Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 13:15   #226
Senior - BHPian

The 20 summers old photo of the same , taken by nair saab (r_nair) long back !
Attached Thumbnails
Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-told.jpg  

Old 10th November 2010, 16:17   #227
Senior - BHPian

The sixties bullet , is that resored in an OEM way ?
Attached Thumbnails
Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-bullet-2.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-bullet-3.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-bullet-4.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-bullet-5.jpg  

Attached Images

foby.sebastian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2010, 14:28   #228
BHPian

Foby sir,
Have you seen any nice heralds in Thiruvananthapuram ?
Heard that there is a daily running Herald still doing service there.
please look around for that
Old 17th November 2010, 17:59   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
Heard that there is a daily running Herald still doing service there.
please look around for that
Is this car by any chance with the regn. KLT 7667?? It was first owned by a relative of our tbhpian ram nair:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1967861-post1267.html
Old 17th November 2010, 20:16   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Is this car by any chance with the regn. KLT 7667?? It was first owned by a relative of our tbhpian ram nair:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1967861-post1267.html
shyam,
The car queried by kishorelal is not likely to be KLT7667 because that car left Trivandrum in the early nineties itself. If I am not mistaken he could be talking about a white and red herald which was owned by a guy near Pettah Railway station
Old 17th November 2010, 20:19   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
The sixties bullet , is that resored in an OEM way ?
your image is seen in the rearview mirror of the bullet. be careful of this while taking photos of vehicles
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2010, 20:21   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 20 summers old photo of the same , taken by nair saab (r_nair) long back !
Was not TRISHUL jeep produced by a manufacturer based in KARNATAKA?
Old 19th November 2010, 00:35   #233
Senior - BHPian

Ah Millicentooooo!

It was raining and I was rushing back from Shangumukam beach via Vettukad , just near the Vettukad church I saw a beauty lying around , I suddenley stopped my actvia , my wife thought It was becuse of the worship happening in the church I stopped the scotter , I started walking opposite direction to the church , my wife ws trying to draw my attension to wards the church , I told her Ah millicento , she asked what ? I showed the millicento which was parked beside , I explained about the millicento from my limited knowledge , we both walked towards it.

That was a beauty painted in green , and was in very very good shape and very well taken care of , we were just drooling around it. suddenly a family approached the car and it was the owner and his family , we talked to him , The whole family was putting in their best efforts to mantain the car in such a good shape. Even the owners wife and kids were pertol heads.we chatted for a while.

Can you imagine the paint job of the car is 7 years old !

The photos will not do justice to this car. some photos were taken by my wife. Even my wife seems to be prettey interested with this prticular one !
Attached Thumbnails
Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-millicento-10.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-millicento-1.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-millicento-11.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-millicento-12.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-millicento-2.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-millicento-3.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-millicento-4.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-millicento-5.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-millicento-6.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-millicento-7.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-millicento-8.jpg  

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-millicento-9.jpg  

Old 19th November 2010, 20:07   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was raining and I was rushing back from Shangumukam beach via Vettukad , just near the Vettukad church I saw a beauty lying around , I suddenley stopped my actvia , my wife thought It was becuse of the worship happening in the church I stopped the scotter , I started walking opposite direction to the church , my wife ws trying to draw my attension to wards the church , I told her Ah millicento , she asked what ? I showed the millicento which was parked beside , I explained about the millicento from my limited knowledge , we both walked towards it.

That was a beauty painted in green , and was in very very good shape and very well taken care of , we were just drooling around it. suddenly a family approached the car and it was the owner and his family , we talked to him , The whole family was putting in their best efforts to mantain the car in such a good shape. Even the owners wife and kids were pertol heads.we chatted for a while.

The photos will not do justice to this car. some photos were taken by my wife. Even my wife seems to be prettey interested with this prticular one !
Foby,
This car is not new to Trivandrum. This is a Tamilnadu car which came to Trivandrum in 1973 or so .It was owned by a leading Timber Businessman in Trivandrum, who had a penchant for nice original cars and he sold this in 2004 for Rs.55000/- to this particular guy who stays in Bhagathsingh road, near Anayara.This car photo is seen in other thread already
Old 19th November 2010, 22:00   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That seems to be one nice original car, except for the steering wheel that mars the effect!!

'hope you get to know the owner better and eventually convnice him to change to the original one!
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:53   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renjit View Post
Found this near alappuzha, trying to chase the owner.
Friends,
saved this poor morris minor yesterday and now it is in my garage. getting ready for a complete resto work.

can any one help me find the exact model of the car, as the first few pages of the RC are in a very bad shape. It has got a side valve engine inside.

bumber guars are missing or is this the model with out the guards??

Renjit
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:04   #237
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Foby, Nice car. Is it a millecento? very original except for few parts like the steering wheel, front parklights etc.
Old 24th November 2010, 14:18   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,
saved this poor morris minor yesterday and now it is in my garage. getting ready for a complete resto work.

can any one help me find the exact model of the car, as the first few pages of the RC are in a very bad shape. It has got a side valve engine inside.

bumber guars are missing or is this the model with out the guards??

Renjit
Side valve engine came in Minors only upto 1952 October
The overriders were not there in LOWLITE models
Old 24th November 2010, 14:23   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Foby, Nice car. Is it a millecento? very original except for few parts like the steering wheel, front parklights etc.
as already discussed it is a 1955millicento , few items are not original /missing like headlights, side beadings, airbox,ivory steering wheel,millicento dash plaque,interior light,etc.
Old 24th November 2010, 18:22   #240
BHPian

[quote=ajay99;2151382]
Quote:
Thats an Austin from Kottayam district , It belong to my friends brother.

The other is Ahmed kutty Haji's garage at kudagu

A query for people who frequentely travel between Kottayam and Changanassery - On the way from Changanassery to Kottayam on the right hand side , near a beautiful hotel/restaurant there is a petrol bunk , I saw more than 8 oldies were parked in side that pumb , I was not in a situation to stop over and take the snaps , any idea guys ?[/quote]

Those cars belongs to the owner of the Petrol Bunk .he also has someother shops in the locality
Those cars belong to one Mr.Ziad.He has got a very good collection of vintage and classic cars. he also have a RR whiteghost 30's not sure about the year. also a ford T, some american muscle cars and two or three Austin chummys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks