Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-3.html)

ishaan tell me where? is the buick and the alpine for sale too. :confused: :confused: :confused:
i am ready with my shoes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 528542)
ishaan tell me where? is the buick and the alpine for sale too. :confused: :confused: :confused:
i am ready with my shoes.

Speedy - Buick might be but Alpine is not. Already PM'ed you the address & details.

congrates suren for your good old new ride........[:)]

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 528627)
Speedy - Buick might be but Alpine is not. Already PM'ed you the address & details.

thank you ishan will check them out i think today would be late day after or monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 528201)
that is a normal prectice with the scrappers stanher to increase the price of the car. it happened to me a couple of times too. thank god you guys did'nt back off and saved the car. i'm sure the keys are with the guy and would at a later stage offer it to you for a price, claiming he went through all the trouble to get it for you.

let him do that, we will screw him left and right and center. ofcourse after taking the keys ;).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 528835)
let him do that, we will screw him left and right and center. ofcourse after taking the keys ;).

dont screw him too badly, you never know when he gets something interesting. it happened to me once and i regretted it :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 528860)
dont screw him too badly, you never know when he gets something interesting. it happened to me once and i regretted it :deadhorse

goodone speedy,
didnt even think about it. I will use a mild but very effective way.

please do i had to pay the sky for emblems and door handles that would have costed me the earth otherwise. use the mild approach its the best way.

Yippie!!! another beauty saved!! God bless u suren, stanher. lets have more pix soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 528201)
that is a normal prectice with the scrappers stanher to increase the price of the car......i'm sure the keys are with the guy and would at a later stage offer it to you for a price, claiming he went through all the trouble to get it for you.

Hmm...yes, I did suspect the same thing too.....unfortunately no way of proving it! :(
I now feel we should've done him just right by deducting atleast 100 bucks form the total amount for the keys while making the final payment....

Quote:

its nice to hear that the car is being worked on. how much work is there on the car? from the pictures it looked more cosmetical then micanical, but that is only seeing pictures you know better. in four days the car would be ready to hit the roads.
wish you luck and great going
Thanks! (And that goes for you too, gogi! :))
Well, we finally got her started up today.....mechanically the car needs minimal work, engine's perfectly noiseless even after remaining unused since what seems like nearly 10 years....Suren came over & went with my mech. for some carb./distributor parts.....radiator's leaking though....then comes the common susp. bushes replacement....were gonna drive her near to my place so my mech. could work on her thereafter......but got dark today & he wasnt willing to risk it in the traffic at that time with the horn (& maybe headlights) not working (yet!)....

BTW, we'd be grateful on any leads on the original front indicators for the 'centrelight' fiat.....I know a shop here where he has the lenses (glass ones I believe) but not the whole assemblies....also the horizontal trim bits across the centre of the grille, either side of the centre headlight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 528974)
Yippie!!! another beauty saved!! God bless u suren, stanher. lets have more pix soon

Your wish is my command! And yes, finallyyyyyy imageshack has complied! :Cheering:

Here's a much clearer pic. of the interior/dash-

And finally a peek under the hood.....first attempt at getting her started....Suren loves that air-filter (original!) :)

Oops....imageshack trouble again.....so more later!

wow stanher great going.:Cheering: she looks really good, so i guess with the minimal work and the engine being in a good state of affairs you would be able to get her ready for the 15th run. the engine bay looks clean and yes i like the original air filter too. gives it a powerful look.

There is an advertisement for:
1947 Hudson
1938 Chevrolet
1965 Mercedes Benz 200 Petrol, Twin carburetor.

All cars are completely restored.
PM me for details, if anyone is interested.

am most interested GS. the hudson and the chevrolet details please. thanks