a little hard to believe.
Old 14th June 2018, 09:27   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
I am getting Bridgestone turanza ER300 ( 225 45 R18) as OEM on the A6. Does anyone have experience with these? Are these silent tires? Is there a need to change these tires at all while taking delivery or immediately thereafter. I am sticking to the 18 inch rims.
Bridgestone Turanzas came fitted on my car (Corolla Altis) and they have been very good. Sidewalls are tougher than comparable Michelins. If you really want to change your OEM tyres consider a tyre from the Michelin range. I swear by them.

Nearly all tyre manufacturers are dodgy when it comes to warranty claims. A large majority of bulges on the sidewall are caused by driving the car into potholes or striking the kerb a claim for which no manufacturer can honour as it is not a manufacturing defect.

Quote:
The dealer tells me that these tires have an extra layer of rubber and are made specifically for Audi. I found it a little hard to believe.
That dealer's giving you a load of tosh. Turanzas are comfort tyres but relatively tough. I'd choose between Michelin, Yokos or Continentals. Pirelli, nopes, not my choice in this country.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 15:28   #178

Has Bridgestone stopped production of Turanza tyres? If yes, what is an equally good replacement in the market at the same pricepoint?

I have two relatively new Turanza in the front (165/80 R14 85H) and want to change the other 2 rear S248 tyres (165/80 R14 85T).
Old 18th July 2019, 14:39   #179
BHPian

Changed my tyres to Turanza er60 185 70 r14 upsized from MRF ZV2K 165 80 r14. They have made a ton of a difference in my Dzire's behaviour and handling. The car is eager to accelerate, grippier in corners and even the steering has become lighter. They are H rated, capable of 220 km/h. They are very confidence inspiring!

Cruising at 120 km/h on the expressway feels like 80 km/h. Although I do not recommend speeding on Indian roads for safety reasons.

Last edited by Rshrey22 : 18th July 2019 at 14:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks