Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-11.html)

Thank you Suren (for the edification as well! ;))
Well, I took some pics. of the car & am trying to post them....will be sending them to Karlos to post them here in case imageshack is being tricky with me again!

Here're finally the first 2 pics.!

Will try to post the remaining.....

She is a bit rusty Stanher but not enough to be unsalvageable. The steerings not original (but then thats the story with most such cars) Please someone save her!! Khan Sultan, you wanted one, heres your chance bud. Jump on it.

For you Fiat lovers, I noticed a black dukkar (i think) on Tulsi Pipe road. Its parked near a small time roadside garage. Maybe something to check out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 560394)
She is a bit rusty Stanher but not enough to be unsalvageable. The steerings not original (but then thats the story with most such cars)

Oh yeah...sorry yaar forgot to mention- the steering wheel's an 80s maruti one (altho 'wonder how on earth they managed to fit it onto a fiat- they are supposed to be both of different systems!).....I've seen the RC book (original)......car happens to be a '61 model....the bad news is that the regn. hasnt been renewed since 1988 or '92.....the good news is that atleast in AP you dont have to pay life tax for vehicles older than 15 years (if you've paid all the taxes duly until 1988, in which case it has been done)....car's a bit rusty on the outside but the floorboards (atleast the front ones) badly need farmore attention!
Uh, btw, is Khan sultan a new member here? I dont recall coming across any posts from him here.....where is he located?
As expected from a scrapper, the guy quoted a ridiculously steep price >25k for the car!.....we offered him much less & left.....told him we'll get back to him tomorrow.....things stand that way for now......

Stanher,
I recently bought a well maintained original 1956 Fiat 1100 Elegante a.k.a Centrelight which was fitness done till 2011 for 35K..hence the asking price is too high,in my opinion.

Uh, btw, is Khan sultan a new member here? I dont recall coming across any posts from him here.....where is he located?

Ok, Khan Sultan is another member on the forum from Bangalore. He is looking for Fiat 1100 for a restoration project. And has also posted in the market area for one.

Stanher,
You me on 9849160105..
Also try Mirza's garage in Jubilee Hills..HE has some 50 odd Cars and Bikes..all Vintage for Sale

Heres a couple more. The car looks quite sad to me actually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 560416)
For you Fiat lovers, I noticed a black dukkar (i think) on Tulsi Pipe road. Its parked near a small time roadside garage. Maybe something to check out.

Now that you've dangled the carrot, get us pics the nest time you cross it.:)

Hi Hillram,

If you pass by can you pls check in Mirza's Garrage what vintage cars
were for sale? Any Austins, Morris or other old cars available with prices if possible can you find out.

Appreciate the excellent team efforts of Stanher, Suren181, Hillram, Karl
and others.

Thanks & all the best,
VP5

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 560578)
Heres a couple more. The car looks quite sad to me actually.

Aah, the fiat guru has spoken! :D
Is that your way of saying shez a hopeless case, which makes her qualify for the ol' channi-hathodi?? :sigh:.......oh well, atleast I've tried!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 560416)

I know that one but thats scrap. Parked in between two garages Not salvageable

I ma be no fiat expert but i personally think this car is not worth salvaging at this price. It needs a lot of work which would bring the total amount to an unreasonable sum!(the rims seem to be new though!! are they the original ones?? then they are worth salvaging i think!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 560644)
I ma be no fiat expert but i personally think this car is not worth salvaging at this price. It needs a lot of work which would bring the total amount to an unreasonable sum!(the rims seem to be new though!! are they the original ones?? then they are worth salvaging i think!)

The rims are the original ones. They dont have all the clips to hold the hubcaps intact though...which is common on old fiat rims.
I've posted this in the marketplace for Khan_Sultan.....

if he is interested I'll revert to the guy tomorrow & see if he has come down to a more reasonable price (although that is hardly expected of scrappers am just clinging onto every straw I can!).....My last price offered to him was 14k...if not will ultimately settle for the parts.

sorry guys for my late entry into the save the fiat issue. most of the points have been discussed already. i think stanher you should not take up the project but if sultan wants it let him save her. the car does have alot of work but it is repairable. the price also that the guy was quoteing is high and the price you have offered is reasonable. hope you can get to save the car.