Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2020, 00:55   #376
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Alto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Look for the Michelin XM2+ if you have a budget of upto 3.5k. You will not be disappointed. I am running the XM2 on my K10 with an upsize (165/65R13) since purchase on stock wheels and very satisfied.
https://www.michelin.in/auto/tyres/m...nergy-xm2-plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
With your requirements and budget that you have, I would second deepakv. I have used the XM2+ on the Alto and I would highly recommend them over the other options in the OE size.
Thank you guys for the suggestion. Looking forward to go for a Michelin (always had this itch for it, thanks for making it more intense now )

Any idea about the warranty and replacement hassle in case of any issues?
Old 19th October 2020, 11:36   #377
BHPian

I think a repeated question here but still not able to find the right answer -
Can we upgrade and fit the 165 55 R13 on Alto K10 (Old model) with the stock rims.
Or is it best we stick with the stock sizes.

Planning to replace the tyres this weekend and hence need your inputs.
Old 24th November 2020, 09:57   #378
BHPian

My Alto K10 needs a new tires. Present tires are 8 years old and came with the car. They are Bridgestone tubeless while the spare is Dunlop. What do you guys suggest?. No frills maintenance free use mainly for city runs only.
Old 12th April 2021, 14:27   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanzameendar View Post
Car: Maruti Alto LXi - Fully Stock

I am infact happy with the performance of Falken, especially during a couple of heart-in-mouth panic braking situations. But the bubbles getting developed at 45k kms is a bit surprising and acting as a deterrent to opting for Falken once again. Also I am not entirely happy with the tire noise over 80 kmph on these Falkens. I am looking for tires with low noise, good grip, comfortable ride and less prone to getting punctured. My driving is 90% on proper highways and 10% on broken or uneven roads. I do long stretches in one go.

I was looking at Apollo Amazer 4G (offers a 2 years unconditional warranty). I am open to spend upto 3.5k per tire. Would love to have suggestions from the experienced.
So finally, after procrastinating for a while and waiting for Michelins, which BTW is not available in fresh stocks due to import restrictions, I settled for Apollo Amazer 4G 145/80 R12 stock size in January 2021 for Rs. 10,400/- including GST for a set of 4.

Waited for 3 months & 15000 kms before writing this here. Firstly, the tires are pretty silent in comparison to my previous set of Falken Sinceras. Ride quality is decent too. But, however, cornering at speeds of 80+ kmph are not very confidence inspiring like it was with the Falken. I don't recall slowing down at regular bends on Highways, but with Apollo, the car feels like it's slightly going out of control when cornering in the bends above 80 or 90 kmph.

Durability should be fine since I know cab owners who use Apollo for more than 80000 kms before replacing.

Overall it's 4/5 for me.
urbanzameendar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 15:56   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Finally got around to change four tyres to Apollo Amazer 4G tubeless on Christmas day. Dealer inspected the rims and pronounced them good. Bought the stock size tyres 145/80/R12. Initial impressions are good. Ride feels softer and noticeably low tyre noise.

Paid Rs 2600 per tyre inclusive of balancing and alignment. All five old MRF ZVTS tube tyres were in pretty much identical condition, so left the stepney in place unchanged.
Hello Sir. I'm looking to switch to Amazer 4G. The existing tyre is XM2 from Michelin. My other two options are ZLX from MRF and Sturdo from Bridgestone. I would like to know your experience and feedback on the Amazer 4Gs. Thanks in advance!
Old 10th April 2023, 06:55   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard1955 View Post
I'm looking to switch to Amazer 4G. The existing tyre is XM2 from Michelin.
Mine had MRF ZVTS with tube when I bought the car. I changed to Amazer 4G tubeless on the same steel rims and find them to be better. But they are not soft compound like Michelins, they are tough and durable tyres. Some tyre noise will be present.

Last edited by Gansan : 10th April 2023 at 06:56.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks