Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2017, 22:10   #46
BHPian

Re: Skoda Fabia Tyre upgrade

Go ahead with the upsize. [/quote]

Thanks Yogesa, After exactly a month Have managed to finally change the tires today.
Have replaced the stock apollos to 185/65 R14.
Just drove back about 10 kms after replacement. Shall post an update after few hundred kms.
Ah yes, new set is Continental - CC5. 4650/pc.
Old 7th May 2017, 12:27   #47
BHPian

Just an update after couple of hunderd KM in the city limits.
Ride quality is much more plush now.
There was 1 speed breaker where I live which I used to touch with the earlier, If I am not very careful with 4 pax onboard. With the new set of tyres,dont scrape that anymore!
Old 24th July 2017, 16:52   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesa View Post
I had installed this tyre-size on my TDI Fabia. Before this I had the 185-60-14 size, which would scrape the underbelly of most of the road humps of Pune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
Just an update after couple of hunderd KM in the city limits.
Ride quality is much more plush now.
There was 1 speed breaker where I live which I used to touch with the earlier, If I am not very careful with 4 pax onboard. With the new set of tyres,dont scrape that anymore!
Guys, I too am looking around for wheel upgrade for my Fabia. Currently running with 185-60-R14. Thinking of upgrading to R15 looks tempting, but cost of good rims together with tires keeps me restricted to upgrading only tires!

After seeing your positive feedback with 185-65-R14 looks like a good option, but up on researching I came to know (carbible) that switching to this will result into some 3.2% of error which is more than standard thumb rule of maintaining it below 3.0%. This means as per this calculation, "So when your speedo reads 70mph, you're actually travelling at 72.24 mph." That does not sound dangerous, though.

Apart from this, do you guys have any other feedback from this upgrade?

All the tire gurus out there, any additional information at this stage will be very useful as I can go for R15 rim upgrade (provided I get some good deals) now or never. Assuming the new R14 tires will last for say next 5 years by that time I may not be owing this vehicle anymore, this will be her last set of shoes.

Mine is a Fabia 1.6 so going for a wider profile will not hamper the performance much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks