Team-BHP - Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/61694-fiat-punto-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-6.html)

I have decided to go for R-S2s if I can find them. If not, the next one is Sdrives. And yes, this is if am going for 15" alloys. And I am going for the HRS alloy, H 412.

killer choice! I would have gone for R-S2's too. But at the last moment the dealer didn't have them in STOCK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by furioussphinx (Post 1538891)
I have decided to go for R-S2s if I can find them. If not, the next one is Sdrives. And yes, this is if am going for 15" alloys. And I am going for the HRS alloy, H 412.

how much are the HRS set of 5 costing you? iam planning to go for the same

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms001 (Post 1539220)

Dint go and negotiate yet. Will be going next week when my car is back. Now am really tempted to Pete/RD my baby. Lets see what happens. Funds Funds Funds! Lol.

Put the wheels first,before going petes/rd

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms001 (Post 1539220)

looking at the specs it seems it has 8 holes, 4 would be 100 and 4 98pcd, dont know if these are genuine or filed, any suggestion guys? the cost is 18k for 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms001 (Post 1537914)
did you manage to get any 98 pcd alloys yet? iam tired of looking

same here... and all the dealers try to push for the 100 pcd's, claiming there is absolutely no risk whatsoever...
please do let me know if you know anyone having 98 pcd alloys here in blore

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms001 (Post 1544341)
looking at the specs it seems it has 8 holes, 4 would be 100 and 4 98pcd, dont know if these are genuine or filed, any suggestion guys? the cost is 18k for 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkjona (Post 1547245)
same here... and all the dealers try to push for the 100 pcd's, claiming there is absolutely no risk whatsoever...
please do let me know if you know anyone having 98 pcd alloys here in blore

I have not heard of 98 being one of the two PCDs in multi-PCD wheels. In multi-PCD wheels, most often one PCD is 100 and the other is 102. Please check the specifications on the product/catalogue carefully otherwise measure it accurately. 2mm might not seem like much but it can mean the difference between a smooth and stable ride and a wobbly unsafe one.

Fitting 100 PCD wheels onto 98PCD hubs might work if the car is only going to be driven within the city at speeds lower than 80kmph. No amount of 'jugaad' including filing, PCD adjusting bolts etc will work. The most common complaint is wobbling and vibration in the steering at high speeds (anything over 90 kmph).

Remember that besides Fiat even the Peugeots use 98 PCD wheels as do some other European manufacturers, so those wheels have to be out there somewhere.

Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravveendrra (Post 1547588)
I have not heard of 98 being one of the two PCDs in multi-PCD wheels. In multi-PCD wheels, most often one PCD is 100 and the other is 102. Please check the specifications on the product/catalogue carefully otherwise measure it accurately. 2mm might not seem like much but it can mean the difference between a smooth and stable ride and a wobbly unsafe one.

Fitting 100 PCD wheels onto 98PCD hubs might work if the car is only going to be driven within the city at speeds lower than 80kmph. No amount of 'jugaad' including filing, PCD adjusting bolts etc will work. The most common complaint is wobbling and vibration in the steering at high speeds (anything over 90 kmph).

Remember that besides Fiat even the Peugeots use 98 PCD wheels as do some other European manufacturers, so those wheels have to be out there somewhere.

Cheers,

@Ravveendrra-Thanks for your input
i wouldnt want to compromise on safety...hunt for 98 pcd wheels continues... :)

it should actually be a good business for those retailers out there...hope they hear us and get them 98 pcd's soon :)

the spec says it is 98 PCD + 100 pcd

Mag Wheels,Automotive Wheels,Aluminum Alloy Wheels,Car Chrome Wheels,Supplier

they say 3 more designs will be out this week, price is 18k for set for 4 for this one.
Is it ok to go for it if the spec is 100 + 98 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms001 (Post 1547818)

Mag Wheels,Automotive Wheels,Aluminum Alloy Wheels,Car Chrome Wheels,Supplier

they say 3 more designs will be out this week, price is 18k for set for 4 for this one.

right TeamBhpian Gurus, please confirm if this 98+100 pcd is ok?

any Sai Mag dealer in Bangalore?

ms001 please keep us posted for those new designs.
maybe we can get it together and get additional discount :)

neo wheels has 15" extreme for FIAT (98 pcd, 4 bolt, 6.5J) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1480904-post2358.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms001 (Post 1547818)

Here's a link you may want to see on multi PCD wheels.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ls-unsafe.html

thanks for the link sdp, but there is no conclusion to that thread, some say its safe some say absolutely not.

I think you can go ahead with the multi PCD wheels. Haven't heard of a real life case so far where multi PCD wheels have given problems, quite a few people use multi PCD wheels esp the lenso samurai ones on the swift.