Team-BHP - Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/61694-fiat-punto-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-3.html)

Guys!! The above link says 98 pcd is available!:Shockked: Anyone check that out yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaking (Post 1437133)
Would the alloys on Mag Wheels,Automotive Wheels,Aluminum Alloy Wheels,Car Chrome Wheels,Supplier be a good for GP Active? And would 205/65 be a good fit for the car with these alloys?

Dude I spoke to Gautam of Sai mag wheels and he too doesnt have stock of any 98PCD. This model you suggested is 6J whereas we need 5.5J.

errrr!!! pardon me if this is dumb but a UK alloy wheels website says this

Quote:

For 4x98 fitments you can fit 4x100 wheels with special bolts click here
Is this technically possible!! I hope the website is not BSing.

edit: technical might not be the word. What i wanted to ask is "is it safe. Is this the method that the t-bhp advices to avoid?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrade (Post 1440021)
errrr!!! pardon me if this is dumb but a UK alloy wheels website says this

Is this technically possible!! I hope the website is not BSing.

edit: technical might not be the word. What i wanted to ask is "is it safe. Is this the method that the t-bhp advices to avoid?"

Looks like a risky affair. Infact I spoke to one more guy today and it seems he got 17inch 100PCD MOMO rims onto a Punto. It seems the Punto is taking in the 100PCD alloys without any alterations. Dont know how far it is true. But I dont want to be a scape goat and try on my car. Safety is a bigger priority for me over looks. It still is risky to try out no matter how many people try to persuade me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by furioussphinx (Post 1440355)
Looks like a risky affair. Infact I spoke to one more guy today and it seems he got 17inch 100PCD MOMO rims onto a Punto. It seems the Punto is taking in the 100PCD alloys without any alterations. Dont know how far it is true. But I dont want to be a scape goat and try on my car. Safety is a bigger priority for me over looks. It still is risky to try out no matter how many people try to persuade me.

I highly doubt it! I think the alloys are actually 98 PCD and the seller is confused. Or your friend has been duped.

Hi,

Check stamford wheels, they have a dealer in Pune (near Poona College). They definitely have 98 PCD wheels. Check stamfordwheels.com for designs sizes etc.

Cheers,

Stamford Wheels dont have in 98 PCD. We deal with them and that is how I know. I wish they had though. The wheels are of very good quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1440443)
I highly doubt it! I think the alloys are actually 98 PCD and the seller is confused. Or your friend has been duped.

I asked him specifically and he mentioned 100PCD. And it was some random customer, not any of my friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravveendrra (Post 1440499)
Hi,

Check stamford wheels, they have a dealer in Pune (near Poona College). They definitely have 98 PCD wheels. Check stamfordwheels.com for designs sizes etc.

Cheers,

Hey Ravvs, I did check Stamford. Vignesh checked with a dealer in chennai and he had 2 designs. But too too expensive, around 30k. Am on a lookout for used Linea alloys now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1440504)
Stamford Wheels dont have in 98 PCD. We deal with them and that is how I know. I wish they had though. The wheels are of very good quality.

Is it? Then vignesh was quite confident that they are 100PCD and it seems he checked it online too. God, why does fiat have to make it 98PCD!

Quote:

Originally Posted by furioussphinx (Post 1440506)
Hey Ravvs, I did check Stamford. Vignesh checked with a dealer in chennai and he had 2 designs. But too too expensive, around 30k. Am on a lookout for used Linea alloys now.

Try the Pune dealer, IIRC the price quoted by him was about two-thirds what the guy in Chennai is asking.

Cheers,

Would someone have following details of the Punto wheels:

Hole : 4H
PCD : 98
Lip Depth :
Centre Bore :
Offset (mm) :
X-Factor :
Hub-Height :

Does change in any of the above values except the PCD make much of the difference?

Thanks in advance.
~Venkat

What I meant was that they dont have it in India. Maybe the dealer placed some specific orders and got it. But as a general rule, they dont bring the 98PCD wheels into India.

Anyway, I've spoken to the company guy and will definitely place an order for a few sets of 15" 98 PCD.

I checked in a store on JC road (Bangalore) and he asked me to check with him after about a week for the 98 PCD alloys. He was talking about neowheels. Is that a good option?

Quote:

Originally Posted by furioussphinx
This model you suggested is 6J whereas we need 5.5J.

For a 195, I'd recommend nothing lesser than 6J.
Infact, I run 185s on 6J. Absolutely fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by furioussphinx (Post 1440506)
Am on a lookout for used Linea alloys now.

Looks like new Linea Alloys cost Rs. 10,500/-. Is it worth going in for it at that price?

guys,
so much is being mentioned about this PCD mismatch in all the fiats and not just the punto and linea. What would you actually do to wear one upsize of the shoe size which you normally have??? Fillers do not provide you running stability. The only reason why you dont get 98 PCD alloys is that there are very very few cars with those specs and hence its not viable for the importers to hold stocks for the same. All these alloy companies do manufacture 98 and they are available on order.

In case, you dont find them, please check with Peter for the BORBETT wheels.

Any tyre, which is heavier in weight by 15% than your stock would kill the performance of your car. Also remember, that the punto is just a shade above 1ton and a tyre with a stong side wall with take away all the ride comfort, even if they look outstanding aesthetically. 195/60/15, 0r 205/55/15 are the best upsizes for this car, as its not releasing too many horses [76bhp] on the tap. Try running with 'woodland' shoes and you will get what i am trying to tell you all. All you would do is stomp, stomp and stomp.

Saloon tyres in the sizes mentioned above, or sports editions with not very hard side walls would be perfect with the stock set up of the suspension. Problems with wrong upsizes are not noticeable immediately, they take about 5-7K to set and ultimately rob the whole pleasure of driving a good car.

The ES 100 in YOKOS would do a lot of justice to this car if you like the sporty feel.
If you prefer comfort and noiseless performance, check on the new launch of the stock size of PUNTO in V550 DNA decidels in YOKOS again.