Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 13:59   #406
BHPian

Re: Michelin Energy XM1+ & Bridgestone Turanza ER-60....The Best Allrounders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hey NFS2024. Only the sidewall in the Michelin's are soft. Rest is just fine.
yes, i too feel the same, I drive 155/70/12 on my 2004 Zen,and one tire got a hole on the sidewall (car hit the divider at 40 kmph) I am running with a repaired tire..my next tire upgrade would be Bridgestones..
Old 27th April 2011, 18:45   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
yes, i too feel the same, I drive 155/70/12 on my 2004 Zen,and one tire got a hole on the sidewall (car hit the divider at 40 kmph) I am running with a repaired tire..my next tire upgrade would be Bridgestones..
Any tire would get damaged after hitting a divider @40kph.
Only thing that can save it is, your luck
Old 10th May 2011, 02:39   #408
BHPian

Hey guys., im about for a tyre change tomorrow and would like some advice.

- first of all, have bridgestone replaced the ER60's with AR10's ?

I'm getting the ER60's 175/70/R13 for 3.2k each ( manufacturing date may'10 ). Inspected the tyres personally and they are brand new and show no faults whatso ever. should i go ahead with the buy ? is it a genuine price for quite old tyres ?
Old 6th June 2011, 13:17   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
Hey guys., im about for a tyre change tomorrow and would like some advice.

- first of all, have bridgestone replaced the ER60's with AR10's ?

I'm getting the ER60's 175/70/R13 for 3.2k each ( manufacturing date may'10 ). Inspected the tyres personally and they are brand new and show no faults whatso ever. should i go ahead with the buy ? is it a genuine price for quite old tyres ?
Apparently AR10s are a more recent version of ER60 (in India). Search for AR10 and you will find some reviews dating back to 2009.

The Bridgestone India website though does not seem to have been updated with all the range for AR10...their 'Tire Selector' only shows some sizes and even shows AR10 as being Tubed tires!
Old 7th June 2011, 13:18   #410
BHPian

Finally got my b250s replaced with XM1+ and immediately noticed a world of difference in road holding and quietness.Very pleased with the choice.thanks everyone.by the way the car is verna vgt.
Old 19th June 2011, 14:46   #411
BHPian

Hi Folks,

This is my first post on this forum.

I have been following this discussion for quite sometime and it has helped me immensely in narrowing the choice to the following,

Michelin XM1 and Bridgestone ER60

I have a Getz Prime GLS 1.3 (Petrol) - 2007 model having 175/70 R13 Michelin tyres. The running of the car till date has been 31790 kms and the tread marks are worn out due to which since last 2 days I felt wobbling at the steering. Also the rim flange on one of my tyres has bent due to me hitting a big pothole and I am keeping it as a spare one. While the flange was straightened, the service guy has told me to go for a new rim. So I am also looking at going in for 13 " alloy wheels.

I checked with Darshan tyres (Kothrud, Pune) and the price they quote for Michelin XM1 is 3900/- per tyre. Plati alloy wheels costs @13800/- (4 nos.).
5th one needs to be asked for as company gives only 4. I would be going tomorrow for further details.

Is this a good deal?.
Are 13" alloy wheels good for 175/70 R13 Michelin XM1 tyres? All 4 tyres show wear after 31790 kms. Is this fine or they have worn out much faster. In that case should I again go in for Michelin or try Bridgestone? I am not a rough driver although I do drive pretty fast. No sudden acceleration or braking though.

What should be the manufacturing date in case I go in for a purchase?. Would tyres up to 6 months old be fine?.

Any suggestions would be really of help before I go in for this change.
Old 21st June 2011, 14:34   #412

Hi Guys,

I was looking to change the tyres for my Verna too, I had narrowed down to Michelin Energy XM1+ and Yokohama A Drives. I just got a quote of 4.7k for the Michelins' and 4.6k for the Yoko's, is this right? I got the quote from a Tyre shop on Whitefield Main Road.
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:31   #413
BHPian

After going through many many threads on TBHP about Michelin and Bridgestone and speaking to people about the XM1+ and ER60, finally decided to get ER60 for my Swift VDI. Just by physically checking the sidewall I could feel the XM1+ on the softer side when compared to ER60. My requirements were more reliable ride over bad roads than better ride comfort.

The stock JK Vectras (185/70/14) served me for almost 50K kms and I decided to get the tyres changed before monsoons.

First impressions after changing the tyres is almost non existent tyre noise and lighter steering. Handling has improved and slight improvement in ride comfort too.

Got the tyres from Tyre Professionals in Basavangudi. Installation was professionally handled and got some discount as TBHP member. Initially was quoted Rs.4350/- per tyre after the recent price hike by Bridgestone on 15th.
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:07   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
Hi Guys,

I was looking to change the tyres for my Verna too, I had narrowed down to Michelin Energy XM1+ and Yokohama A Drives. I just got a quote of 4.7k for the Michelins' and 4.6k for the Yoko's, is this right? I got the quote from a Tyre shop on Whitefield Main Road.
Buy Michelin only if you drive on the best of roads. I would say that the best tyre for Verna is BS Potenza G3 that I changed to after using Michelin Energy XM1+ for a short time. Less body roll and you can go faster on bad roads and have very good grip compared to Michelins. No idea about Adrives.

Last edited by Prass : 22nd June 2011 at 18:08.
Old 24th June 2011, 00:21   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
Hi Guys,

I'd say the rates are fairly ok. Go for the A-Drives. I upsized to 195/60 R14 A-Drives in December last year, done 8K kms already. Very very good tyres, good all rounders.

If you want to stick to 186/65 R14, see if you can find C-Drives in that size. All the good parts of the A-Drives, plus more performance oriented .
Old 5th July 2011, 14:41   #416
BHPian

Hi Folks:
For 185/65 R14 profile XM1+ tyres, I got a quote of Rs. 5250 per tyre in Chennai. Please share the best price.
Old 5th July 2011, 17:35   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Hi Folks:
For 185/65 R14 profile XM1+ tyres, I got a quote of Rs. 5250 per tyre in Chennai. Please share the best price.
Not sure about 185/65 R14 but I feel the quote is definitely more. In Bangalore, 185/70 R14 is quoted for Rs.4550 per tyre. This was the price about 2 weeks back.
dreamdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 23:48   #418
BHPian

I am in the process of selecting a new set of tyres for my Logan.The current JK Vectras 185/70 X 14 have done 53,000 km without serious issues.About a third of my driving is on very bad roads and over a few terrible humps.
So,besides strong sidewalls and tough contact patches,I am looking to raise the Ground clearance of the car.Accordingly, 195/70 X 14 is an option I am considering.
I am inclined toward the BS Turanza ER-60s.While 4 tyre dealers in Indira Nagar can offer these in 195/70,the one dealer,from whom I have bought some tyres earlier,says that the sidewalls of Turanzas of this size are too hard and without reinforcement - they are likely to get cut in big potholes. He advices me to go for 195/70 Michelins or Goodyear Assurances that have better sidewall reinforcements in this size and are extensively used/abused by Qualis cabs.
I wonder which of the 3 that I should go for? Or drop the upsizing notion altogether and go for 185/70 Turanzas.
Would greatly appreciate information regarding the Turanza 195/70's on bad roads
Old 8th July 2011, 01:07   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by citron View Post
says that the sidewalls of Turanzas of this size are too hard and without reinforcement - they are likely to get cut in big potholes. He advices me to go for 195/70 Michelins or Goodyear Assurances that have better sidewall reinforcements in this size and are extensively used/abused by Qualis cabs.
Turanza ER60's side walls are much.. much tougher than Michelin. I have run both on my car. In an unfortunate incident, Michelin's side walls gave way.If you are looking for tough tyres, IMHO, nothing can beat the Turanza ER60 for a passenger car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by citron View Post
I wonder which of the 3 that I should go for?
I'm not sure about the 195/70 upgrade for the logan, but if you do, make sure they do not scrape the side walls.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 13:59   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Turanza ER60's side walls are much.. much tougher than Michelin. I have run both on my car. In an unfortunate incident, Michelin's side walls gave way.If you are looking for tough tyres, IMHO, nothing can beat the Turanza ER60 for a passenger car.

I'm not sure about the 195/70 upgrade for the logan, but if you do, make sure they do not scrape the side walls.
Thanks a lot,dhanushs.The Turanza ER 60s indeed have very good reviews and that is why I want to go for these.My doubt is about the sidewalls of 195/70 - the reviews seem to be for 185/70.
My logan has extra clearances in the tyre wells due to rubber assister inserts in all 4 coil springs and I hope that these will prevent any scraping by the 195/70s.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks