Team-BHP - Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/61694-fiat-punto-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-2.html)

How wide is the steel rim? What's the exact J rating?

Also, I'm sure its only a matter of time before dealers will be able to sell OEM Punto alloys off the shelf.

If you look at this pic below GP sells with these R15 rims in many markets abroad. Looks pretty neat in my opinion. Now these are 5J rims which are used even in the Active variants abroad. And I think if its the same rim size (i.e. 5J) that they use here they may not be able to accomodate the 195 section width tyres. In this case the best option is to find out from a Emotion pack GP what the inscription on the wheels say. I suspect the top variant has a 6J size.

@people hunting desperately for 98 pcd's:D, found this in a thread in TBHP

Supreme Motors
12-B, PURSHOTTAM BUILDING, 456 LAMINGTON ROAD, OPP. OPERA HOUSE POST OFFICE, MUMBAI.
TEL: 022-23699237, 23640270, 9820135949
suprememotors_2005@vsnl.net

The web link.
Product

P.S. The post date was pretty old. Can't be sure of the phone nos.But the link works. Worth a shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pusako (Post 1430450)

Supreme Motors
12-B, PURSHOTTAM BUILDING, 456 LAMINGTON ROAD, OPP. OPERA HOUSE POST OFFICE, MUMBAI.

The web link.
Product

P.S. The post date was pretty old. Can't be sure of the phone nos.But the link works. Worth a shot.

Thanks a lot mate! Will check up and keep you guys updated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pusako (Post 1430450)

Supreme Motors

The web link.
Product

Gave the guy a call. They dont have any 98PCD size alloys with them. He suggested me to go for 100PCD fitment with washers instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by furioussphinx (Post 1430916)
Gave the guy a call. They dont have any 98PCD size alloys with them. He suggested me to go for 100PCD fitment with washers instead.

What difference will it make if someone goes for 100 pcd?

Quote:

Originally Posted by furioussphinx (Post 1430916)

No wonder.
I'd suggest you get Momo rims. Better quality and 98 PCD for the money.
You just have to save for one extra month. :)

@furioussphix
Hard luck mate!:Frustrati But did you tell him that, it was listed on the web site? If that doesn't work out, i guess you would have to go for 'branded' stuff.Don't listen to those guys a fix up a 100pcd its known to cause wobbling issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pusako (Post 1431078)
@furioussphix
Hard luck mate!:Frustrati But did you tell him that, it was listed on the web site? If that doesn't work out, i guess you would have to go for 'branded' stuff.Don't listen to those guys a fix up a 100pcd its known to cause wobbling issues.

Every alloy wheel website mentions 98 PCD in the tech specs. HR, prestige,etc. You can check their website.
They just don't make it or sell it here.
I had a hard time getting 114.3 PCD rims. Same story with the 108 PCD too.
Easiest is 100.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 1431037)
No wonder.
I'd suggest you get Momo rims. Better quality and 98 PCD for the money.
You just have to save for one extra month. :)

How much Momo rims cost?

So this means getting 98pcd is very tough.
Had anyone got alloys here on forum for 98 pcd yet?

Momos are about 28k for 15inchers and 34k (or around the same) for 16inchers. Know a dealer who is in the process of getting the collection.

Punto Active has 165/80 R14, Dynamic and Emotion 175/70 R14 and Emotion Pack 195/60 R15. Just for checking if upgrading the rim size of Active spec to Emotion pack spec would entail any speedo errors, I checked here
Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tire Bible Page 2 of 2

The calculated error is -0.74% or, as the example says when your speedo reads 70mph (112.65 kmph), you're actually travelling at 69.48 mph (111.81 kmph).

So I guess it will be worthwhile to upgrade to emotion pack spec on an active without losing stability or speedo/odo errors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantnehru
Momos are about 28k for 15inchers

Cool. Thats Lenso territory. So Fiat guys on a budget, look no further. For now, perhaps.

Guys, was adjusting my stephny today and I noticed that the stock rims are 5.5J.

Would the alloys on Mag Wheels,Automotive Wheels,Aluminum Alloy Wheels,Car Chrome Wheels,Supplier be a good for GP Active? And would 205/65 be a good fit for the car with these alloys?